Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2015, 11:31 AM   #1
Retired

Stations Scamming RV'rs on I15 at Beaver & Scipio UT

Didn't happen to me personally even though I stopped at the Flying J in Beaver this past April.

Article says the Garage was fined $10,000.00 but I've been reading they are still at it!

MomentumGunner.com : Traveler Alert - Pilot Flying J In Scipio and Beaver, Utah

The original complaints center around a common theme. A traveler fills up at either the Scipio or Beaver Pilot Flying J - which are part of a "public/private partnership" between the State and the location - acting as a public rest stop (a perfect way to lure more people in).

Someone on foot or in a golf cart from a conveniently adjacent tire shop approaches the driver while they are filling up, and informs them of a dangerous condition they observed (often from a considerable distance away) on one or more of their tires, often going as far as to tell people that they risk serious injury or death if they continue their journey on the tires they have.

They then sell (or attempt to sell) the subject tires, shocks, and other repairs that are not needed.

2015 Palomino Sabre 33CKTS - Platinum Edition - Progressive Industries EMS HW50C - JT Strong Arm Stabilizers - Ground Control 3.0 - 320 Watt Solar with 2000 Watt Inverter
RubyDually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 03:13 PM   #2

Been there with the same experience, only it ranges from south of Salt Lake City all the way to St. George. These people are vultures and extremely pushy! I meet them and run them away from my rig before they ever get close.
jtsabush is offline   Reply With Quote