Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2023, 05:03 PM   #1

Seat covers

I have a Sunseeker 3100S. The previous owner had a pilot’s chair put in next to the entry door when he bought it from Forest River. Everyone who goes up the steps reaches for the chair (instead of the conveniently located bar) and the arms are getting torn up. I also notice the seat is starting to crack and flake off. This is the original cover that matches everything else and is sewn on. I’ve tried to find replacement covers but nothing I look at has the exact same measurements and is not designed to cover the arms and such a thick bottom cushion. Does anyone know where I could get a replacement cover that would work?

2017 Sunseeker 3100SS, 32’ length
Mina Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 05:14 PM   #2

Local Upholstery Shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mina Y View Post
I have a Sunseeker 3100S. The previous owner had a pilot’s chair put in next to the entry door when he bought it from Forest River. Everyone who goes up the steps reaches for the chair (instead of the conveniently located bar) and the arms are getting torn up. I also notice the seat is starting to crack and flake off. This is the original cover that matches everything else and is sewn on. I’ve tried to find replacement covers but nothing I look at has the exact same measurements and is not designed to cover the arms and such a thick bottom cushion. Does anyone know where I could get a replacement cover that would work?
Go to a local upholstery shop that does car and boat work. They can take off your current cover, separate the panels, and make a duplicate cover. You may have to help them find the matching material.

There was a period when all the motorhomes had defective material. After about five years, the surface flaked off, due to absorbed moisture. If your motorhome is of that vintage (guessing 2015-2020) you may not be able to get that material any more. If you send your VIN to Forest River, they may be able to tell you exactly what material was used.
"Always bypass the water heater before opening the low-point drains."
Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 07:25 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry-NC View Post
Go to a local upholstery shop that does car and boat work. They can take off your current cover, separate the panels, and make a duplicate cover. You may have to help them find the matching material.

There was a period when all the motorhomes had defective material. After about five years, the surface flaked off, due to absorbed moisture. If your motorhome is of that vintage (guessing 2015-2020) you may not be able to get that material any more. If you send your VIN to Forest River, they may be able to tell you exactly what material was used.
You hit the nail on the head- it’s a 2017. Thanks for the help!
Mina Y is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover