Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2017, 08:57 PM   #1

So Inconsiderate

Two weeks ago I was taking my TT up to the lake for it's summer residency.

Around 23:30, I pulled into a quiet highway gas station which had some parking for big rigs. Since there was plenty of space, I parked in a corner away from the truckers and to not be in the way.

While I was walking to the station store, I saw a pickup towing a TT come in and looked for a place to park. I came out 5 min later and saw that this TT rig parked in the space between 2 big rigs. There were pleeeeeeeeeeeeeenty of other spaces for them to park.

Out front of the pickup was 2 adults, 3 kids and 2 really yappy dogs all milling about trying to get organized for the night.

These clowns made so much noise it was nuts.

How inconsiderate to place themselves in between the two big rigs with I'm sure at least 2 very tired drivers trying to get some much needed sleep.

Their noise lasted for a good 15 minutes.

So rude.
So inconsiderate.
So selfish.

*end rant
Nights Camped 2017 [63]
Nights Camped 2018 [27]
Nurek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 08:43 AM   #2

I don't understand. Was this a gas station or a rest stop?

Why would making noise at a gas station be an issue?
lugoismad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 09:01 AM   #3

I am with Nurek. It shouldn't matter where it is, if it is 23:30 you can be pretty certain that the truckers are trying to sleep. I appreciate the fact that there are still considerate people out there.
Old 06-01-2017, 10:22 AM   #4

I can pretty much assure you those drivers weren't bothered or the fools would have had a real problem.
Santini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 01:45 PM   #5

I think I see the OP's reasoning. They were commenting on peoples lack of consideration for their fellow man. Why would you not try and respect someone else's quiet time and just a general polite way. I think he also thought they chose a parking spot that could have been better chosen... Heaven help the people around us in a set-up situation. People going everywhere, talking, making noise, etc..
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 01:57 PM   #6

I'd say there are two sides to this. Maybe the family assumed that the truckers were inside the gas station and that they weren't bothering them. On the other hand, I agree with you. At 23:30, that is well past quiet time in my opinion. If you are going to use it as a rest stop then you need to be quiet and respectful. If not, then you have no reason to complain at 5 or 6 o'clock in the morning when the truckers are starting their engines and blowing their horns.
VA_Camper is offline   Reply With Quote