Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2012, 04:20 AM   #1

switching to satellite ?

Greetings to All !! At the rv park that we have been staying for the last 3 months in Florida...there was a issue with the wi-fi for most of the stay (had to use the clubhouse hotspot) and they want $38 a month for cable tv use ..we currently have Comcast triple play at our house..cable,..land line.., and internet...but..looking for ideas on how to have satellite ,wifi and be mobile ..we both have verizon cell phones..(the cheaper kind ) we are trying to save money ...as much as possible.... doing this..
dretired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:22 AM   #2

Verizon sells a device that you put in your trailer and it gives you a wi-fi hot spot. The device costs to purchase and there is a monthly fee. You must be near a Verizon tower but if you get cell phone service you should be ok. As for TV, the $38 per month in not so much and it would cost that much or more for a basic TV package from Dish or DirectV and you have to get some type of dish to get the signal. I have looked at this same issue with trying to save money and I was not able to find a low cost answer. Good Luck and if you find any options, please let me know. Happy Trails
whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:25 AM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

If you had satellite at home then you could take you reciever with you.
along with a dish for no extra charge.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:56 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by whj77372 View Post
Verizon sells a device that you put in your trailer and it gives you a wi-fi hot spot. The device costs to purchase and there is a monthly fee. You must be near a Verizon tower but if you get cell phone service you should be ok. As for TV, the $38 per month in not so much and it would cost that much or more for a basic TV package from Dish or DirectV and you have to get some type of dish to get the signal. I have looked at this same issue with trying to save money and I was not able to find a low cost answer. Good Luck and if you find any options, please let me know. Happy Trails
Correct !! In fact...Verizon has used wi-fi hot spot devices for FREE (on-line ) ..It would be $50 a month for 5g.. And... i am considering the Direct TV Package 3 in Home boxes... and a rv dish.. cable ..and tri-pod..$60 a month
Old 04-27-2012, 09:59 AM   #5

Dish or Direct fot TV. MIFI for internet and either home phone connect or simply dump the home phone and increase the minutes on your cell plan.
donn is offline   Reply With Quote