Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2020, 07:33 PM   #1

sink dropped

So....While camping the other last weekend, we were finishing the dishes. The sink was half full of water. (Double under counter sink). The other side was empty. Suddenly the sink just fell. Luckily the drain stayed intact so the water damage was minimal. After getting it cleaned up we inspected it. Turns out the sink was being held under the counter by a single bead of silicone. How it stayed up as long as it did I don't know. The next day I made an appointment at my dealer. Monday I took it in. They inspected it. They told me they had been in contact with Flagstaff and it would be taken care of and not to worry.
Not going to name names here, but the dealer has taken care of me so far and I do have an extended warranty, even though that doesn't come into play here.
But, after sitting and stewing for awhile about quality control, I fired off an email to Forest River. The reply was interesting. It said.....
{First, I am glad you are happy with your unit.
Secondly, there was TSB sent out stating that there was a possibility that the glue would not hold on the sink and that we suggested adding some clips under the sink.
This is completely covered under FR warranty.
When we first started using the Corion countertops with the undermount sinks, our venders assured us that the adhesive would be enough.
As you discovered- that is not the case and the technical Service Bulletin was issues.
TSB10-1068 should be performed by the dealer. Our records indicate it was never done.}

So, what do you guys think? First of all, it sounds like the dealer dropped the ball. Second, the Corion is fairly thin. Don't know how they will attach clips and not sure adhesives will hold with all the vibrations from going down the road.
Old 08-27-2020, 07:38 PM   #2
Enjoying Life

I had the same problem with my Rockwood(sister TT). They took care of me very quickly. There are bracing blocks around the sink area that the sink clips will screw into and they did that to mine. Have had no problem since. My TT was sold to me before the TSB came out but all is well now.

2006 Durango HEMI

TeachTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 08:41 PM   #3

Actually, That's a good point. Don't know when the bulletin came out. It could have came out after I purchased it. Still, there is no excuse, in my opinion, of letting a sink go out with a single bead of silicone. Everyone can blame everyone else. It still falls onto the manufacturer. Thanks for the reply.
Old 08-28-2020, 08:57 PM   #4
JSP

Considering these things are put together almost 100% by human hands.. I would expect to have a pretty large number of initial problems. What bothers me a little is this kind of stupid design decisions to save a few bucks. The Rv industry reminds me of the American auto industry during the 70's. Where else are you going to go?
JSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 11:21 PM   #5

This is a standard Rockwood Flagstaff issue. Try to find someone who this hasn't happened to with these trailers is hard.
babock is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sink