Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2011, 01:43 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Same Post in two Forums

Can we all get an agreement to quit making the same post in two different places, or more? I see a post in General Tech and Repair, then the same post in a specific trailer section. It is very hard for anyone to give you and answer if you are seeking help. It should also be difficult for you to receive and answer because now you have to look TWO places or more, depending on where all you made the post. Please make one post, and one post only about a particular subject or problem. One day when you go back searching for your topic, you will really see why.

Admin, if I am out of line, please feel free to delete.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 02:50 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by windrider View Post
Can we all get an agreement to quit making the same post in two different places, or more? I see a post in General Tech and Repair, then the same post in a specific trailer section. It is very hard for anyone to give you and answer if you are seeking help. It should also be difficult for you to receive and answer because now you have to look TWO places or more, depending on where all you made the post. Please make one post, and one post only about a particular subject or problem. One day when you go back searching for your topic, you will really see why.

Admin, if I am out of line, please feel free to delete.
I see you have been a member for over 4 years and have over a thousand posts. I would say that classes you as quite experienced on this web blog. Myself, I am happy, ecstatic in fact, when I get my computer to start. So, how about easing up on newbies a little and offer a little help rather than criticism.

This is a fun forum full of information we can all glean. Lets keep it fun.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:02 PM   #3

Please answer in the form of a question.

Windrider-Exactly! One question, one catagory, makes life easier for not only the person asking the question but for all of us who might be following the thread.

Bill C-With all due respect, read what Windrider asks, and his reasoning for asking. I was taught, as a junior, "Listen to your elders."
Old 07-25-2011, 03:05 PM   #4
Site Team

When the same content is posted in 2 areas, often answers get fragmented. When we find double posts, we try to combine them. Is it cause to open up the public stocks? Probably not, but if you see a duplicate you can always hit the report post button and ask a mod to merge them.
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 03:23 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyd View Post
windrider-exactly! One question, one catagory, makes life easier for not only the person asking the question but for all of us who might be following the thread.

Bill c-with all due respect, read what windrider asks, and his reasoning for asking. I was taught, as a junior, "listen to your elders."

Number of nights camped in 2012 65
Number of nights camped in 2013 82
Number of nights camped in 2014 105!
Number of nights camped in 2015 81
Emptypockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 03:33 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
When the same content is posted in 2 areas, often answers get fragmented. When we find double posts, we try to combine them. Is it cause to open up the public stocks? Probably not, but if you see a duplicate you can always hit the report post button and ask a mod to merge them.
Thanks. Looks like the best and easiest way to handle this.

Bill_C, everyone, including windrider, are just trying to let people know the best way to get answers to their problem. I don't believe his intentions were to criticize anyone.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 05:19 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Windrider here. I was not criticizing anyone in particular, just asking that, in order to keep the forums streamlined, and to get the most help or comments from a topic, that it be posted only once. I don't always look at how many post someone has made, or how long they have been here, I'm more concerned about offering what I have, whether that be experience or opinion or both. It is up to each individual as to what to do with it. Sorry if I offended anyone, please accept my apology.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote