Old 02-17-2017, 07:58 PM   #1

Solved A/C Return Air Filter Problem

Okay ... I've read many post on the A/C air filter problem that Forest River has left us all with. Here is my solution.

Attached is a photo of what I did.

I had some teak battens left over from my boating days so I put them to good use.

I routed a depression in the batten deep enough to hold a 1/4" welded wire mesh available from Home Depot and some filter media. I made a frame slightly larger than the existing return air grill and presto ... a cheap and easy solution to changing the air filter. I simply buy household air filters, tear them apart and cut the media to size. No cardboard or staples to fix their problems.

It would be far less expensive to use a different wood and stain it to match (I used left over stock) but mine match the wood trim in my 36CKTS very well. Maybe Forest River will contact me for the details or maybe even a contract to build some for them and supplement my retirement ... too darn easy and convenient.

Click on the photo and it will rotate to the correct orientation.

I personally think it looks good and adds something to the ceiling.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2291.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	130084  
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

Rango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 09:39 PM   #2

I went by the factory and they gave me the new kind Cedar Creek is using now. Once they are installed all you do is unsnap them and take the filters out
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote