Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2013, 07:49 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firepup View Post
Wow, RV Wholesalers wants to make their customers happy....hmmm...I might question happy. We purchased a camper, arrived to do inspection, found items that had to be fixed w/ the camper. Took over two months to get the camper fixed. We had made a payment on the camper and did not even have it. We even had to pay for the gas to see the generator work!! Funny part about that, it was checked that it was tested out. How can you test a generator w/out putting gas in it. So therefore, we had to buy 5 gals of gas to see it work. Our camper was to have a water filteration kit and it didn't. We asked about it and we were told, go buy your own. Wow and it was suppose to come w/ the camper. We have had the camper for a year and it just keeps falling apart. Radio works when it wants, the plastic around the shower has cracked, we are on the third shower head, the trim around the beds falls off. I guess you just live and learn. Will not go back to RV Wholesalers and will not buy that brand of camper again. An awful lot of $$ for something so cheaply made. Live and learn and just make the best of it.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I am pretty sure they ship all campers sans propane- I would assume they wouldn't have fuel in the genny, either. I know the 2 generators I ordered had been tested but had no fuel in them. As for the water filter- find that hard to believe. Was it on the itemized options list that RVW sent you? They sent me a brand new 15K BTU a/c because mine had a 13.5 on it but the sheet said 15K. Can't imagine they'd send me something so expensive and not send you a filter. And as far as being on the "third shower head", those types of things are pretty much the same across the board in campers. They are all cheaply made, but can't imagine how someone would break 3. What brand of camper do you have???

Edit: Also wanted to add that, the amount of time it took to get your camper fixed is common(even though it shouldn't be, IMHO), no matter where you buy- especially if it was busy season. If you'll search the forums, you'll find hoards of people complaining about it taking so long to get a camper fixed, even when it was purchased from a local dealer. You really need to be somewhat handy and able to see to the small stuff on a camper. Like the trim you mentioned- can't imagine that would be hard to secure. Like a salesman once told me- these things go through hurricanes and earthquakes constantly. Think about it, traveling 65mph with a gentle rain and a 10mph head wind is a 75mph downpour to that camper. If you consider that, they hold up exceptionally well, in my opinion.
dustman_stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:00 AM   #22
RVWholesalers Representative

Firepup, we are not allowed to put the fuel in the fuel station or the generator. Our insurance does not allow it. If you purchase the fuel then we are allowed to "assist" you in putting the fuel in. I don't know why that is, but if I want to keep my insurance and stay in business I have to follow their rules. Finally, I hate that you are having issues with your unit and I will make sure they are all fixed and handled if you will take the time to tell me about them. I am happy to assist you and when you buy from RVWholesalers you are not on your own. Please give me a chance to take care of the issues you are having or have had. Thanks- David
Old 05-17-2013, 11:26 AM   #23

First off I would like to thank David Durnell for responding in a prompt and professional manner to the PM's I sent him. I now have a firm date for the delivery of my camper that I can plan around. All is good with RVW IMO. Firepup, take the time to call David directly. He will follow up and get you taken care of.
ssharry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:16 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddurnell View Post
Gdoane,
If you send me your name I will get this taken care of for you right away. I offer the same thing to anyone on here that has had a bad experience with RVWholesalers. Simply put we don't have unhappy customers "IF" we know about them. I won't allow people to be unhappy. I will do what it takes that is in my power to make things right. Please contact me and let's get this figured out. Thank you for your business, and to all of you who took the time to give your positive experiences, thank you very much! You did not have to do that and I and my staff as well as our families are very appreciative. Again, please contact me so I can help you out! Thanks- David Durnell

Thanks for your concern, David, I appreciate it. I just tried to message you, but I'm getting a reply that your folder is over limit, and unable to accept new messages. Please let me know how I can contact you in order to get his issue resolved. Thanks!
Gdoane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:18 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdoane View Post

Thanks for your concern, David, I appreciate it. I just tried to message you, but I'm getting a reply that your folder is over limit, and unable to accept new messages. Please let me know how I can contact you in order to get his issue resolved. Thanks!
His email its ddurnell@rvwholesalers.com
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:39 AM   #26

Thanks to everyone who responded with constructive information. Its good to know that others have has positive experiences, and I'm hoping we can get this resolved. My intent with this post was not to incite conflict. We have bought several RVs, often at this time of year, so we are very acquainted with the RV industry. However, we have never purchased a Forest River product or purchased from RV wholesalers. Our last purchase was from Lakeshore RV, at this time of year, the unit was also just coming out of the factory, and we required a long distance delivery. That experience went unbelievably well, so I guess maybe I just have high expectations. I'm hoping we can get these issues resolved and add RVW to the list of dealers who have treated us well.
Gdoane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:51 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdoane View Post
Thanks to everyone who responded with constructive information. Its good to know that others have has positive experiences, and I'm hoping we can get this resolved. My intent with this post was not to incite conflict. We have bought several RVs, often at this time of year, so we are very acquainted with the RV industry. However, we have never purchased a Forest River product or purchased from RV wholesalers. Our last purchase was from Lakeshore RV, at this time of year, the unit was also just coming out of the factory, and we required a long distance delivery. That experience went unbelievably well, so I guess maybe I just have high expectations. I'm hoping we can get these issues resolved and add RVW to the list of dealers who have treated us well.
Lakeshore RV, and their affiliate All Seasons have been great to work with.
Grizzlygibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:47 PM   #28

I purchased my Puma from RV Wholsalers And was nervous buying out of state .. No regrets big saving and great support from the owner with warranty support locally ...
Pullingpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:32 AM   #29

I purchased our Sandpiper 376BHOK from RV Wholesalers and other than a slight delay in the date it was available for us to pick up, everything went really well. My salesman was Mark Wahl and he took care of me from beginning to end and believe me, I called him a lot. I was able to reach him promptly and even after we got back home, RV Wholesalers has taken care of us. I am very happy with the experience and would tell anyone that it is well worth the trip to Ohio for the money saved on the purchase.
2006 Chevy Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4 Diesel with airbags added (pulls great)
B&W Companion Hitch
Nitecat is offline   Reply With Quote