Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-06-2009, 02:16 PM   #1

sewer vent cap replacement

Hi All,

Has anyone ever used the campco "fit all" vent cap? My stock vent cap broke due to a branch falling on the roof. It seems the easiest fix is to use the "fit all" cap... just push it into place. Should I use this as a replacement, or find one like the orig with 3 legs?

--Ryan
Old 11-06-2009, 03:21 PM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

It should be fine. You can find both on ebay. We swapped out our two vent caps for the Cyclone style cap. It rotates from the wind and really removes the smells that can escape into the RV from the wind blowing down into the pipe during travel or just the breeze while parked.
http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/r...0-vent-cap.htm

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:44 PM   #3

We too replaced ours with one of the rotating, venturi-style caps. It really does a good job of pulling away odors and doesn't take much breeze at all to work.

2008 Chevy CCab 5.3L 4WD Z71
2008 FR Surveyor 291
Champion Genset
Slpybear, Mrs Slpybear, Three Cubs
slpybeartx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 10:53 AM   #4

I was thinking of replacing my vent caps with the "Cyclone" style cap and was wondering how difficult it was to install. I've read some posts that involve cutting into the roof and the actual pipe and I realy don't feel like cutting into anything. Is is a matter of pull the old vent cap off and push the new one on? I have a 2010 Rockwood Ultra lite and figured this would be a nice enhancement to the trailer that is functional.
Eastlake, OH
EastlakeRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 11:22 AM   #5
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastlakeRoo View Post
I was thinking of replacing my vent caps with the "Cyclone" style cap and was wondering how difficult it was to install. I've read some posts that involve cutting into the roof and the actual pipe and I realy don't feel like cutting into anything. Is is a matter of pull the old vent cap off and push the new one on? I have a 2010 Rockwood Ultra lite and figured this would be a nice enhancement to the trailer that is functional.
I didn't have to cut down into the roof. The type I bought fit inside the existing pipe. I slid it in until the storm collar was flush with the top of the old pipe. I put a bead of sealer on the edge of the old pipe first and it sealed once I pushed it down. The vent includes a screw, I drilled a small hole and installed the screw so it won't come loose. I can't remember the manufacturer though but it is similar to the Cyclone vent. I painted mine silver to match the other vents and AC units on the roof.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 10:16 PM   #6

Got mine from Amazon.
PepperGavril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 04:26 PM   #7

When installing the Cyclone Sewer Vent Cover do you need to remove your existing storm collar? My existing sewer vents were held in place by 1 screw and were very easy to remove. After taking the stock caps off I can see the storm collar with sealant all around it plus the pvc black pipe sticking up about 1/2" above storm collar. I wanted to know if the Cyclone Sewer Vent Cover slips down inside the existing pvc pipe and all you have to do is seal around were the two pipes meet? Do you install the new storm collar that comes with the cyclone in place of the existing storm collar? Just looking to get some install info before purchasing the device. If it installs inside the existing pipe and I can keep the existing storm collar in place then that would be ideal. Just hate to remove the storm collar already installed and sealed and install the new collar and buy new sealant that goes around the collar on roof. Let me know if you have some install info you can share.
Eastlake, OH
EastlakeRoo is offline   Reply With Quote