Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-02-2022, 07:56 PM   #1

rv trip wizard drag route feature

I am using RV trip wizard to plan my next trip, and i am trying to drag the route it gave me, as it wants to take me on a road that looks small, and has a tight over 90 degree turn. However, when I go to drag the route it will only add waypoints all over and not drag the route, as I am trying to stay on a better route. Definitely not as easy to drag the route as google maps.

Am I missing something, or is it really that difficult?

Has anyone else experienced this? If so did you find a way to solve it?

I am able to figure it out via google maps with earth view, but if I am going to use trip wizard I would expect it to work.
kevinB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 08:15 PM   #2

I love RVTW but hate the drag feature and have given up on using it. My work around is to either add a town in the route to force it or add a custom waypoint by touching the map where I want it to go (using an iPad). I then add this custom waypoint in my trip.

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 08:27 PM   #3
Site Team

Moved thread from the Cherokee sub-forum to the General Community Discussion section since the OP's questions are general and not specific to Cherokee products.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 07:26 AM   #4
NXR

RV Trip Wizard has a large, active user-to-user forum on iRV2. There also are several people there answering questions who are somehow affiliated with the program.

Since iRV2 is owned by the same company that owns Forest River Forums, you will create your account there using the same email address and password as here. Their software will find your account here and streamline the account creation process.

You might want to consider asking over there also.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f287/

Ray
Old 10-03-2022, 01:21 PM   #5

I also had some issues with my last big trip with the drag feature - worked fine the past few years, until now. The route was one I've been on several times over the years this time it took me off the road I wanted and showed a dozen construction triangles out into the boonies. I checked the state road website and there was a little construction but certainly not what I was being shown on Trip Wizard. Tried all the ways to force as others have mentioned and finally just went that route and had no issues. Just got to my winter destination and planned to fiddle with it and/or send a note to Trip Wizard - thanks for starting this thread. Since more than one of us have had issues, seems it's a Trip Wizard bug. BTW - I traveled 10 states and the issue was only on one small section of one road in Oregon.
OldGal3 is offline   Reply With Quote