Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-26-2016, 11:14 AM   #1

Service from Forest River/Coachmen dealer

Sorry for the double post I posted this in the Coachmen form and meant to do it here.

I am looking at purchasing a Coachmen Apex Ultra Light from a dealer that is 5.5 hours north of me via a goat trail in central Idaho. The only reason I am going up there is they are the only dealer in the state for that unit. What I am trying to determine is how hard it is to get warranty work done from either a Coachmen/Forest River dealer other than the original dealer. Has anyone had this issue? I spoke with one local dealers service department and they did not seem very interested in helping. There comment was that it can be done but they have to jump through a bunch of hoops....so why don't buy some thing local. (Where I park/store my RV I can only have a 7.5 foot unit.) I am a realist and after purchasing a number of travel trailers and vehicles over the years, I know that I will have some issue. Thanks in advance for your help.

Bob k
Love to communicate via the airwaves
WT7E (Ham Radio)
BobandAnitaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 11:28 AM   #2

I went to Spokane to get my rig. I also had heard that about the local Boise dealers and even asked the FR Factory Rep about that at the RV show in Boise and Spokane. He said any dealer is supposed to work on your unit if its not a FR dealer the you need to get authorization ahead of time. So when I get the rig home and use the microwave poof! and the light in the bedroom goes out. I call the only Flagstaff dealer in the Boise area and I'm told that they really don't like working on units that they did not sell, with that said when I said "really" I have the microwave and light out of the rig and will deliver they were happy to warranty it. To my surprise it only took about a week and a half and they called that my new light and microwave had come in and were very nice when I picked it up. RVs should be no different then a auto if they represent the MFG they should do the work. Good luck from Weiser N6RGM.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coachmen, dealer, forest river, service