Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2008, 06:14 PM   #1

Smokers visiting Kerrville TX

I know smoking is a hot button issue on many RV forums, this one is only informational.

The citizens of Kerrville recently passed a no smoking ordinance, and it went into effect today.

It is very restrictive--no smoking in any business (public and private), within 20 feet of any entrance, on golf courses, at public gatherings like Market Days, and in city parks. This includes the Kerrville-Schreiner City Park (used to be a State Park, but is now a city park and therefore under the ban).

Not sure how they will enforce it, but the fines for breaking the ordinance will be no less than $100 to no more the $500.

Not posting pro or con, just letting future visitors know what to expect.

Joe

2008 Cardinal 32TS
2008 F350 Lariat PSD C/C 4X4 Dually
Joe Falco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 06:26 AM   #2

Wow. Thanks for the info. I'm not a smoker but it doesn't bother me either way. I'm not sure how they would inforce it there other than with the park hosts and rangers maybe.

Are they still using State Park Rangers there? They were the last time I was there but that was only a year after the ownership transfer.

I love that park by the way.
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 06:46 AM   #3

If I recall, the rangers are city employees now. I was last there about a year ago.

Joe

2008 Cardinal 32TS
2008 F350 Lariat PSD C/C 4X4 Dually
Joe Falco is offline   Reply With Quote