Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-10-2022, 09:21 AM   #21
Trailer Park Supervisor

You know that wheel that comes with the camper that attaches to the tongue jack? Can that be used to support the tongue weight, so a tractor fitted with a ball high enough just needs to have the pulling/stopping power on a somewhat level lot? Especially if hard plastic wheel is replaced with a more suitable pneumatic tire/wheel.
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 09:27 AM   #22
Mopar Guy

i have a mahindra MAX very happy with it. Never used it to move a trailer although it can (but id have to take the frame mount Backhoe off) If the land is sloped/hilly, id be very worried about the trailer pushing the tractor. That being said, you could rig up a brake controller easily.
Cost4133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 09:55 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKris View Post
You know that wheel that comes with the camper that attaches to the tongue jack? Can that be used to support the tongue weight, so a tractor fitted with a ball high enough just needs to have the pulling/stopping power on a somewhat level lot? Especially if hard plastic wheel is replaced with a more suitable pneumatic tire/wheel.
you could try
my Shamrock's jack is mounted in the a-frame well and it may take the lateral stress without bending and the rubber tire idea is good if you can find one that would work...

I had a friend weld up a ball on the front frame of my tractor that I can raise and lower onto the tractor... tongue weight about 500# My mid-size Kubota pushes the tractor into place well and I have better control with it on the front of the tractor then behind pulling the trailer

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 09:29 AM   #24

Before you buy that Bobcat, find out who manufactures it, it is not Bobcat. Todays tractor market is very tight, I have been waiting on a front loader since last September. The tractor is at the dealer with the remotes all installed, but not loader. I have a B2410 with FEL, and moved my (at the time) 274BH trailer which weighed 6400 pounds around using both the 3PH and the loader. I had a mower deck on the back for ballast and was able to lift it and move it. You need a spotter who knows what to look for when moving these big boxes so you don't hit something

When I had the 274 I parked it in the barn during the winter down a 12' aisle. I had 2' clearance on one side and a foot on the other due to a hydrant. Have to take it real slow with no sharp moves.

A B series Kubota would make the ideal tractor for you. You can get a MMM for cutting grass, has the lift capacity in the rear for 1400 pounds 24" back right where you need it. 4WD for good traction. Tough reliable diesel engine with no DPF. My B2410 is 20 years old and other than some worn front axle seals, it has been problem free. I think the seals cost me less than $80 and I replaced them myself. It is built 100% by Kubota, and cost a few grand less than a comparable Deere that is built by Deere with other manufacturers parts.

It does depend on where your nearest dealers are and how good (or bad) their service is. Since this is something you want for long term, and not a lawn mower bought from Home Depot that you toss in a few years, you want something with a good strong background with support and service available. Unlike a car, these are an investment. I bought mine in 2002 for $14K and can sell it today for $16K.

If you want to learn more about tractors like this, go to orangetractor.com.