Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2009, 04:22 PM   #1

satellite tv in back bedroom?

I just purchased an '09 forester class C. It's got the kingdome sat system with a coax connection for the front tv, but the rear tv seems to be just connected to the outside attenna, not the sat system. Does anyone have any idea how to get sat signal to the rear tv (without running a new line) Maybe I'm missing something???

Thanks for any responses,

Chris
phxturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:08 PM   #2
CampeRooo

Did they only give you one satellite box? Typically, a satellite system needs a single box per TV, hence only the one connection in the front. You could pull another line and move the box back and forth...buy another satellite tuner box and add it to the setup and of course call the satellite provider and let them know so they can add it to your bill, or go with a slingbox/slingcatcher setup. The last probably being the most expensive.

2000 Rockwood Roo M-18 Hybrid
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Auto 5.9 Diesel
Gone but not forgotten -1986 Rockwood 1003 PUP
rthrbelsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 11:18 AM   #3

Typically what I have seen is that there will be a feed to the rear TV from the front cabinet where your video equipment is housed. You would need to split the output of the Sat Rec to both TV's using a standard splitter, or in our case they used RCA component cables to run the video so ours uses a switch box. This is the way our Georgetown is set up and the way our old Fleetwood Flair was set up as well. In both rigs they came with a video switch box which would allow up to 3 video inputs and 3 video outputs so that you could connect your Sat/DVD and Wii for example to the inputs on the box and then by switching the corresponding buttons for each TV select what you want sent. Therefore you could be playing video games on the front TV and the wife could be watching Desperate Housewives on the back TV from the Satellite Rec.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 09:53 PM   #4

I have a similar setup as NWJeeper. I put a $50 infrared wireless repeater so that I can change the SAT channel from the rear, but only have one DirecTV receiver.

You can feed both a SAT signal and an antenna signal through a single cable with a pair of diplexers (one at each end). They sell them at Radio Shack.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diplexer
TulsaSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 06:14 AM   #5
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TulsaSteve View Post
I have a similar setup as NWJeeper. I put a $50 infrared wireless repeater so that I can change the SAT channel from the rear, but only have one DirecTV receiver.

You can feed both a SAT signal and an antenna signal through a single cable with a pair of diplexers (one at each end). They sell them at Radio Shack.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diplexer
I have a DirecTV TIVO unit in my motorhome. 2 Satelite feeds in and 1 out to the TV. So would I install the diplexer or standard splitter on the single feed out of the satelite receiver and connect to the front TV directly and then another diplexer to connect the outside antenna and the other satelite feed for the rear TV? What type of repeater are you using? Do you still use the regular DirecTV Remote? To watch TV in the rear with the DirecTV are you just using channel 3 or 4 or are you splitting it again to obtain seperate inputs? Since we have the same set up I'd really like to pursue this type of set-up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 04:25 PM   #6
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Just got home and checked my bedroom TV. It only has [1] Coaxial connection on the back of it. Will it work with just a single diplexer in the front and tuning the TV to channel 3, which is the channel the DVR is set at??

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 04-20-2009, 12:09 PM   #7

We use a wireless unit I order online. I can get you info when I get home. I think I paid $50.00 for the set. Seem to work. We use them in the back of camper and outside.
drycreek kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 02:00 PM   #8
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drycreek kid View Post
We use a wireless unit I order online. I can get you info when I get home. I think I paid $50.00 for the set. Seem to work. We use them in the back of camper and outside.
Thanks I really appreciate it. The wired systems I've looked at have limitations for the wires between receiver and transmitter.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 04-20-2009, 10:10 PM   #9

Here's the link. It looks like the one we purchased is not available,but they have one similar. Our's is a X10 A/V sender with IR repeater.

www.smarthome.com
drycreek kid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed