Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-28-2021, 04:16 PM   #1

RV Trip Wizard Gas Tracking

So in a few weeks we head west for about 2000 miles. Have all of our stops reserved but have also selected gas stations along our routes to try to take the guesswork out. (30' MH with 4-down toad.) We're driving enough miles most days for me to want to stop at a station and then go into our campsite with a topped-off tank each night.

Any other users successfully using this part of the program (loading gas usage/mileage) and any tips you might have for it being a great resource versus just a headache to keep up with?

Thanks.

OTR 2024-22 / 2023-29 / 2022-52
2021-51 / 2020-29 / 2019-71 / 2018-49
ArkRVHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 05:03 PM   #2

I particularly like the way RV Trip Wizard (RVTW) helps tell when gas will be needed so I can plan those stops. A 38 foot motor home with a TOAD needs some special consideration in finding fuel stops.

I put in that I want a 15 gallon fuel reserve and put in the mileage as 7MPG even through the motor home gets 7.5MPG. This gives me leeway on either side of the fuel warning in RVTW so I don’t cut it close on when to get fuel. I go through and lay out my itinerary then go back and add the gas stops, it works well for me that way. I use the zoom in and satellite view to pick the best station for me, Flying J is usually the best bet for RV lanes, Love’s usually have enough room to make the turn from the pumps in front of the building or I pick one with the fuel lanes parallel to the road so it is easy in, easy out.
2022 F150 Powerboost Hybrid.
DougW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas, rv trip wizard, tracking gas usage