Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-02-2020, 01:45 PM   #1

Sneaky Snakes

My wife and I have owned two units in the last four years; both being bought from our local dealer in Shreveport/Bossier...Bayou Outdoor Supercenter. Our last being our 2019 Columbus Compass fiver, model 329DVC. The unit was immediately taken to our lake property and within a week we placed a 24/40/15 cover over it.

My wife has knee issues and the stairs going up to the bathroom/bedroom are hard for her to navigate so we decided to purchase a new doublewide. When we purchased the Columbus we were told that it was a high-end unit and resell value is better than most. Well, I paid $55k only 18 months ago and they offered me $25K and didn't have the decency to come and see that it looks as new as it did the day they delivered it.

I understood that I wasn't going to get anywhere close to my purchase price; but this is less than half what I paid and a third of what they said MSRP was on the unit originally. Believe it or not, I used to work for the dealership when the grandfather ran it years ago...I called a dealer 100 miles away and he offered me $31K sight unseen...I didn't try and beat down the price at Bayou on either the Vibe unit; nor this one...I paid what they said was their "special" pricing. I went to the dealer and they send me to the sales manager who listened, and promised to call me back yesterday; he was going to see what he could do because he didn't want me leaving calling them robbers..NO CALL...their robbers
Lake5er is offline   Reply With Quote