Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-27-2021, 06:49 PM   #21
MCTroy

Thanks for the updates. I am.sorry for your expense and experience. Your posts are very helpful. Replacing the floor in our 2015 WJ is going to be our winter project. And I am going to check those wheel wells! For your laminate, did you have any problems with the slides going over it? Did you pit it in the slides too?
Thanks again for the updates. I appreciate any tips!
MCTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2023, 10:18 AM   #22

Just and FYI for people looking for a water leak. Found a leak that was rotting the floor on our 2012 Ultralight in the bathroom. Removed plastic fender over the right side wheels. Between the wall and the floor was tar paper which was curled upwards which allowed any rain running down the outside wall to drip into this channel. The water would then wick into the plywood floor and stay wet. On the left side the tar paper was cut off flush and didn't have this problem.
scubasteve2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2023, 06:46 PM   #23

Get a good look...

Just cut up the vinyl flooring and removed a soft spot in tje plywood at main entrance.
Make sure you reach in and check between joists that travel under cabinetry for damp/wet insulation. Mine had white and black mold growing on the subfloor plywood. This is something you absolutely do not want to leave under there since mold spores will always be there... even after drying everything out. It will just regrow and spread with any sign of future moisture.
New plywood is strong but I'm pretty sure I didn't get all of the rotting floor out from under cabinets, sink and under outdoor kitchen. I think the leak came from either the main entrance door or from the outdoor kitchen hatch door. I re-sealed it but now need to wait to see if water gets in the hatch and sits on the laminate floor under small fridge and pull out burner.
rlucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2023, 09:14 PM   #24
MCTroy

Your update is timed well. We have a very soft spot where the dining slide comes in, almost like the slide has pushed on the floor. However there aren't any scoff marks. We laid rolled vinyl in the Windjammer last year. While taking up the old flooring we checked for leaks and saw none. We are hoping this is from the plywood breaking or the foam under it is failing.
Did you put anything under your new flooring?
Will just replacing the plywood be strong enough? We are considering marine grade plywood too.
And, the other consideration is just getting a newer trailer. Ugh. Any tips are appreciated.
MCTroy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor