Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2012, 03:00 PM   #1

Sandy, You B$#%&#!

I hope everyone in the path of Hurricane Sandy made it through unscathed. I did not, or I should say that my travel trailer did not survive unscathed. But it could have so much worse.
A heavy branch on my neighbor's pear tree split from the trunk and made a landing on the roof of the TT. I am happy to report that the damage is minor. With the help of my neighbor and my trusty chain saw, I was able to get the branch off the roof without causing additional damage. Upon inspection, I found two tears in the rubber, the biggest one about the size of the business end of a spoon. I was able to dry the area around the tears sufficiently to apply some silicone caulking as a temporary stopgap measure until I can get a supply of eternabond shipped to my door.
We are really counting our blessings today in light of the terrible losses many have suffered as a result of this storm. I can't remember when I've been so happy to clean up a mess like this one, realizing how fortunate I am to have not incurred greater damage. I feel as though I dodged a big bullet. Now, if I can just convince my neighbor to that pear tree down before the next storm hits.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hurricane Sandy (2).jpg
Views:	104
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	21232   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hurricane Sandy.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	21233  
Gkconfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:04 PM   #2

Sorry about your Mini, but glad it was not worse.
Lynkage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:16 PM   #3

Hope you have power at least. PPL says not sure, but could be a week for us. I really need to install 12v lights in my house and some 6v batteries... or move into the trailer!
I get full hookups at campgrounds and boondock in my house. I may have something backwards here.
Old 10-30-2012, 03:34 PM   #4
phat phrog stunt crew

be happy it was your trailer and not your house. i imagine getting a check for the trailer repair will be a lot faster to get than getting a check and a contractor to repair your house.
dwaynerz is offline   Reply With Quote