Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2011, 08:06 PM   #1

Settled In

For those who know me from the forum, we are now in our new home and have moved out of our camper. We had our house built in Westminster Md 30 years ago and sold it in March we had to live in our 2006 Rockwood 8314 for four months until the new one was built. During that time we suffered damages to our camper during Hurricane Irene, an 8 to 10 inch limb fell approx 15 feet and came crashing down on the top of our camper over the bedroom area causing over $11,000 dollars damage to the camper, we are waiting to hear what the Insurance company is going to do...Mean while we are enjoying our new home located in Hanover PA. I have been on vacation for two weeks getting things together, i can't wait to go back to work for some R&R.....

We have the internet now and we fell like we are back in touch with the world, I have miss the forum and have a lot of catching up to do. Things are a lot different here in PA with auto tags, inspections and trash removal, but we will adjust.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:25 PM   #2
Lottery Non-Winner

Congratulations on being in your home.
Your insurance company hasn't settled the Irene damage yet? Yikes!

2011 Georgetown 337
2009 HD FLHTCU
2007 HD FXSTC
Ovair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:46 AM   #3

Congratulations on the new home, sorry to hear about the misfortune that Irene delivered. Have lived in alot of other states due to hubby's job, but have always loved returning home to Pa..
blue eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 06:02 AM   #4

Alright Wade. Good to hear you finally have been able to move into you new home and everything is going well. I'm sure you and your wife are excited and somewhat relieved now.

Wow! $11,000 dollars of damage by one limb! Doesn't take much, does it? Keep us posted on how things go.

Hopefully you can get a few weekend trips out to your cabin before you have to close it up for the winter. I believe you need (deserve?) a few cool ones while sitting by a campfire. At least that's my recommendation for some R&R.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:10 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome back, Wade !!

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:22 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovair View Post
Congratulations on being in your home.
Your insurance company hasn't settled the Irene damage yet? Yikes!
Ovair, the insurance company was notified the next day it had happen and a report and pic were taken, but we could not get it in to the shop for two weeks because we were living in it and had no where else to go and they were made a where of this when they came out. i taped every thing up to keep further damage from occuring, however after the limb fell....this happed approx 11:30 pm the driving rain would not stop until morning and that is when i was able to tape up the damage but it may have been too late.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:24 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue eyes View Post
Congratulations on the new home, sorry to hear about the misfortune that Irene delivered. Have lived in alot of other states due to hubby's job, but have always loved returning home to Pa..
I know how you fell.... it's nothing like having a real roof over ones head
Old 09-22-2011, 10:39 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by grhodes50 View Post
Alright Wade. Good to hear you finally have been able to move into you new home and everything is going well. I'm sure you and your wife are excited and somewhat relieved now.

Wow! $11,000 dollars of damage by one limb! Doesn't take much, does it? Keep us posted on how things go.

Hopefully you can get a few weekend trips out to your cabin before you have to close it up for the winter. I believe you need (deserve?) a few cool ones while sitting by a campfire. At least that's my recommendation for some R&R.
Gary, have been off for two weeks now and we are heading up to Hershey this weekend to see if the cabin is still there before starting back to work on Monday. Our camping will be over as of November 1st at the cabin and it will be time to winterize......Man i dislike that word as far as a few cool one i have had a few while on vacation so i am primed til the end of the camping season.

As far as the cost of the damages, the parts that need replacing is $7,000 dollars the rest is labor and the shipping of the parts, this blows my mine.

Iam still waiting to hear from the insurance company, i have a second call into them as of yesterday.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:42 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnguy View Post
Welcome back, Wade !!
Chap, thanks.
Old 09-23-2011, 01:43 AM   #10

welcome back and congrats on your new home how exciting