Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2020, 03:25 PM   #21

Just went through this yesterday with the tech dept. pathway will but not playmaker per my conversation yesterday. I think you are using the western arc , I use the eastern

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 03:30 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
Just went through this yesterday with the tech dept. pathway will but not playmaker per my conversation yesterday. I think you are using the western arc , I use the eastern
Pathway X2 can pick up both arcs (western and eastern), playmaker only picks up western arc, so in that you are correct. But for the western arc, they both pick up the same satellites. That is what I was clarifying.
I have never needed eastern arc satellites, even when in the east.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 03:35 PM   #23

Quote:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2314.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	147.1 KB
ID:	236876
Read this , don’t know how to add a link, best I can do. That’s why a pathway cost more.

Old 08-18-2020, 03:40 PM   #24

Quote:
Attachment 236876
Read this , don’t know how to add a link, best I can do. That’s why a pathway cost more.
Gotcha. Thanks.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 03:43 PM   #25

Quote:
Attachment 236876

61.5 is in the eastern sky , you can get the ones above , most times I can’t get all 3 but get 61.5 all the time. At home with a clear view I get all 3 even through 72.7 is shown I can’t get it. Last time camping I could only get a clear shot at 72.7 guess what no service that’s why I called Dish and found out playmaker can’t get it but Pathway can, all you really need I s one , but it will cut down on you HD

Old 08-18-2020, 03:49 PM   #26

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2315.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	166.9 KB
ID:	236878
Here you go it tells you that pathway picks up 72.7, much better Satilight receiver. But a lot more money I guess it depends on what you want.

Old 08-18-2020, 04:16 PM   #27

I have a Playmaker and a Wally, pick up eastern and western sats.
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 05:21 PM   #28

Send a message via ICQ to Cover Dog
Quote:
Sorry but playmaker can not pick up 72.7 call dish.
72.7 is an Eastern sat. In post #17 NMWildcat said it can pick up all the Western sats. Never mentioned Eastern sats.

NRA Endowment Life Member, FMCA #455593, WIT #170814 & Mid-Ohio Winnies
Cover Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 05:40 PM   #29

My Pathfinder 2 and Wally will pick up three satellites regardless of which arc I tell it to use. Eastern are 61, 72 and 77. Western are 110, 119, and 129. I have used each a couple of times, when I am in the east the Eastern satellites are usually higher so it is easier to get over trees or other obstacles to use them although i did use the western ones while in a park near Rochester NY because of trees blocking the eastern ones. Having the option to use either works well for us.
2022 F150 Powerboost Hybrid.
DougW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 05:52 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cover Dog View Post
72.7 is an Eastern sat. In post #17 NMWildcat said it can pick up all the Western sats. Never mentioned Eastern sats.

No argument here all I was saying that there is a difference between playmaker and Pathway receivers , really don’t understand your point , yes I can get both eastern and western with my playmaker, but pathway is a better antenna period, for both East and west. This thread started about the east coast not the west coast. I’m just giving information out in print, what the OP question was on the east coast that he is using it. Had nothing to do with the west coast that I read. Could be wrong but it’s in print.

Old 08-18-2020, 06:54 PM   #31

UPDATE: so I made it to my next destination and gave it another shot, however this time I played with settings and instead of using (110,119,129) I used (hybrid 61.5,110,119) and I was able to lock onto 61.5 and it gave me all of the channels in HD. The only hold up now is that when I use this setting, and I switch to my local channels (which in the guide say HD now) I experience a “complete signal loss” but when I switch back to any other channel of some sort the signal comes back and all is normal.
HappilyLost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 07:23 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappilyLost View Post
UPDATE: so I made it to my next destination and gave it another shot, however this time I played with settings and instead of using (110,119,129) I used (hybrid 61.5,110,119) and I was able to lock onto 61.5 and it gave me all of the channels in HD. The only hold up now is that when I use this setting, and I switch to my local channels (which in the guide say HD now) I experience a “complete signal loss” but when I switch back to any other channel of some sort the signal comes back and all is normal.

Okay you called dish and gave them your zip code where you are at and told them to add locals, I think it’s an extra 12.00 per month unless you have dish at home. It takes about an hour before you get them. Hope that helps, all I ever get has been 61.5 but that’s all you really need on the east cost.

Old 08-18-2020, 09:12 PM   #33

Quote:
Okay you called dish and gave them your zip code where you are at and told them to add locals, I think it’s an extra 12.00 per month unless you have dish at home. It takes about an hour before you get them. Hope that helps, all I ever get has been 61.5 but that’s all you really need on the east cost.

I call Wisconsin home but am traveling thru the furtherest north most portions of the Michigan UP. Could that be why my “local” channels aren’t working? I just assumed it would broadcast whatever channels were from my house. No matter where I was
HappilyLost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 10:50 PM   #34

Quote:
I call Wisconsin home but am traveling thru the furtherest north most portions of the Michigan UP. Could that be why my “local” channels aren’t working? I just assumed it would broadcast whatever channels were from my house. No matter where I was
They use what is called a “spot beam” for the locals. If you are more than about 200 miles from the city those stations come from it won’t work.
2022 F150 Powerboost Hybrid.
DougW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 04:48 AM   #35

Quote:

Yes that is why your local channels are not working as stated above. You need to call dish and give them your zip code, but you can request your locals at home or where ever you are camping, but you will not get both. Do you get OTA TV at all? Dish has a scanner you can buy that will add any locals where your at to your program screen. You plug it into your Wally and into your coax cable plate for the TV.

Old 08-19-2020, 04:53 AM   #36

Do you have Dish at home? If you do you should get the same programing for 7.00 per month for your RV. Call dish and get ahold of the tech dept. for dish outdoors. They can walk you through everything and ask about the OTA little add on.

Old 08-19-2020, 05:04 AM   #37

Let me add this, if you have dish at home, and you request locals at a different zip code you will also get them on your home TV. I’m almost positive on that. That’s why I bought the OTA plug in. It will scan for local channels but I think you have to be connected to the internet to do it. I forgot now. Seems I always call dish, they are very good in helping you. Much better then DTV.

Old 08-19-2020, 05:26 AM   #38

Here is what I’m talking about the OTA tuner you can get it at Amazon for 49.00 bucks.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2318.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	180.8 KB
ID:	236916

Old 08-19-2020, 06:01 AM   #39

Quote:
Let me add this, if you have dish at home, and you request locals at a different zip code you will also get them on your home TV. I’m almost positive on that. That’s why I bought the OTA plug in. It will scan for local channels but I think you have to be connected to the internet to do it. I forgot now. Seems I always call dish, they are very good in helping you. Much better then DTV.
This is correct, you need to change the zipcode back to your home zip when you return home. You can make the zipcode change using their app rather than calling if you wish. Note that you change the service zipcode, NOT the zipcode in your mailing address. It is located in a different place on the app. You still need to allow an hour or so for the change to take effect. This is easier than waiting on hold for an agent. When traveling I try to plan ahead and make the change to that nights destination.
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 06:15 AM   #40

I don’t understand why Forest River won’t be consistent with the way they wire for satellite. It seems that so many people have problems with the wiring. My Windjammer was wired exactly how it should be, which made it so easy for me. They ran one cable from the outside to the entertainment center area, then another cable from there to the bedroom TV area, then another from there to the outside TV area. They labeled each connection with a sticker for where it came from and where it went to.

Maybe it’s just a Rockwood thing.

Bruce

Tags
lite, satellite