Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-01-2017, 10:19 PM   #1

Southwest Florida camping sites

Hi all - Newbie on this forum. We have a Georgetown 378 XLT Class A that we just can't stand to see idle. We love in the Sarasota/Bradenton area and would love to use the rig with our kids over long weekend this Fall, Winter & Spring but can't find any good info on-line to help us.
Any suggestions from you experience and expertise would greatly be appreciated!
Thanks!
Mike Coyne
mikecoyneny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 07:32 AM   #2

I use parks and campgrounds and rv parky to help me find campgrounds. After I find one I like I use park advisor to look for reviews
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 07:44 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecoyneny View Post
Hi all - Newbie on this forum. We have a Georgetown 378 XLT Class A that we just can't stand to see idle. We love in the Sarasota/Bradenton area and would love to use the rig with our kids over long weekend this Fall, Winter & Spring but can't find any good info on-line to help us.
Any suggestions from you experience and expertise would greatly be appreciated!
Thanks!
Mike Coyne
Try the folks at Royal Coachman RV resort in Nokomis. Very clean, 10 min to Casey Key, one of the best beaches on the SW Coast.
Fishrsafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 10:54 AM   #4
Always Learning

I typically start campground searches at RV Park Reviews - Trusted Reviews of Campgrounds & RV Parks. I'll look in a general area that I want to travel and start to narrow down on sites.

Winter (Jan/Feb) will be your hardest time finding campsites at RV parks in Florida due to snowbirds. Year round, the state parks can be a challenge to get into.

If you are a Thousand Trails member, there are 3 parks that you can likely visit- Peace River in Wachula; Three Flags in Wildwood; and Orlando in Clermont/Kissimmeee. They're decent parks- each with their own things to do in the area.
Old 11-02-2017, 01:30 PM   #5

Travelers Rest in Dade City is beautiful. Lots to do and they have a 9 Hole ex golf course you can play.
Concerts every Sun night they use to be free.
For Bradenton area look at Anna Marie Island there is lots on the road from Bradenton to Anna Marie Island dont know their names.
Good luck and safe travels
Wayne
wfwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 03:08 PM   #6

We stay at San Carlos RV Resort in Ft Myers Beach, they have sites that are on the bay. You might want to give more information on what you are looking for. As for us we don't camp we glamp, we want concrete patios, not a lot of camp fires and close to activities. Some people want rustic and some are in between. Good Luck!

Rudy - 10 year old long haired dachshund, RIP
2011 Georgetown 350TS
2013 Chevrolet Equinox toad
RudysWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 03:48 PM   #7

Oscar Scherer State Park was a nice park we camped in near Venice. Electric and water hook-up only. You have to make sure you can get your Georgetown across the bridge!
Old 11-02-2017, 04:21 PM   #8

Collier-Seminole State Park near Marco Island-great canoeing kayaking
Lake Manatee State Park-Bradenton
Myakka River State Park-lots to do there
Oscar Scherer State Park-tough to get a spot
Midway National Forest Campground (electric only) 1/2 way between Naples and Miami on US Rt 41-lots of nature to see in the area of the Everglades

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 05:33 PM   #9

Red Coconut in Ft Myers Beach

For a somewhat unique experience, try the Red Coconut RV Resort on Ft. Myers Beach. I am sure they are booked up for January and February (can always try for a cancellation), you might be able to get something in other months.

They have sites literally on the beach and across the road a couple of hundred yards away.

We stay for a couple of weeks in February and have a great time.

Toad - 2016 Ford Edge SEL AWD w/6 cyl
pkaplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 07:32 PM   #10

Recommend trying Encore Park. It’s at the 220 exit off I75. Easy access to Anna Maria island beaches. Hour and half to Disney. Many golf courses. Newly remodeled club house, three laundry areas. Two pools..
hillsdaletc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 09:16 PM   #11

Check out Sun & Fun RV resort on Fruitville Rd. in Sarasota, Fl. Big park, great for the kids, great access to Venice, Siesta Key, St. Armonds Cir., Longboat Key and Anna Maria.
Villagerjjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 08:13 AM   #12
MWR

I highly suggest Timberlane RV Park and Resort in Bradenton Florida. This is one of the nicest parks we have been to and not too large. We were there for a week last week and found this to be great.
MWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 08:17 AM   #13

RV Park Reviews - Trusted Reviews of Campgrounds & RV Parks
In the Winter, the farther you get from the beach, the more likely you'll find open sites.
Never Enough Time Camping!!
ben31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 01:52 PM   #14

Really appreciate all the input everyone. Thank you!
mikecoyneny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 07:51 PM   #15

FL state parks are great but packed with snowbirds until March now. We have started trying some of the county parks (hard to find some of them) & have found them often available. Unfortunately Hillsbrough has some great ones but shockingly does not have a reservation system in place (hell, even Pasco takes reservations!). We also camp at Sertoma youth ranch for music festivals (mostly family friendly) the families we hang with love Sun & Fun

Terri & Joe + Boont & Tasha
Camping a long weekend every month or so since May 2013 in our cute 21FBRS MicroLite to practice for retirement while living here in Florida
Joe is retired.... next camper ordered.... getting ready to change this signature really soon!
Life Without Whine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping