Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2021, 03:05 PM   #1

Sanitary Flush concern

Hello all,

Used 2021 2250 Sunseeker LE, new to us. Completed our first trip today

After dumping the black tank, I hooked up the sanitary hose to the inlet on the passenger side above the black flush valve. I double checked the black value was still open before I turned on the water. After just a few seconds, fresh water started coming out from under the side of the coach right by the black water tank. It was not coming out from the hose/inlet

I shut off the water and the dripping stopped shortly after. Thought maybe I had the hose turned on too much, tried it again however much lower volume, same thing, water started dripping again. And when I say dripping, almost a full stream of run off, it was quite a bit

I didn't see any water inside anywhere or in the storage to the left of the inlet.

What am I missing or does this mean a trip to the RV Dr.?

Thanks, Rick
Toy4Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 03:44 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy4Rick View Post
Hello all,

Used 2021 2250 Sunseeker LE, new to us. Completed our first trip today

After dumping the black tank, I hooked up the sanitary hose to the inlet on the passenger side above the black flush valve. I double checked the black value was still open before I turned on the water. After just a few seconds, fresh water started coming out from under the side of the coach right by the black water tank. It was not coming out from the hose/inlet

I shut off the water and the dripping stopped shortly after. Thought maybe I had the hose turned on too much, tried it again however much lower volume, same thing, water started dripping again. And when I say dripping, almost a full stream of run off, it was quite a bit

I didn't see any water inside anywhere or in the storage to the left of the inlet.

What am I missing or does this mean a trip to the RV Dr.?

Thanks, Rick

What are you calling “the sanitary hose”?

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 03:48 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
What are you calling “the sanitary hose”?
I'm guessing potable hose, not to be confused with one used for a black tank wash-out.

Camping nights: 2021, 52; 2022, 99; 2023, 88; 2024, TBD (Est: 80+)

chriscowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 03:54 PM   #4
Pickin', Campin', Mason

I'm going to guess you are calling the sanitary hose your city water hose. (you must be using two different hoses, one for the black tank flush and another for the city water connection)

In any case, I'd bet you connected to the city water connection but your unit has a valve that allows you to fill the fresh water tank from the city water connection. I'm going to also guess your fresh water tank drain was/is open and so when you turned on the hydrant/spigot, water entered the fresh tank and immediately ran out the fresh tank drain.

Your fresh tank/city water diverter valve may look something like this...Click image for larger version

Name:	FRESH_WATER_FILL_DIVERTER_VALVE__76293.1467123782.500.500.jpeg
Views:	103
Size:	11.0 KB
ID:	252356

One more thought on edit... if you have a Showermizer valve in the shower and it was/is activated, the same thing could happen.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 04:00 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
I'm going to guess you are calling the sanitary hose your city water hose. (you must be using two different hoses, one for the black tank flush and another for the city water connection)

In any case, I'd bet you connected to the city water connection but your unit has a valve that allows you to fill the fresh water tank from the city water connection. I'm going to also guess your fresh water tank drain was/is open and so when you turned on the hydrant/spigot, water entered the fresh tank and immediately ran out the fresh tank drain.

Your fresh tank/city water diverter valve may look something like this...Attachment 252356

One more thought on edit... if you have a Showermizer valve in the shower and it was/is activated, the same thing could happen.
Or the tank is full and ran out of overflow line?

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 04:10 PM   #6

Thanks for the quick replies

On our RV, 2021 2250 SLE, the city water (fresh is on the drivers side and is labeled as such. I use a specific hose for that purpose.

On the passenger side, there is a sanitary flush inlet connector that goes straight into the black tank, I used a different and dedicated hose (sanitary hose) to connect city water to it.

I opened the black tank and it was fully drained, then I turned on the city water to the sanitary flush inlet, that is when fresh water started running out. Yes the black waste valve was still open and the black tank was empty.

There is a sticker on the side of the RV below the sanitary flush inlet that says the "fullway termination" valve must be open to use the tank flush... where is that fullway termination valve on this unit?

The plumbing sheet I received from FR shows it but it's not on this unit that I can find, and the user manual doesn't say anything about it either

Rick
Old 04-18-2021, 04:16 PM   #7

The fullway termination valve is the black/gray waste valve. No idea why they label it that way.

It sounds like you have a loose pipe connection. You can either investigate it further or just not use the black tank flush. The alternative is to fill the black water tank using the toilet and then empty it to flush out the tank.
Old 04-18-2021, 04:16 PM   #8
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Thanks for the quick replies

On our RV, 2021 2250 SLE, the city water (fresh is on the drivers side and is labeled as such. I use a specific hose for that purpose.

On the passenger side, there is a sanitary flush inlet connector that goes straight into the black tank, I used a different and dedicated hose (sanitary hose) to connect city water to it.

I opened the black tank and it was fully drained, then I turned on the city water to the sanitary flush inlet, that is when fresh water started running out. Yes the black waste valve was still open and the black tank was empty.

There is a sticker on the side of the RV below the sanitary flush inlet that says the "fullway termination" valve must be open to use the tank flush... where is that fullway termination valve on this unit?

The plumbing sheet I received from FR shows it but it's not on this unit that I can find, and the user manual doesn't say anything about it either

Rick
I'm still confused as to which connection made the water run out but the Fullway Termination Valve is the black tank dump valve. (blade valve)

The black tank flush is not connected to any other plumbing that would be connected to a hose exiting the underside of the R/V.

And... it is entirely possible on a 2021 unit something is connected within the plumbing, improperly.

Old 04-18-2021, 04:28 PM   #9

Agree with the comments above, the fullway termination valve is apparently the dump valve we all know and luv to dump black and grey tanks.

This RV has a black tank flush inlet right above the black tank on the side of the RV where a hose is attached and is used to further flush the tank during/after dumping...

I'm confused to as to why any water would exit the side of the RV when using the black tank flush which is designed to enter and flush the black tank.

While I'm guessing a bad fitting as well... I also texted the previous owner and he had the same issue, when he called the dealer, they said it's normal if you run it too long as it runs through all the equipment thus overflowing. Runs through what equipment... it's supposed to go into the blank tank only and if the black tank valve is open, there is nothing to backup or overflow.

Guess I'll be calling again tomorrow

In the meantime, I'll take other thoughts as well
Old 04-18-2021, 04:30 PM   #10

Quote:
I'm still confused as to which connection made the water run out but the Fullway Termination Valve is the black tank dump valve. (blade valve)

The black tank flush is not connected to any other plumbing that would be connected to a hose exiting the underside of the R/V.

And... it is entirely possible on a 2021 unit something is connected within the plumbing, improperly.
water did not come out of the dump valve, it appeared to be coming from above the black tank and onto the ground.

I'm guess something isn't installed correctly either, I'll contact the dealer tomorrow and see what they say
Old 04-18-2021, 04:48 PM   #11

Quote:

Your fresh tank/city water diverter valve may look something like this...Attachment 252356

Forester/Sunseeker models do not have the diverter valve shown. On the 2250 the fresh water gravity fill and city water hookup are on the driver side. The black tank flush hookup is on the pax side. Since that hookup is really close to the potty I suspect the infamous B&B vacuum breaker is the source of the leak.

It appears the valve should be in the sink cabinet. Or, it’s rare but not unheard of for a new unit to have a blockage at the actual flush valve outlet. It has six or seven tiny outlet holes and the tiniest bit of trash can disable it.
Old 04-18-2021, 04:59 PM   #12

Thanks for the great reply

I don't see any valve in the sink cabinet but the location appears to be very close.

Also checked the roof, nothing came out the roof vent so that wasn't the issue and as I noted the dump valve was open, twice confirmed

RV Dr. here I come

Thanks again all
Rick
Old 04-18-2021, 06:26 PM   #13

I'm going to toss in a guess and say it's likely the hose from vacuum breaker valve to flush nozzle fitting on the tank has come loose or is leaking heavily.

If the vacuum breaker is leaking you should see water on the floor or in nearby compartments. If leaking at the tank (nozzle inlet) leakage will just show up as dripping from the any underbelly cover or just down the side of the tank..

Not unusual for clamps on hose/pex fittings to be overlooked.

Potable water systems are pressure tested but I don't think they check the flush system plumbing because of it's design.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 08:09 PM   #14
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
Forester/Sunseeker models do not have the diverter valve shown. On the 2250 the fresh water gravity fill and city water hookup are on the driver side. The black tank flush hookup is on the pax side. Since that hookup is really close to the potty I suspect the infamous B&B vacuum breaker is the source of the leak.

It appears the valve should be in the sink cabinet. Or, it’s rare but not unheard of for a new unit to have a blockage at the actual flush valve outlet. It has six or seven tiny outlet holes and the tiniest bit of trash can disable it.
Thanks for that information. I learned something about the Sunseeker line that I incorrectly filed away in my pea sized brain.

I'll agree with others now that the infamous anti-siphon/check valve or a line to/from it, is leaking... but... I'm surprised there was no water inside anywhere unless like Mike says, it's separated at/near the tank.

Old 04-18-2021, 09:02 PM   #15

It might be he anisiphon valve iself. We had he same exact experience when our antisiphon valve went bad. Clean water just poured out from under the camper. The valve was behind an access panel behind a wall, so when I happened to me, there was no water on the floor...just water raining ou of the Coloplast when attempting to flush the black tank.
Skip12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 06:56 AM   #16

I agree you have a problem with the black tank valve, I had the exact same problem, the water use to pour out next to my wheel well, never leaked inside at all. Changed the valve and the leak stopped. It’s either in a bathroom wall or under your sink. I never thought it was the valve, no water marks anywhere. I would think it’s in your wall, under the sink you would see water on the floor, there should be a access panel at the location.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 09:43 AM   #17

I checked the bathroom/shower floor/walls multiple times and nothings.

So far, I haven't seen any access panels either, I'll keep checking as I contact the dealer today
Old 04-19-2021, 10:07 AM   #18
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
I checked the bathroom/shower floor/walls multiple times and nothings.

So far, I haven't seen any access panels either, I'll keep checking as I contact the dealer today
I'm sorry I don't know the exact location of the anti-siphon/check valve on your unit. As mentioned, they are typically under the bathroom vanity but there have been reports of them being behind the shower wall and removal of the shower faucet is required to access it.

It is possible it is located there and the water is running down along the inside, of the outside wall, running past the floor joint and that's why you do not see water inside anywhere. This is simply a guess.

The valve will look something like this...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	black tank flush anti-siphon-check valve.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	136.0 KB
ID:	252401   Click image for larger version

Name:	blac-tank-flush-valve-flow.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	252402  

Old 04-19-2021, 08:10 PM   #19

Thanks again for the very helpful and informative replies.

I believe the anti-siphon value noted above is under the bathroom sink I wasn't aware of it's function.

Called the dealer this morning, described the issue to someone in service and he said, sounds like the black water flush isn't properly connected to the black tank..... said it should be fixed under warranty

Waiting for a call from the service scheduler sometime tomorrow

Here's to hoping for an easy fix, I'll report back once it's done

Thanks again
Old 07-17-2021, 09:26 AM   #20

Quick update...

Dealer said the valve and line above the tank was broken during install. They had to drop the black tank and open up the panel under the sink to replace the valve and some flex line.

Just got the RV home but haven't had a chance to check for leaks yet

They also fixed our side door from sticking... never worked better

Tags
flush