Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-02-2017, 03:46 PM   #1

RVs Are Rolling

RVs are rolling north, one after the other, out of Florida. Thank you for visiting and spending your money here so we don't have to pay income tax. And thank you for leaving so we can finally camp before the heat hits too hard next month.

2010 Ford F-150 Crew Cab
2015 Salem Hemisphere 263RL
CampingGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 03:58 PM   #2

They're also rolling out of Elkhart County, IN! (80% of all RV's are built in Elkhart County.) Came through there on Friday and saw lots of them going east and west on I-80. So if you've ordered one recently - it's on it's way!

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 05:18 PM   #3

I couldn't believe all the campers that was built there. It's awesome to see that many campers
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 05:44 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
They're also rolling out of Elkhart County, IN! (80% of all RV's are built in Elkhart County.) Came through there on Friday and saw lots of them going east and west on I-80. So if you've ordered one recently - it's on it's way!
I hope so!!! I have one on order since Feb. 18th. My only question now is will it be a 2017 or 2018? It looks as if the 2018's are now in production as they are on the lots!
ProCharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 06:31 PM   #5
Insert witty title here

This RV owner will be headed down to FL in a couple of weeks but we are only staying a few days.

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 06:37 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProCharger View Post
I hope so!!! I have one on order since Feb. 18th. My only question now is will it be a 2017 or 2018? It looks as if the 2018's are now in production as they are on the lots!
ProCharger, I see that you are from Warrenton, so I'm guessing that you bought from Bill Thomas in Wentzville? What did you buy? And, yes, I'm guessing thagt when it comes in, the MSRP will show it as a 2018 rather than a 2017.

Congratulations on your purchase.
2021 Chevy Silverado 3500HD DRW 4X4 Duramax
“It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.”Jules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 06:53 PM   #7

Yep, they are clearing out of Arizona also.
Blackrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 06:58 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackrock View Post
Yep, they are clearing out of Arizona also.

Lol, I'll be out of Arizona the 3rd week of this month. Just waiting for enough snow to melt so I can get into my campground.

Brandi
mzbrandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 07:48 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Mike View Post
ProCharger, I see that you are from Warrenton, so I'm guessing that you bought from Bill Thomas in Wentzville? What did you buy? And, yes, I'm guessing thagt when it comes in, the MSRP will show it as a 2018 rather than a 2017.

Congratulations on your purchase.
Actually we bought from 47 West in Troy. It is about the same distance for me. I actually never spoke to Bill Thomas, they didn't carry what we were looking at. They had some Salems that were similar but we decided on a Grey Wolf 26DBH over the Salems for a few small reasons. Did a lot of internet pricing around the country, contacted 47 West and basically said all BS aside quote me as low/as close as you can to my lowest I found. Ended up being about $500 more with a few extras on top of the internet prices did not include. Was close enough for me to not have to drive and schedule time off.

The wait hasn't been bad but we were reluctant to make Memorial reservations at first and that was a mistake...we found a place with full hookup but it is a little outside of what we were looking to get. Might be our first camp and was hoping to have concrete, if not gravel. Oh well.

We always tent camped in Ray Behrens and Indian Creek at Mark Twain, those with full hookup were gone in about 2 days.

Should be a fun learning experience!

Edit: small world, my wife and her family is from Franklin County.
Old 04-02-2017, 07:54 PM   #10

Speaking of rolling RV's.....a tornado hit Bill Thomas a few weeks ago. That is a fifth wheel trailer that was on display that was rolled off the concrete pad to it's right....basically crushed. They were scooping it all up and dumping it in the dumpster with a skid loader by the time I was on my way home. Was quite a bit of damage throughout Wentzville including about a 12'x8' highway sign just snapped off right in front of Bill Thomas maybe 100 yards from that trailer. Was supposibly an ef-1.

Old 04-03-2017, 01:42 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProCharger View Post
Speaking of rolling RV's.....a tornado hit Bill Thomas a few weeks ago. That is a fifth wheel trailer that was on display that was rolled off the concrete pad to it's right....basically crushed. They were scooping it all up and dumping it in the dumpster with a skid loader by the time I was on my way home. Was quite a bit of damage throughout Wentzville including about a 12'x8' highway sign just snapped off right in front of Bill Thomas maybe 100 yards from that trailer. Was supposibly an ef-1.

W-O-W...what a mess! We were in Arizona for most of January and all of February, but we kept hearing about bad weather in the STL area.

Sounds like you got a great deal on your Grey Wolf. Congratulations, again!
2021 Chevy Silverado 3500HD DRW 4X4 Duramax
“It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.”Jules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote