Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2018, 01:32 PM   #1

some coach power lost

2008 forestriver georgetown went to start the engine and the battery was low so push the boost switch on the dashboard and engine started but went to bring in my slideouts nothing happen. I had lost also my steps staying out when i shut the door my awning has power to retract but will not extend my radio control button on the dashboard will not let me shut the radio off.
I checked everything has anybody got any ideas
cafechezwes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 02:50 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cafechezwes View Post
2008 forestriver georgetown went to start the engine and the battery was low so push the boost switch on the dashboard and engine started but went to bring in my slideouts nothing happen. I had lost also my steps staying out when i shut the door my awning has power to retract but will not extend my radio control button on the dashboard will not let me shut the radio off.
I checked everything has anybody got any ideas
Your slides are locked out with the ignition switch on. The steps will always retract with the ignition on and the door is closed. The awning should continue to work unless your vintage GT has a lockout feature. The radio dashboard switch typically is for when the ignition is off and you want to turn the radio on. It then will be powered via the coach batteries and not the chassis battery. Just sounds like operator error. Maybe not.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 03:06 PM   #3

I did the same thing with my old class A the steps were wired to the starting battery when I hit the aux switch and got the engine started there was not enough power to do anything else other then run the engine and start charging the chassis battery. I did get the generator started and after running it for awhile everything came back to life. just a thought
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 02:02 PM   #4

Did my post (#2) clear things up for you or are there still issues? My input is for a 2012 Georgetown and I didn't think things had changed since your Georgetown was built.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power