Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-28-2017, 11:31 PM   #1

Shakes with big foot on class c - help.

So any ideas will help! I have been through lots of topics but can't find what I need. I'm in a new to us 2015 25' Chevy sunseeker. It came with a Bigfoot system. I have had 3 other Rv's, class c and TT and have have no problem taking the shakes out of my rig. Level might have been an ordeal but no shaking. As in when the kid roles over In bed in the front my wife and I feel it in the back. So I was extremely happy when the new rig had bigfoots. Now level is no problem but I can feel every move in the rv, it's just not stable. I have 4 jacks on a 25' rv. Do I need more? Any idea on how to help with this? What are y'all a rigs like with the bigfoots?
Toytec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 02:32 PM   #2

Hmm, I think mine takes the shake out pretty well. I wonder if it leveled the RV w/o taking the weight off the suspension? Seems like they need to take the load off the suspension to stop the shaking.
Old 03-29-2017, 06:15 PM   #3

I had BF jacks on both of my Lazy Daze, the 24 was stable, the 26, one jack would "walk" around a little until it had a good footing. I believe one jack was slightly out of vertical and it was giving just a little side loading. Might want to see if yours are going straight down.
Toyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 06:22 PM   #4

It sounds like your jacks are not actually lifting the rig up high enough. if it has a manual level mode try that along with putting some blocking under the jacks and see what happens.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 11:52 PM   #5

Thanks for the ideas y'all. I will try it out and get back with yah. It will pick the front tires off the ground and looks like it picks the back up a good bit. Might try and do a reset on the system and see if that helps.
Old 03-30-2017, 01:50 PM   #6

Id try blocks under the jack pads. Less amount of the rod out equates to less movement in rv!
Old 05-09-2017, 03:51 PM   #7

Got a update for people. I got blocks right before a trip and tried them on the trip. No luck. So when I got home I shimmed blocks under the jacks as close as possible, less than an inch of space. I was also on a concrete pad. Raised the jacks and rv and could still shake it with my hands. So I went to makes sure all the bolts on the jacks were tight. They were good but I did get them to tighten up some more. But while I was under there I think I spotted the problem! The weld in mounting plate that goes in the c-channel of the frame is only welded in on the back of plate. The top and bottom of the plate have 1/4" gap and are not welded. I looked on line and found the instal instructions and it said all sides of the plate are to be welded in. So the jack wagon that installed this system only did 2 out of the 6 required welds per mounting plate!! I will be welding them in completely and that should solve my problem hopefully. I will keep y'all posted and try and get some pic also.
Old 07-19-2017, 06:17 PM   #8

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3607.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	453.9 KB
ID:	145365
Y'all think a 1/4" weld would be why my rv rocks when I put the jacks down
Old 07-19-2017, 06:18 PM   #9

It should be welded on all sides according to bigfoots install paperwork I found on line.
Old 07-22-2017, 05:23 AM   #10

Also you mentioned about the front tires off the ground. When you go up high enough to lift all our most all the weight off the tires it will be wobbly. Needs to level and take just a slight bit of spring tension out.

And not only does it look like not enough weld, he wasn't very good at it either.
Kenz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class c