Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-29-2008, 09:51 PM   #1

strange Iphone issue...

hey everyone. I just bought an Iphone 3g the other day and so far, it's got a few little bugs to work out ,but overall it's quite impressive. i got the 16gig version with the built in IPOD cause my last IPOD of only 18 months died a few weeks back. Well, here's my situation... I have an 09 flagstaff 831krss which has the built in IPOD dock. It worked fine with my last ipod which was the 80gb video. The dock charged it and would play thru the concerttone system just fine. I tried my Iphone in it today and the adapter is exactly the same as the 80gb was, it would show that it was charging but the sound would not go thru the concerttone system. I then tried plugging in a cable into the headphone jack of the IPHONE. the cable has an left and right audio and also video outputs on it. I plugged it into the inputs in the trailer below the TV and i got sound out of the camper speakers.
I'm not sure what to make out of this. I cant try my old IPOD cause it's dead, but i know the built in dock worked just 3 weeks ago just fine before it died.
The only difference that may be affecting something is the IPHONE is just a touch wider then the old IPOD so when i plug in to the camper dock I cant push the pop-out mount back into place. I cant say for sure, but i dont think it affected the IPOD with leaving it out. I[m pretty sure it still played even when you pushed on it to release it to take it off of the dock.
Does anyone have any ideas? If this isnt clear enough, let me know and i'll try to explain it a little better.

Thanks,
Erik
eandsphotography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 09:52 AM   #2

You lost me on Iphone...............

sorry no help from me. my cell is an 'el cheapo that the company pays for
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 10:16 AM   #3
Site Team

Your Iphone isn't making a connection to the dock. The difference in size is just enough to prevent it from connecting correctly to the audio connections. Sorry I don't have better news.