Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-30-2020, 02:45 PM   #21

Congrats on the new 5er from Western Maryland. Welcome to the dark side I also bought a GD within the last year.
camper70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 02:51 PM   #22

I’m assuming in that short time frame you probably didn’t do any modifications, or very little? I keep thinking I’d like to go up a little longer but then recalling all of the time and energy that I put into a significant amount of modifications; Dish satellite, solar, custom cab seats, suspension, additional camera, rear bumper motion sensors, hydraulic leveling system, memory foam mattress, etc...... to get it just right. I don’t know if I’m willing to start over / have the energy to do it again. (And it’s paid for.)
I hope you got the perfect setup this time.
mtnlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 03:00 PM   #23
jkoenig24

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Find and attend an RV Boot Camp! RVBC is the Escapees educational class. FMCA runs RV Basics; the RVSEF calls their product a Safety Conference and, RV~Dreams also has an offering. RVEducation101.com has classes on DVDs which cover most of what RVBC will teach you. Escapees and FMCA generally run over a weekend. RVSEF and RV~Dreams do week long classes (more socializing). ALL are GREAT resources, ESPECIALLY for newbies (but "seasoned" RVers will learn new trick too). "Mistakes" made with RVs tend to be expensive and, sometimes dangerous. RVBC graduates are SMARTER RV buyers and, safer RVers. JUST DO IT! You can thank me later.

PS: going through more than one RV is VERY common. Until you actually DO some RVing, you can't know exactly what will or will not work for YOU. I usually recommend that newbies "start small", learn what they DO and DON'T want (which requires ACTUAL RVing experience) and then, make an informed choice as to what you will "graduate" to. I started with a new, 2010 Casita 17' Spirit Deluxe Travel Trailer (which was a GREAT way to "test the waters" for less than $20,000. I quickly realized that I REALLY liked RVing (NOT everyone does) and then, took FOUR YEARS of searching to find my second RV (which I've had for almost six years now). Since 2010, I put ~ 54,000 miles on the Casita and, ~ 57,000 miles on my 2015 Dynamax DX#-37RB (FrED, Front End Diesel). FrED has the BEST floorpan I've seen in my 10 years of RVing. After some upgrades, nothing else comes close to what I have in FrED.

Again, for newbies; take your time and, don't be afraid to start small.
jkoenig24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 03:01 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfsgm View Post
Congratulations. After a Road Ranger and then two Cardinals, we went to Grand Design, too. I'm guessing you are on the Grand Design Forum now with some others of us?
Thanks I am there and here same name .... Frank4711
Frank & Cindy--- (SOB) 5th Wheel ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed--- Payload 4394------Remi & Sage camping pups---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500---2019 48 days ---2020 28 days Camping
frank4711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 03:06 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by camper70 View Post
Congrats on the new 5er from Western Maryland. Welcome to the dark side I also bought a GD within the last year.
Hey Thanks this one really checked all the boxes
Frank & Cindy--- (SOB) 5th Wheel ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed--- Payload 4394------Remi & Sage camping pups---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500---2019 48 days ---2020 28 days Camping
Old 01-30-2020, 06:34 PM   #26

We have 2017 GD Reflection29RS part timers. I really like GD, their service answers the phone, give the VIN and either answers the question or gets the ans. We ordered it through a dealer from the factory, both dealer and GD let me know when it was going to be built and if we waited 2 weeks auto leveling would be free (hard to believe). Previous TT off the lot had nit pickin problems. No problems yet, knock on wood.
Old 01-30-2020, 08:47 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnlvr View Post
I’m assuming in that short time frame you probably didn’t do any modifications, or very little? I keep thinking I’d like to go up a little longer but then recalling all of the time and energy that I put into a significant amount of modifications; Dish satellite, solar, custom cab seats, suspension, additional camera, rear bumper motion sensors, hydraulic leveling system, memory foam mattress, etc...... to get it just right. I don’t know if I’m willing to start over / have the energy to do it again. (And it’s paid for.)
I hope you got the perfect setup this time.
Only a few ... most is coming with us ... thanks

Tags
show