Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-23-2019, 03:40 PM   #1

Shower door panel installation

Towing our Cardinal 5th wheel up the ALCAN the inside panel of our three panel shower door shattered. Forest River will only sell the entire door set with frame. One other shop in the lower 48 has a similar set for $488.00 but wants $1,000.00 to ship it to Anchrage, AK.

I found a local glass shop that will special order one panel, cut and delivered for $269.00 but they want an additional $500.00 to install it.

I’ve read what I can find and it doesn’t look like rocket science, it doesn’t seem reasonable to pay that much money to install a sliding panel in the upper and lower channels and hang it, even if it required lifting the doors out of the frame. Has anyone done this that can give me some direction to do it myself? I prefer not going the curtain route.

Mods, if this isn’t the proper forum, please move this post.

Thanks, Larry
Alaskaman1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, show, shower