Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-28-2020, 03:00 PM   #1

So long and thanks for all the fish!

Well, our HTT is all but sold and we expect that to happen this weekend. We had decided that it made sense to sell since we only used it twice this year as we have changed up our vacation travels/style a bit. It was actually pretty interesting how we found the buyer. We were camping with some friends at a local campground a couple of weeks ago and while we were sitting at their outside table we noticed a few people had stopped by our trailer and were talking among themselves. After they were there for a couple of minutes I spoke up and let them know that was our trailer and to let me know if they had any questions. Long story short, they were roaming the campground looking at the different trailers trying to find the Goldilocks trailer (They wanted what we wanted when we were looking, the camping experience but with amenities, comfort, and ease of setup that a pop-up doesn't provide). We gave them a tour of the trailer and got their contact info, at the time we hadn't decided if we were going to sell or not but told them we were thinking about it. That interaction forced us to make a decision, and so we've stayed in touch since that weekend and came to an agreement on price. So, it's looking like it'll be going to a new home this Saturday.

We'll surely miss it now and then and have some great memories with it, I'm sure the new owners will make some great memories as well.

And with that, I bid you all adieu. This has been a great forum with some great folks on it. Who knows, perhaps I'll return someday down the road.

Take care and be safe!
Old 10-28-2020, 03:15 PM   #2

well, since you say that you are not looking at "upgrading" i guess you are doing more the hotel/cruise/planes/trains and automobile thing..... LOL

enjoy!!
Just us gals (me, Sis and our daughters)
We spend alot of money to go sit in the woods
GalsofEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 03:53 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalsofEscape View Post
well, since you say that you are not looking at "upgrading" i guess you are doing more the hotel/cruise/planes/trains and automobile thing..... LOL

enjoy!!
We're doing overlanding, getting off the grid and away from crowds/people to enjoy nature. Nothing wrong with campgrounds in general, just not my thing and the places I want to go are places a trailer can't go. The last camping trip we did with this trailer, where we found the buyer, cemented my feelings. We want to get out where it's peaceful. Campgrounds are the opposite. People playing music and being loud during quiet hours, people coming and going early in the morning, etc. I'd tolerate it when our kids were younger and we'd stay at KOAs and such, but I'd rather have peace and quiet and even if there weren't a pandemic our kids are ages where they don't want to go out and make random friends in a campground.

I also much prefer not towing a trailer, makes logistics much easier and between the fuel savings and free dispersed camping it's a whole lot easier to swallow going on a 1-2 week overlanding trip vs a 1-2 week trip with our trailer. Not that we couldn't afford it, it just stung.

My wife is also getting more into backpacking trips, so overlanding is easier to include in that.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200810_165234897_iOS.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	489.3 KB
ID:	242122  
Old 10-28-2020, 03:57 PM   #4
Just as confused as you

I can suggest taking Amtrak to the pacific nw, we have been to Portland, OR, Seattle, WA and Vancouver, BC. The most enjoyable was Vancouver, but all the train rides were great for meeting interesting people riding along. July 2019 we borrowed a popup and took a trip to Glacier NP and Banff / Columbia Ice Fields in Alberta, CA.

Whatever you do, good luck on your future endeavors and enjoy.
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 08:10 AM   #5
Can you run 3800 fps?

Maybe we'll catch up at the Restaurant at the End of the Universe...

Camping together for 48 years!
SniperDroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 08:42 AM   #6
Georgia Rally Coordinator

No need to leave you can still be beneficial to folks here with what you learned from your camper. Besides nice friendly place to stay in touch. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing. Traded 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 08:46 AM   #7

You’ve really put a lot of thought and time into your previous posts to help people here. I hope you can stick around to share your knowledge.

Bruce
Old 10-29-2020, 08:47 AM   #8
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinspp View Post
No need to leave you can still be beneficial to folks here with what you learned from your camper. Besides nice friendly place to stay in touch. Later RJD
X2

I've always enjoyed your posts and point of view.
Check in and keep us posted as to how things are going.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=86
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 01:46 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper View Post
I can suggest taking Amtrak to the pacific nw, we have been to Portland, OR, Seattle, WA and Vancouver, BC. The most enjoyable was Vancouver, but all the train rides were great for meeting interesting people riding along. July 2019 we borrowed a popup and took a trip to Glacier NP and Banff / Columbia Ice Fields in Alberta, CA.

We did the same trip out of Houston and up the west coast. Very enjoyable.
TexasGolfBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 02:13 PM   #10
D W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper View Post

From what i've seen on the news, Seattle, WA and Portland, OR are two of many cities you want to avoid. Just sayin'.
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 02:25 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDrax View Post
We're doing overlanding, getting off the grid and away from crowds/people to enjoy nature. Nothing wrong with campgrounds in general, just not my thing and the places I want to go are places a trailer can't go. The last camping trip we did with this trailer, where we found the buyer, cemented my feelings. We want to get out where it's peaceful. Campgrounds are the opposite. People playing music and being loud during quiet hours, people coming and going early in the morning, etc. I'd tolerate it when our kids were younger and we'd stay at KOAs and such, but I'd rather have peace and quiet and even if there weren't a pandemic our kids are ages where they don't want to go out and make random friends in a campground.

I also much prefer not towing a trailer, makes logistics much easier and between the fuel savings and free dispersed camping it's a whole lot easier to swallow going on a 1-2 week overlanding trip vs a 1-2 week trip with our trailer. Not that we couldn't afford it, it just stung.

My wife is also getting more into backpacking trips, so overlanding is easier to include in that.

so more the automobile thing. It does sound nice. Enjoy it while you can.
Just us gals (me, Sis and our daughters)
We spend alot of money to go sit in the woods
GalsofEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 02:27 PM   #12
Just as confused as you

Quote:
Originally Posted by D W View Post
From what i've seen on the news, Seattle, WA and Portland, OR are two of many cities you want to avoid. Just sayin'.
Just sayin', our trips out there was around 10 years ago. We still want to go back to Vancouver Island to do some whale watching. Been told you can see them from one of the campgrounds and the beach.
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 03:32 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDrax View Post

We wish you the best in your new adventures. We feel the same about campgrounds. To crowded for us and our two fur kids. We use HipCamp app too find out of the way places to camp and so far our Wolf Pup 17JG has been able to go where we have camped. I just take it slow when the path is a little more ruff than a paved road. �� I like your new rig though. Enjoy! Like others have said no need to leave the forums. Stop in and chat a bit every now and again.
Dsimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 03:42 PM   #14

I will guarantee you there is life after camping. We have been in and out of the camping scene several times over the last 51 years. We still enjoy boondock camping, but crowded campgrounds not so much. We found ourselves between two areas after our roaming days, so we bought stix and bricks at each end and lovin' it. There is something about adventure when it seems right, but times change.

Enjoy what ever you choose to do. Life is short, but it seems forever to get the first cup of coffee in the morning. That won't change.
PenJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 07:54 PM   #15

I'm in the same camp as aceinspp and 5picker. Keep the forum in your bookmark menu and stop by from time to time.
Dirt Sifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 08:07 PM   #16

Be sure to pack your towel

Don't Panic

...and 42 [emoji6]
Brake Controller: Curt Echo
PDuB-IA2MI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 08:15 PM   #17
Now a "Top Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperDroid View Post
Maybe we'll catch up at the Restaurant at the End of the Universe...
And don't forget your "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy". Dangit...now I'm going to have to read those books again!

Anyway, good luck on your new ventures, and tell the new owners of your old digs to stop by and say hullo.
Retired AF MSgt

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 02:41 PM   #18
"Curmudgeon"

Send a message via MSN to Trawlerphil Send a message via Yahoo to Trawlerphil
Sometimes a little change is necessary, I've been Ocean Cruising for 19,406.2 Statute Miles and then Land Cruising for 38,138.3 Statute Miles. We may try some auto cruising in our Model Y Tesla because there's actually enough room for 2 to sleep in the back and the 30/50 AMP charging adapter will work fine in campgrounds....

Good luck on your next venture!
2018 F-150 4X4 Max tow EcoBoost 3.5
2020 Tesla Model Y
Trawlerphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 05:00 PM   #19

Thanks for all the kind words, I appreciate it! The new owners picked the trailer up yesterday, apparently they visit these forums as well because they figured out who I was! *waves*

Yesterday my wife was questioning if we made the right choice or not by selling it because it was the perfect trailer to her, but she agrees that we just weren't getting as much use out of it as we used to and we can always get another one later if we decide to change gears again.

Anyway, safe and happy travels to the new owners! I may pop in here now and then, perhaps next time around we'll do something like a NoBo instead or something that is more suited to off-pavement adventures, who knows!
Old 11-05-2020, 09:19 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsimes View Post
We wish you the best in your new adventures. We feel the same about campgrounds. To crowded for us and our two fur kids. We use HipCamp app too find out of the way places to camp and so far our Wolf Pup 17JG has been able to go where we have camped. I just take it slow when the path is a little more ruff than a paved road. �� I like your new rig though. Enjoy! Like others have said no need to leave the forums. Stop in and chat a bit every now and again.
I checked out the HipCamp app but it looks to me like it only lists developed campgrounds. We are looking for ways to find info on dispersed camping areas. Any ideas?

Boondockers since 1982
Jodiwer is offline   Reply With Quote