Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2021, 09:58 AM   #61
Norwood Auto Italia

I get the different time priority but as a working stiff, I can't wait 3 days for functionality. And nor can most of the target users for this network. We of the RV persuasion are a tiny somewhat irrelevant user set that are very price elastic and generally not network management qualified.

But I did call customer service and that's how I obtained the Command protocol as I had the password to ask for it from their chip supplier. It was a turgid process to get punted around their departments to find the person who actually worked the relocation services. And that indicates to me at least as to how low a priority that function will be on this network for some time. It's not designed for RV and other moving assets. It's for remote offices, schools, internet of things, remote military bases, mines, ships in demurrage, RPV surveillance, rail yards, tunnels, bridges, traffic management - the list is long and much better funded than US RV populations.
vlamgat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 11:33 AM   #62

Elon Musk says Starlink should be 'fully mobile' by the end of 2021

"should" be fully mobile...

This is encouraging but probably not practical for this year as y'all have pointed out. https://www.businessinsider.com/elon...ehicles-2021-4
WayOffTheGrid is offline   Reply With Quote