Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-05-2014, 10:29 AM   #1

steps on Class A

Has anyone else had trouble with your entrance steps? We own a 2012 Georgetown and twice the steps have broken, with the same problem both times. I'll call it a " 1/2" dia. bolt" that attaches the steps to the frame (I guess). The first time was in March of 2013 and again this November. Just glad it broke while we were parked and not on the road. They are Lippert steps.

Having only 26000 miles on the coach in just 3 years I think this is a problem either Lippert or Forest River should stand behind.

The first time the dealer replaced them but it still cost just under $200 for the, shipping, plus it's 100 mile each way (at 7 mile per gal) to Boat N RV in Hamburg, PA. That's just about the cost of the steps.

Has anyone else had a similar problem with their steps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	StepsBolt.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	172.5 KB
ID:	67138  
Juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 10:55 AM   #2

It's hard to believe there are still Georgetown owners out there that do not know about the Lippert steps issue with the infamous bolt. Querry this forum for lippert steps issues and you'll see. The units under warranty (some out of warranty) had their steps replaced by FR with Kwikee steps which FR has now gone to for production (so I understand). I like you am SOL if my bolt breaks again.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 11:35 AM   #3

No, we are not SOL. The steps will be replaced, even if we have to wait until Aug at the Rally. Sure, it will be a pain in the neck until then, but we will manage somehow.
Old 12-05-2014, 02:48 PM   #4

Get the Kwikees....then get one of these to take the load off.

Camco makes 'em and about $15 bucks on Amazon. Note...I mounted mine so that the swing is across the steps instead of a front to back orientation. My steps stay down initially as they power the the up position and the across mount insures they cannot drag or catch on anything as they are being pulled back.
This might also help you stabilize the quickees if you have to hang on to them till Goshen.
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 12:20 PM   #5

Does anyone have a design for portable steps that we can build?