Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2010, 07:15 PM   #1

snow days,2

Well i got the ok from insurance company to remove the motorhome from under the car port, they didnt need to see it there, Taking it to a repair shop wednesday for them to fix it. Think i dodge a big bullet, took out 2 vent covers, front a/c fiberglass cover, power awning that i HATE, and a 2x2 dent at the roof line, just hope that can have it back within a month so we can start camping again. altough a new diesel pusher would have been sweet, but i like the floor plan of the 378ts
bad1032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:26 AM   #2

good to hear its mostly cosmetic, a/c covers and vents are easy. I am sure they will check out your a/c for damage and leaks or jostling so it doesnt leak water later on.

i hate my power awning as well, its nice when it starts raining.....but i pull it in most of the time long before then
mine is so HIGH in the air it is really not very good at shade
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tres Rios Rv resort5.jpg
Views:	512
Size:	169.8 KB
ID:	2195  
Old 02-22-2010, 12:12 PM   #3
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Glad to hear it's not too severe. I think everyone is in agreement about the awning. I like that I can close it by remote and putting it out is simple but it's so high up that unless the sun is directly overhead it's not too effective. As for getting it back within a month, that might be a reach due to needing to paint the AC Cover and fix the dent. Where are you taking it? When my baggage doors got creased I took it to Chesaco RV in Joppa MD. They did all of the painting outside but it was during the summer.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote