Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2014, 01:04 PM   #1

St. Louis Camping World!!!

For all you folks in St. Louis, it looks like CW is going to be coming to town....Well just out side of town in Wentzville anyway. Wonder if they are taking over Bill Thomas?? That has been the plan on the other stores in Mo.

Camping World adding Wentzville store : Business
Nights Camped 2016: 32
ryand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 01:14 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryand View Post
For all you folks in St. Louis, it looks like CW is going to be coming to town....Well just out side of town in Wentzville anyway. Wonder if they are taking over Bill Thomas?? That has been the plan on the other stores in Mo.

Camping World adding Wentzville store : Business
CWs are really popping up on the I-70 corridor in Mo. One opened last year in Columbia and one in outside of KC to the east. I was looking at units at Bill Thomas, but nothing hit the spot. Good location for a CW if that is where it is.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 01:36 PM   #3

You are right...the spot to have there would be Bill Thomas. It would also seem more logical as the other two stores that have popped up in Mo have been existing dealer take overs rather than a new stand alone store.
Old 08-27-2014, 03:15 PM   #4
Broken Toe

gee, Maybe BT has finally driven their last customer away and folded, and CW bought their building.

I wonder with continual amazement how that place stays in business. Then again, they sell Airstreams, so maybe they don't need to sell that many of 'em to keep the lights on.

But good news on getting a CW anyway!

Tim

"Camper" 2016
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss
"Casper" 2017 Ram 2500 Laramie Diesel
..ProPride 3P Hitch - "Yeah. It's worth it."
Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 04:06 PM   #5

Yea....My parents bought from them and were not super happy with the after sale service. My dad actually knows some folks there pretty well, they live just down the street. I would imagine Thomas would rather take a big check to sell rather than compete with a large corp. in the same town. The airstream thing is interesting.
Old 05-04-2015, 08:44 AM   #6

Ground has been broken for the new Camping World Superstore in Wentzville, MO. It is located at the intersection of Highway A and I-70 and, contrary to speculation, they are starting with bare ground, not an existing RV dealership. Clearly they are behind the original schedule for opening 2Q 2015. . . . I also had bad experiences trying to buy from and obtain Airstream service from BT.
chasfenwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 08:51 AM   #7
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Les View Post
CWs are really popping up on the I-70 corridor in Mo. One opened last year in Columbia and one in outside of KC to the east. I was looking at units at Bill Thomas, but nothing hit the spot. Good location for a CW if that is where it is.
The one just outside of Columbia was owned by David Duffy, whom I went all thru school with in Trenton, MO. He sold his mortuary business and bought the rv dealership. Had a bad heart attack a couple of years ago and sold the rv business to CW.
Old 05-05-2015, 05:05 PM   #8

YEAH, Was wondering about CW in Wentzville since it was supposed to be well underway. We are having to drive to Columbia, MO for warranty work on our 2015 Sunseeker. Not happy with the dealership we used with our previous Coachman. We used them for 10 years! Since we didn't buy the Sunseeker from them, (they don't sell them), we were told first of April, they MIGHT get to us in Sept. or Oct.! Not happy, so much for customer appreciations.
UK Cards Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 05:21 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

If you can go to the grand opening celebration, I highly recommend it. We went to a grand opening here in NC a few years ago. Marcus lemonis was there. He gave away so much stuff. I'm talking one lady got a fill your shopping cart with whatever you can get in it and not pay for it type of spree. She put a new porcelain toilet in it. We got an electric tongue jack, zero gravity chair and a pillow pet for dd for a total of less than $100 thanks to the gift cards we won. He gave away a used pop up and sold a mH at cost. The list went on and on and on. Go if you can.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping