Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2017, 11:48 AM   #1

Scrubbing Bubbles for black streak removal Part Deux -

Add me to the Scrubbing Bubbles brigade.

I have to admit that I've been a bad RV owner....I've neglected my RV lately. The last time I washed and waxed it was last fall before heading to Florida for the winter. We got back up north at the end of March and immediately got involved in building a new house which has taken up the majority of our time for the past six months. Poor Fred was left desolate and parked in the driveway all summer. I did give him a little TLC a couple months ago when I put Eternabond on the seam between the top of the cap and the roof, but he went the summer without a bath.

I had a lot of black streaks on the cap and sides from the dirt on the roof. Some of the black streaks were from where I scrubbed parts of the roof with mineral spirits then acetone before putting down the Eternabond tape.

I washed the whole rig first, starting with the roof and it didn't do too much to remove the black streaks. After reading several posts here on the forum I grabbed a spray bottle of Scrubbing Bubbles at the store and gave it a shot. It works great - although I will admit on a couple spots I was doing more scrubbing than the bubbles, but I found that using a sponge on the tough spots works pretty good. When I got all done there were a couple of shadow streaks left on the cap that bothered my OCD, but when I used my Macguier's one step RV/Marine cleaner wax those came right off. Finished up waxing the rest of the rig with Turtle Wax liquid Ice and Fred is shinier than when we bought him.

Score one for Scrubbing Bubbles.

2015 Forester 2301 - Chevy
Skip & Deb
Forester Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 01:20 PM   #2

Is Scrubbing Bubbles okay to use between waxing? I'm wondering if it is gentle enough to avoid stripping off existing wax.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 02:12 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjones12 View Post
Is Scrubbing Bubbles okay to use between waxing? I'm wondering if it is gentle enough to avoid stripping off existing wax.
That I don't know. It's OK for use on fiberglass tubs and showers so it won't hurt the body but I don't know what it will do to wax. Maybe someone else who has used it can chime in.

If/when I get more black streaks I'll use it again and see what it does, if anything, to the wax.

2015 Forester 2301 - Chevy
Skip & Deb
Forester Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 02:34 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forester Fred View Post
That I don't know. It's OK for use on fiberglass tubs and showers so it won't hurt the body but I don't know what it will do to wax. Maybe someone else who has used it can chime in.

If/when I get more black streaks I'll use it again and see what it does, if anything, to the wax.
Thank you.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 12:26 PM   #5

Scrubbing Bubbles

Once you get those black streaks off, try a poly polish called "Bullet Polish". Look it up on Google. Its a simple wipe on wipe off like water product and makes the RV surface so slick that all you need next time is water and a brush. I learned of it from a friend and Phaeton owner who used it for a long time. A great, and easy product.
JimMorrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 10:23 PM   #6

For black streaks we have always use the Magic Eraser.
Works great with little effort.

Brandon 2
2014 2500Ts
Sun Seeker
brandon 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 05:00 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjones12 View Post
I use Turtle Wax Car Wash concentrate to wash my cars and camper, specifically because it does not remove any wax.
Old 09-05-2017, 05:19 AM   #8

Does any one know besides going to a truck wash for an acid bath how to clean aluminum sides on our trailer.
Thanks for any help!
English Rugby Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 08:28 AM   #9

Maybe I missed something,,, do you have a rubber roof ???
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black