Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2016, 11:24 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfd82 View Post
I am very new here, been lurking for a while and finally signed up last week, and new to owning a TT.
I have noticed a lot of people complain about lack of service from their service department; "been sitting there for months and not fixed yet" etc..
I've also noticed that a lot of people by parts and accessories from Amazon or Walmart, etc...

My question is, do you think the two are connected? IF you bought more items from the dealership's store, do you think they would take better care of you when it comes to repair time?

I'm not saying buy everything from them, but if you were in there several times per year and got to know the folks and they know your face I think there is a "Oh that's Mr Smith, he is a good customer, lets get him fixed up as quickly as possible" that takes place.
Most private owned stores operate this way. Any mom and pop shop (no matter what kind of store) always seem to go further towards helping their regular customers.

I understand this may not apply to giant RV dealerships that are the RV world equivalent of walmart,

Just a thought.
My employees always thought that our best customers were the ones they saw more often rather than the ones that spent much more money but came in less often.

Now before anyone gets started on a rant, I know that every customer is important and that is how I treated them. My post here was to address the psychology of the issue.

Face time almost always works for people to appreciate you.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 11:54 AM   #22

Happy with most service

We bought a motorhome from a dealership 1 hour away (depending on time of day with traffic - then it's over 2 hrs.) Have taken it back 3 times in our warranty period for repairs (most minor, some major). Did have one issue that reared it's ugly head while on a trip and warranty almost out. Had to call factory for that authorization. I can honestly say that National Indoor RV up in Lewisville, Texas has been a stand up dealer and would recommend them to anyone in the market for a motorhome. Talking to the factory was a great experience. Having work done at Camping World is a whole different story. I wouldn't take my unit in to have them change a light bulb ! ! ! I had dealings with the one in Burleson close to me and up in Denton. Both tried to pull a fast one or did not repair things correctly . . . Of course, everyone has a story !
texasbuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 12:28 PM   #23

One thing I am grateful for is that I didn't buy an extended warranty. I believe the warranty would of been expired before I got any work completed.

The way I look at it, all factory defects I encounter will be resolved through warranty work. Once the warranty is expired, I will start doing my own repairs and maintenance on our 5'er, with the exception of a very small amount of items.

After all, I have been doing the upkeep on my houses and my daily driver and classic cars for 40 years, don't see any issues doing the same with the 5'er.

2016 Forest River Heritage Glen 276RLIS
2017 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ 2500HD Duramax
Pasco, Washington
41ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 10:52 AM   #24

I always ask about time and length of service when I talk to the service guy at our dealer. He will give me a time frame, he'll order parts and call me when they are in. Then the camper goes in. They move them through quickly as their lot fills up quickly with rv's just sitting there.
OKI Marine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service