Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2016, 07:22 PM   #21

Just got Home

We just returned home from that area. WE were there in August. Stayed in Sevierville at the plantation RV resort. Great resort but hated every minute of that area and Gatlinburg. What a zoo. I know it was the busy time but that place was like a Las Vegas for kids. Pigeon Forge was fairly quiet but yoiu couldn't move for all the traffic in Sevierville and Gatlinburg. What really got me was that these towns are advertised as "The quiet side on the smokies". That scared me since we were headed to the OTHER SIDE....Thank goodness Cherokee was really nice and quiet. I know I didn't answer your question but I will avoid that area in the future. It is 20 miles through the park from on side to the other. I would stay in Cherokee any day. JMHO.......

Other than that, enjoy your stay

2013 Ford F-350 SD Diesel, 4X4, Crew Cab, Lariat
Sabre 2014 32RCTS, Pullrite Superglide 2900 18K
Davidceder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 07:53 PM   #22

where to go

i agree Anchor Down is the most beautiful campground i have ever been to. Hands down. Trust me go there you will not be disappointed.
flagstaffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 05:20 AM   #23

You can check out premier rv resort. We enjoyed our stay there, it backs up to the national park and is also about 20 minutes from strip and Dollywood. The fine folks there will also share with you all the backroads to avoid all the traffic.
AandJWV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 05:39 AM   #24

Rt 321 Wears Valley RD,1/2 way to Townsend there is a C/G called "Smoker Holler" it is a good "Base Camp" if your looking for "Swimming Pool/GoCarts/PutPut/Fishing/Hot Tub",Don't Stay Here"! Base Camp! Youroo!!
Old 09-14-2016, 07:07 PM   #25

Staying in Pigeon Forge

Highly recommend River Plantation RV Resort on Hwy 441 in Seveirville Tennessee. Just spent week there and is priced right and gorgeous place alot of friendly campers and superb staff. Also they have a Lazy River pool that you float your worrys away right on site. Cant beat $34 per night. Plenty shopping anf attractions on main drag. Look it up online. Cant wait to go back Dollywood is less than 12 minutes from campground
justpassinthru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 07:14 PM   #26

Anchor Down RV Park is the nicest, but also most expensive, park I have stayed at. Top notch resort. I did a video of it if you want to see:

Old 09-14-2016, 08:43 PM   #27

To get away from traffic in Pigeon Forge I take Veterans Blvd to most places, gets me away from all that traffic. Also if I stay at River Plantation I take Old Newport Highway, it's another way to get away from traffic. That area is always crowded.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote