Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-02-2017, 08:58 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenzo View Post
Started to head home, the first gas stop I did a walk around and found that the dust cap came off the wheel bearing and there was grease all down the side of the camper. Little pissed. Called RVW for help. They didn't know my name and couldn't find the paper work. Said they'd call back. 3 days later someone did call. Found a pep boys and put a band aid on it . Got home and called my local FR dealer for warranty work. They did not want to know me. I didn't buy it from them, they didn't make money off me, you go to the end end of the line. RVW were no help at all with the warranty said i have to call FR direct. So to sum up, great price terrible service. You get what you pay for. Is the savings worth the hassle . Sorry for the rant, just venting
Maybe you could elaborate because some of this doesn't make sense. You simply lost a dust cap that, as someone else pointed out, can be purchased for next to nothing and replaced in 30 seconds. Not sure this is something to be "pissed" about. If that minor thing caused you to lose your temper, you're likely to have lots of unhappy moments when camping. You then state that Pep Boys put a "band-aid" on it. Not sure how that would even work? There's not much to do other than simply replace the cap- how do you band-aid that? And your statement about RVW telling you you'd have to contact FR and you were on your own- that's completely opposite of my experience and pretty much everyone else here on the forums. As a matter of fact, on a few occasions when I wanted to contact FR about a part I needed, RVW pretty much insisted on taking care of it for me and dealing with FR as opposed to me going straight to them. As others have stated, the owner of RVW, David Durnell, wants all of his customers to be taken care of and will likely be along to get more info and attempt to resolve the issue for you.
dustman_stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 10:53 AM   #22
RVWholesalers Representative

Chenzo, I need to know the name of the person on my team who told you to call Forest River. Simply put my staff is trained and in 20 years has never told anyone to call Forest River. We have numerous competitors that tell customers to call the factory, we NEVER have a customer call. They will be fired and walked from the building immediately! We never have the customer call the factory, that is OUR job!!! Send me an email and I will personally ensure you are taken care of immediately! Thank you for your business and again please get me that name asap! ddurnell@rvwholesalers.com
Old 02-03-2017, 07:11 PM   #23
Broken Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustman_stx View Post
Maybe you could elaborate because some of this doesn't make sense. You simply lost a dust cap that, as someone else pointed out, can be purchased for next to nothing and replaced in 30 seconds. Not sure this is something to be "pissed" about. If that minor thing caused you to lose your temper, you're likely to have lots of unhappy moments when camping. You then state that Pep Boys put a "band-aid" on it. Not sure how that would even work? There's not much to do other than simply replace the cap- how do you band-aid that? And your statement about RVW telling you you'd have to contact FR and you were on your own- that's completely opposite of my experience and pretty much everyone else here on the forums. As a matter of fact, on a few occasions when I wanted to contact FR about a part I needed, RVW pretty much insisted on taking care of it for me and dealing with FR as opposed to me going straight to them. As others have stated, the owner of RVW, David Durnell, wants all of his customers to be taken care of and will likely be along to get more info and attempt to resolve the issue for you.
if the worst thing that ever happened to me while towing was to lose a dust cap, you wouldn't see me on the internet bitching about it.

Tim

"Camper" 2016
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss
"Casper" 2017 Ram 2500 Laramie Diesel
..ProPride 3P Hitch - "Yeah. It's worth it."
Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 09:46 PM   #24

Did anyone read my second post?? I'm not "bitchin" about the $5. My issue is with RVW claim, and I quote, " Home of the RV Industries First and Only Nationwide Service Network" . When I called RVW to find a place in there "Nationwide Service Network" to address my warranty issue, they just gave me a list of phone numbers of FR dealers that I would have to call myself to schedule an appointment. That was all the effort they put in to help me. And dustman-stx, did you really think I actually put a band-aid on for a repair? It's something you say for a temporary fix when you don't have the right parts. Mr. Durnell , it's been over a year when this happened,. I will email you when I get the info. Thanks for your concern.
Chenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 11:10 PM   #25

I can only speak to my experience. Mike Durnell spent an hour with me before I left with my new rig telling me to call him for any problem. It was stressed they will take care of any issue. He stated it was his job to contact FR. Incidently I had a warranty issue with a side view camera. He returned my email within an hour and a very pleasant woman from RVW contacted me the same day via phone. She took care of everything and my issue was fixed within two weeks. Try and get that service from an RV Dealer.
sgtlm17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 11:48 PM   #26

Note to self:

1) Go to RVW to get sunshine blown up butt. 2) Check for missing dust caps.
punkaccountant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 08:00 AM   #27

Yes the dust cap was there. I'm sure RVW would never let me off the lot with a missing dust cap. As I said there were a few minor things, LED awning lights did not work, one of the electric stabilizing button did not work. Dust cap was not one of them. RVW tried their best to make the repair but couldn't. I knew I would have to deal with it when I got back to CT. I was assured that I would have no problem finding/working with one of their network providers. Theses issues came from the FR factory not RVW. AGAIN, my issues were NOT the things that were not working, it was the non existence of help/support when it was assured to me that it be no problem when I get home. This topic started with a question about the experience people had with RVW. This was my experience. Me, trying to justify/explain my complaint was not foreseen be for I replied. I should have just said. Good price. Bad service. And let the initial poster figure out why on his own.
Old 02-04-2017, 08:16 AM   #28

Quote:
Yes the dust cap was there. I'm sure RVW would never let me off the lot with a missing dust cap. As I said there were a few minor things, LED awning lights did not work, one of the electric stabilizing button did not work. Dust cap was not one of them. RVW tried their best to make the repair but couldn't. I knew I would have to deal with it when I got back to CT. I was assured that I would have no problem finding/working with one of their network providers. Theses issues came from the FR factory not RVW. AGAIN, my issues were NOT the things that were not working, it was the non existence of help/support when it was assured to me that it be no problem when I get home. This topic started with a question about the experience people had with RVW. This was my experience. Me, trying to justify/explain my complaint was not foreseen be for I replied. I should have just said. Good price. Bad service. And let the initial poster figure out why on his own.
Same exact reason I did not buy from Jeff Couch. The salesman told me I would have to find a mobile repair guy to come to my seasonal site for any warranty work. They did give me a guys number that was 140 miles away.
That is the thing with the wholesale buys, you are at the mercy of a dealer you did not buy from for repairs. I bought local (Avalon Rv) for $400 more than Couch and they will come to my site for repairs, money well spent.
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 08:59 AM   #29
Canadian Member

This debate about buying local vs. at a "wholesaler" like RVW comes up regularly on this forum. Lots of reading if you do a search.

Chenzo, please come back and post the results of working with Mr. Durnell. Most people seem to get satisfactory after sales service.
2011 Rockwood Signature 8293SS (2015 - 2018)
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 09:32 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
So long as you negotiate an "out the door" price, does it really matter what fees they throw in? My dealer added a $5.00 "internet fee" or some crap. I didn't care as I got the price I wanted (and literally brought a bank check for on closing day).
I like this. The last RV that I purchased, we negotiated this same way, except for tax and license. Even before we started talking numbers, they gave me a trade price on the old RV. We had a deal once we agreed on how much money I needed to bring to closing. The salesperson completed the contract by first filling out trade and final payment numbers. Although this dealer had no breakout for PDI, delivery, advertising, it wouldn't have bothered me if they did.

While trying to purchase a vehicle, I've run across dealers that enjoy the extra, surprise charges. I tend to grab my coat and walk away. When purchasing something, I like salespeople that remove obstacles that prevent me from purchasing and not those people that make things more complex.
Seasonal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 10:31 AM   #31

In an early post I did say I will email mr durnell. The issues I HAD were over a year ago and they have long been addressed. There is nothing that RVW can do now. There is nothing I want from RVW now. What I am saying is that RVW did nothing to help me with my issue at the time when I asked for it. I had to find/deal with a local FR dealer that would take me. I had to fight with FR warranty department because they didn't want the prices that the dealer was charging me. This is we're I should have been given help, this is where I was promised help, and this is where I did not get any help from RVW.
Old 02-04-2017, 10:54 AM   #32

Quote:
In an early post I did say I will email mr durnell. The issues I HAD were over a year ago and they have long been addressed. There is nothing that RVW can do now. There is nothing I want from RVW now. What I am saying is that RVW did nothing to help me with my issue at the time when I asked for it. I had to find/deal with a local FR dealer that would take me. I had to fight with FR warranty department because they didn't want the prices that the dealer was charging me. This is we're I should have been given help, this is where I was promised help, and this is where I did not get any help from RVW.
I hear you Chenzo and agree that service can be an issue. My last reply was meant to be humorous but I think I failed. There seems to be an unwritten rule in the RV service business that if you didn't buy the RV from their dealership then they put you last in line for service. This becomes a compounded problem when the manufacturer fights back on warranty service costs. Thanks for sharing your experiences.
punkaccountant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 11:05 AM   #33

Yes, finally , I'm getting someone to turn to the dark side.
Old 02-04-2017, 11:11 AM   #34

Maybe not agreeing with me, but at least understanding my frustration.
Old 02-04-2017, 03:26 PM   #35

Quote:
Maybe not agreeing with me, but at least understanding my frustration.
I understand your frustration and agree. I could have made an 1100 mile trip each way to save just over $2000. Bought a CW in Myrtle Beach instead and that was a great choice. Even though one of my daughters and her family are not far from Couch's.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 08:46 AM   #36

Quote:
And dustman-stx, did you really think I actually put a band-aid on for a repair? It's something you say for a temporary fix when you don't have the right parts.
This is funny. You had to stop at a Pep Boys to have a bearing cap installed and you're telling me what it means to put a "band-aid" fix on as a repair. I literally when I read that!!!!!! So, let me try this again. Exactly HOW do you not have the right part when the cap, readily available, is the ONLY thing you need for that repair? If they had to "band-aid" it, exactly what wrong part did they use for that to "temporarily" fix it?
dustman_stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 09:12 AM   #37

Purchase from Wholesale RV Club

I purchased a Crusader295RST 5th wheel from Wholesale RV Club (Similar set up to RVW) in that they operate a local service through Colrain RV in Cincinnati and an on-line sales through Wholesale RV Club. They not only had great pricing ($12,000 less than local dealer's best price) but stood behind their product. Yes we did have an issue with a service technician scratching my truck with his jacket zipper but Wholesale RV Club stepped up immediately and paid the $900 repair bill with no complaint and apologized. This is my second trailer from Wholesale RV Club and will buy from them next time. I drove 8 hrs to pick up trailer but it was well worth it.

Cautionary note: If you are not willing to take on minor repairs then pay big $$ and buy local. If you can handle minor repairs take a chance and save big $$. If anything major goes wrong you can work with Wholesale RV Club to get a local shop to repair under warranty or be prepared to go for a trip and make the drive to Cincinnati part of your next holiday.
2016 Crusader 295RST (5th wheel)

Camped 80 days in 2016, 42 in 2017, 42 so far in 2018
Ontario Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 09:16 AM   #38

Its hard to believe a Zipper can cause $900 of Damage.
Amateur Radio W5CI 2019 Days Camping 25
2020 Days Camping 7
W5CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 09:29 AM   #39

Wholesale RV Club that has locations in OH and IN, isn't the same as RV Wholesalers, Lakeview OH, BTW
WW

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 09:36 AM   #40

bearing cap fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustman_stx View Post
This is funny. You had to stop at a Pep Boys to have a bearing cap installed and you're telling me what it means to put a "band-aid" fix on as a repair. I literally when I read that!!!!!! So, let me try this again. Exactly HOW do you not have the right part when the cap, readily available, is the ONLY thing you need for that repair? If they had to "band-aid" it, exactly what wrong part did they use for that to "temporarily" fix it?
I can only imagine that the band-aid fix was a bearing cap w/o the grease fitting???
rebeltown is offline   Reply With Quote