Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2021, 07:56 AM   #41

Ha ha😆👍busting me up again
pitzhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 11:14 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocknoids View Post
I was told years ago by a wiser man than me, don't add anything if it doesn't increase the value. Anything else is wasted money.
Value means different things to different people. My hobbies add value to my life. My trailer is one of those hobbies.
Old 03-31-2021, 11:19 PM   #43

If you never get to er enjoy your money, what is the point of having it. You need to balance fiscal responsibility with fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocknoids View Post
I was told years ago by a wiser man than me, don't add anything if it doesn't increase the value. Anything else is wasted money.

2020 Rockwood Roo 19
2012 F150 SuperCrew Ecoboost
hobienick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 11:52 PM   #44

"Value" is a subjective concept. The value of any item is what someone is willing to exchange for it. We may value something based on what we believe its long term investment potential is, or we may value something based on what we believe it will bring to our life.

I have no illusion of reselling my RC airplanes and recouping anything near what I have invested in them. That's never been the point. Their value is in the enjoyment I get in flying them, and if after so many flights, a plane ends up crashed and busted to pieces, well, I had fun with it while it lasted, and now there's an opening in the hangar for a new one.

Our old popup trailer certainly didn't increase in value over the nine years we've had it, and the money we've put into accessories and repairs is not going to be recoverable. The memories we created on trips with that trailer, on the other hand, are priceless. We expect to make more such memories with the new trailer, and the money we spend on it, and any accessories we install, will be well-spent. When my Dad was in hospice with the cancer that eventually took his life, Mom commented about all the things they'd planned to do someday, but which were never going to happen. You can't put a price on that.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P3310227.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	389.7 KB
ID:	250930  

2021 Wolf Pup 16FQ
2005 Toyota Sequoia
Hoomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 07:52 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoomi View Post
...When my Dad was in hospice with the cancer that eventually took his life, Mom commented about all the things they'd planned to do someday, but which were never going to happen. You can't put a price on that.
You could not have said this any better.

2020 Rockwood Roo 19
2012 F150 SuperCrew Ecoboost
hobienick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 08:05 AM   #46

When a member has MOD Fever, the only thing that will really help relieve this fever pressure a little is to have your friends here on the forum make more suggestions on how you can spend your money...

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 09:07 AM   #47

I wouldn't say we did mods to our Grey Wolf 24JS, we spent a lot in the beginning just because we didn't have the "stuff", like little grills and a yard rug and this and that. We did put new Good Year Tires on it last month on the one year anniversary of it's purchase, since we are going to venture out more this year.

I have no illusion that this is a money pit, but I'm in my mid 50's, we both have a few medical issues that are not dangerous but can be limiting, so at some point down the road money will be useless to us, as in it won't help having it, because life is but a vapor, here today, gone the next. We won't regret blowing it all while we can still use a toilet without assistance.
slammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 09:15 AM   #48
AlBab

boys (girls) and toys

Cost of the toy $XX,XXX
Cost of the modifications $X,XXX
Cost of keeping me occupied and busy? PRICELESS!

AlBab930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 10:21 AM   #49

With this past year being the way it was. Working on our trailer was kind of therapy. Got me outside hoping to head to a campground somewhere. Key I am remaining flexible to all possibilities.
Currently working on installing a switch to shot off power to sound bar and installing a fuse holder that is accessible for it. One less parasitic draw while dry camping.

DustyRoads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 11:33 AM   #50
Site Team

Every time I read this thread title this scene pops into my head.

Iwritecode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 11:56 AM   #51

I own 4 Jeeps and until a few months ago had two RVs. At least I don't have any Harleys.
Old 04-01-2021, 06:57 PM   #52

Send a message via AIM to Milt Findley Send a message via MSN to Milt Findley Send a message via Yahoo to Milt Findley
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyRoads View Post
With this past year being the way it was. Working on our trailer was kind of therapy. Got me outside hoping to head to a campground somewhere. Key I am remaining flexible to all possibilities.
Currently working on installing a switch to shot off power to sound bar and installing a fuse holder that is accessible for it. One less parasitic draw while dry camping.
I did my new camper walk around yesterday. I was plotting all of the probable parasitic draws during the course of it. I wonder how much is still being fed with the battery disconnected and does the disconnect disconnect the solar panel? I am going to have to chase a lot of wires at least in the beginning.
Milt Findley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 11:53 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
Every time I read this thread title this scene pops into my head.

Me too!
Quail is offline   Reply With Quote