Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-30-2011, 08:09 PM   #1

Sofa Storage in Surveyor SP 295?

Does anyone know if there is storage under the sofa in a 2012 Surveyor SP 295? We are seriously looking at one, but the closest one is 6 hours away and they don't actually have it in stock yet.

The salesman said the sofa doesn't have any storage, but I was in a local store this past week looking at campers and asked if there was storage under the couch and the salesman said no.....and then we discovered it really did. We plan to use our camper for extended lengths of time (2-3 weeks or more per trip). I need as much storage as I can get. Before I hand over a deposit and drive 6 hours to see it, I'd like to know if the sofa has storage.

Thanks much!
Jaclyn
CamperJac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 11:21 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamperJac View Post
Does anyone know if there is storage under the sofa in a 2012 Surveyor SP 295? We are seriously looking at one, but the closest one is 6 hours away and they don't actually have it in stock yet.

The salesman said the sofa doesn't have any storage, but I was in a local store this past week looking at campers and asked if there was storage under the couch and the salesman said no.....and then we discovered it really did. We plan to use our camper for extended lengths of time (2-3 weeks or more per trip). I need as much storage as I can get. Before I hand over a deposit and drive 6 hours to see it, I'd like to know if the sofa has storage.

Thanks much!
Jaclyn
I looked a pictures of that camper...the couch is in the slideout, but the slideout is not a 'flush floor' style. That area under the sofa may be used to run electrical and plumbing and the wheel well probably is partially there also.

There may be some storage available there when the slide is in, but precious little when the slide is out. Our last camper, Rockwood 2605 had a similiar couch/slideout arrangement.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags