Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2018, 10:03 PM   #41
Broken Toe

For me, what really gets my goat is when someone just wants to complain, with every attempt to help or offer advice rejected. Sometimes, those people get personal and/or ignorant with the people trying to offer suggestions, and at that point I can't restrain myself. I've had a few 'conversations' with moderators with them pleading with me to play nice. I just have a hard time with that when someone comes in our house like that and craps all over the place like that. And that's exactly how I view it.

The Moderators to a fantastic job of keep us (including me) on an even keel. I'm on other forms and trust me, this is the Daisy Hill Puppy Farm compared to some others. Sometimes TOO good... LOL

Tim

"Camper" 2016
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss
"Casper" 2017 Ram 2500 Laramie Diesel
..ProPride 3P Hitch - "Yeah. It's worth it."
Old 04-17-2018, 10:06 PM   #42

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowracer View Post
For me, what really gets my goat is when someone just wants to complain, with every attempt to help or offer advice rejected. Sometimes, those people get personal and/or ignorant with the people trying to offer suggestions, and at that point I can't restrain myself. I've had a few 'conversations' with moderators with them pleading with me to play nice. I just have a hard time with that when someone comes in our house like that and craps all over the place like that. And that's exactly how I view it.

The Moderators to a fantastic job of keep us (including me) on an even keel. I'm on other forms and trust me, this is the Daisy Hill Puppy Farm compared to some others. Sometimes TOO good... LOL

Tim
Incorrect...

Arms full of fluffy Kittens...

Click image for larger version

Name:	7dd1f37cad0855288024b02dbb66823c.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	168637
Old 04-17-2018, 10:28 PM   #43

keegantimber ... You seem to see conflict and anger ... I see spirited opinions from a variety of people that don't all walk the same paths in life. Like said ... this forum is way subdued compared to others. I'm glad we are allowed some latitude in our opinions.
Old 04-17-2018, 11:31 PM   #44

Quote:
Battery cutoff switch - Positive or negative cable?
really this is a thing? My answer would be yes lol.
Old 04-18-2018, 03:38 AM   #45

I get pissed on here by some. .. offering advice for the sake of writing something but I just block the ones that I'm not I treated in ...
Old 04-18-2018, 05:00 AM   #46
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
Incorrect...

Arms full of fluffy Kittens...

Attachment 168637
I thought the samething after yesterday's "opening day"

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 04-18-2018, 05:03 AM   #47
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowracer View Post

Tim
I agree, some people are easily...

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 04-18-2018, 05:18 AM   #48

Everyone has an opinion or different way of looking at things. We are all different and that is great.
There are many hot topics that are easy to get up another's dander up, whether right or wrong but usually more of a matter of personal preference. The moderators do a great job of keeping the peace. Pets / dogs is one that comes to mind.

Some are trying to keep others from getting hurt as opinions both ways come up as some do not see it that way. Sunday evening there were many upset that their golf coverage on local tv was preempted buy 4 Tornadoes that were in our area.

Some have money, some do not........ Some are computer savy some know little. i LEARNED ALL CAPS IS YELLING by posting here . Really I think that is stupid and insane but I guess that is what it is......
I grew up with 3 tv channels. My current phone is still a dumb phone & I have no idea what an app is.

Even camping for years I have leaned a lot of things that I should or should not be doing. We have survived but it is good to know that there are other ways to do things.

I do see some anger from time to time but not much.

We need at all just have fun but keep in mind that your lifestyle and fun might not be for someone else. We are not alone in the camp ground. We might be with our 800 plus friends........

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Old 04-18-2018, 05:23 AM   #49
Censored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaklevel View Post

Some have money, some do not........ Some are computer savy some know little. i LEARNED ALL CAPS IS YELLING by posting here . Really I think that is stupid and insane but I guess that is what it is......
I grew up with 3 tv channels. My current phone is still a dumb phone & I have no idea what an app is.

For any old computer programmers out there that wrote programs using the Basic Computer Language, ALL CAPS WAS A WAY OF LIFE.
Old 04-18-2018, 12:38 PM   #50
Shelley

Very thankful for this forum

I am a newbie RV owner and this forum is my lifeline. Sometimes there is a wee bit of anger (the tires/wheels issues was hot), but I would prefer to see raw honest emotions as opposed to just "a friendly site". I look forward to my daily e-mail and there's *always* a post each day I learn from.

For instance, I had planned on leaving my 9 year old lab in our MH next month when we go fishing in the mountains of NM; however, after reading a post yesterday where someone got ticketed for leaving their dog in an RV was an eye opener for me. In that same daily e-mail, I saw the damage a foot or two of snow on the roof of an RV can do.

I immediately tell my husband about what I learn each day so he take take the forum learning journey with me.

As such, I prefer the honesty and raw emotions this site offers and I no longer view the other forums.
Old 04-18-2018, 12:54 PM   #51
Shelley

Cutest darn pic of kittens ever!
Old 04-18-2018, 01:05 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper View Post
Welcome.
So far today 4/18/18 I am happy the 5-9 inches of new snow and ice has not struck us here in Monroe County. I was supposed to change campsites but my hoses are frozen under 3 inches of ice. The big plows could not do the job on the roads so they brought in tracked vehicles to plow/here in Monroe County/
Old 04-18-2018, 01:07 PM   #53

I am a member of several forums and FaceBook groups. Indeed, want to start an arguement? Ask which is the best truck, tire brands, weight ratings for trucks and trailers, and a couple others already mentioned. Ask for help with a leak, or some electrical issue and you will get LOTS of help, advise, and guidance in resolving your issue. Those things don't involve opinions about personal choices that some feel they have to defend. When a thread gets ugly, I just unsubscribe and move on to something useful. Welcome to the forum, I have found this to be one of the best, but it is still a slice of real life, so be warned.
Old 04-18-2018, 01:11 PM   #54
Always Learning

Old 04-18-2018, 01:15 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Love the cartoon! Do you draw these? I followed the link and found them hilarious.
Old 04-18-2018, 01:17 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_B Travelers View Post
Love the cartoon! Do you draw these? I followed the link and found them hilarious.
That happened at my house last night while following the Goshen Rally thread. LOL...
Old 04-18-2018, 01:18 PM   #57
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_B Travelers View Post
I WISH I had that much creativity. Not mine, just one that I follow for the weekly or twice weekly cartoons that he puts out.
Old 04-18-2018, 01:19 PM   #58

Not a psychologist, but I do think there is a lot of passion simply because so much money has been put into people's rigs. They want good stuff because they paid good money! when it isn't "just right", people vent.

Welcome to human nature 101!
Old 04-18-2018, 01:19 PM   #59

Off OP thread, sorry.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	offrampze5.gif
Views:	117
Size:	6.4 KB
ID:	168674  
Old 04-18-2018, 01:46 PM   #60

Keegantimber, you didn't say whether or not the other forums you participate in are RV forums.
I have a hunch any RV forum will have a many angry people, and not just over technical opinions like those listed in many replies here.
Many posters are RV owners relatively new to the hobby. You can tell the newbies from the old timers by the number of posts. I'm a relative newbie.
I believe the quality of RV's in general, and service, has deteriorated in recent years, as prices have risen. This is not just a FR problem.
People who have recently purchased an RV, complete with an often astounding number of problems out the door, after paying big bucks, are often angry and confused. Their attempt to obtain service from the dealer often is completely unsatisfactory, thus compounding the problem. Contacting FR may or may not help, and finding the right person there is not often easy.
The old timers joined when RV's were better constructed. There were many more independent brands, competing for fewer customers. Also, I have a hunch (no science here) that many of the old timers are more self sufficient, able and willing to fix problems on their own. They are not angry, but sometimes can be dismissive of newbies who are, since they haven't had the same experience.
This forum can be very helpful. Some of the anger is understandable. In the end, we are all in the same boat (or RV). Having empathy for others with somewhat different experiences would make things better.
Closed Thread