Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2021, 08:51 PM   #61

Can you share a pic of your sewer line and position. Maybe some solutions can be suggested.

Just the movement of the trailer can sometimes cause leakage in the valves.
Jim S JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 09:04 PM   #62

Bobby,

With all your black & grey valves, be sure to open/close them several times when they are draining so as not to get any solids caught in the slide itself; also spray silicone spray on the stainless stem leading into the valve occasionally.
Foothills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 09:12 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim S JR View Post
Can you share a pic of your sewer line and position. Maybe some solutions can be suggested.

Just the movement of the trailer can sometimes cause leakage in the valves.
Yes I can, good suggestion. Probably not until next week.

Thanks
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 09:13 PM   #64

I replaced the tank drain cap with one that has a garden hose outlet. I always unscrew the garden hose cap (with rubber gloves) before removing the cap and attaching the tank drain hose.
forestwendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 10:07 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by wszApex245 View Post
No surprise for me please. I like the additional valve but am I the only person that uses a clear cap with a hose outlet? My Valterra even has a big handle to help in the removal without grabbing a wrench. (Valterra F02-3106CL EZ Coupler Valve Cap with Handle - 3.9", Clear cap.). If I have a leaky valve, i can handle what is between the valve and the cap.
Nope, not the only one. I also have the extra valve in case one leaks (again). I just replaced both valves, so I hope I'm good for another few years.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077Y3JQXZ...roduct_details
garywilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 10:14 PM   #66
Casual Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
I'm not sure it is a thing.

I've read where folks are concerned about someone pulling the waste valves, someone pulling the hitch handle (5th wheel) someone pulling the tongue latch, someone pulling the breakaway pin, someone unplugging the 7 pin connector, someone putting down the electric stabilizers, someone stealing the TPMS sensors, someone stealing the spare tire, someone putting sand/dangerous chemicals in a gravity fresh water fill, someone stealing their license plate, etc. while traveling.

Camping is supposed to be fun.
There are an awful lot of folks worrying about things that likely will not happen.
It happened to my brother in law. Someone pulled his waste handles overnight. He got the bath.

It sure is supposed to be fun, but occasionally a jerk can spoil things.
RV - 2021 Rockwood 2608BS
Ex-tenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 04:14 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daxinarian View Post
Attachment 261965
Valterra T58 Twist-on waste valve

Walmart has them for around $25, I am sure Amazon has something similar

I think “gate” is not the right word, but at the moment I can’t think of the name of this kind of valve.
Knife gate valve here is an industrial version. https://www.engvalves.com/en-US/Prod...AaAldfEALw_wcB
dedobias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 11:08 AM   #68

Yes to all of the above .
Filterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 12:22 PM   #69

2018 REV 24TB......have a clear 45 degree extension that swivels.....can see if any valve was opened before remove cap....room enough to turn it upwards when not dumping....only take it off occasionally to clean......
Gman23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 01:22 PM   #70

I usually get a cup or two of grey water when removing the cap. I think it is because the grey tank is on the opposite side and more continues to drain from the long crossover plumbing when the vehicle tilts during operation.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 04:45 PM   #71

waste valve

The Valtera waste valve is available as a "twist on" or "weld on" PVC cement which allows you to position the T handle at any angle you wish. Solved the issue for me, I just cut the original bayonet lock off the original and solvent welded the new valve into position so I could easily open it.

RockinH Bill
2019 Silverback 37RTH
2014 Shadow LQ 3 horse select
2015 Ram Laramie DRW
2012 Kaw Concours
Rockinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 06:28 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
I'm not sure it is a thing.

I've read where folks are concerned about someone pulling the waste valves, someone pulling the hitch handle (5th wheel) someone pulling the tongue latch, someone pulling the breakaway pin, someone unplugging the 7 pin connector, someone putting down the electric stabilizers, someone stealing the TPMS sensors, someone stealing the spare tire, someone putting sand/dangerous chemicals in a gravity fresh water fill, someone stealing their license plate, etc. while traveling.

Camping is supposed to be fun.
There are an awful lot of folks worrying about things that likely will not happen.
You may might not have it happen but it does happen that is the issue.
I steal 4 spare tires.. welll they the same model as I need ... never have to buy tires again... just look for new units to borrow from.

Hitches and such ... I think some might be drivers forgetting... BUT it does happen you cut someone off they see you go to X store and go inside ... opps did that get disconnected... or they are just having a bad day and want to share the love so the pull a lever.

Catalytic converts are being stolen daily around me, they just caught a crew with over a 1000's of them in a storage container.
imjustdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 06:16 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinh View Post
The Valtera waste valve is available as a "twist on" or "weld on" PVC cement which allows you to position the T handle at any angle you wish. Solved the issue for me, I just cut the original bayonet lock off the original and solvent welded the new valve into position so I could easily open it.

If you glue on a new one, make sure you use the correct glue. They make glue specifically for ABS (black plastic), which is different from PVC (white, blue, gray).
Old 09-08-2021, 07:48 AM   #74

Happened with our new trailer. Cable operated tank valves all closed but black was leaking. Fortunately for me a slow leak so I got the stinky slinky hooked up fast. Black tank valve still leaks so I purchased one of the add on gate valves and leave it installed as others have done. I really like the waste cap with the handle that is described by a couple of people in posts above. I am going to get one of those too.
phfkef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 02:59 PM   #75

This reminds me of a movie with Robin Williams, RV. Many years ago, with our old trailer, the hose came off of the trailer and we had black water all over the pad. I'm out there will water and dish soap trying to get it into the drain and the smell away and my husband is trying to get the hose back on, which we discovered had broke. We used brooms and water to get it cleaned. Even the camp host was out there helping. We were unable to get the tiny bits of TP out of the grass but it was pretty soaked.

We went to that same park and same site a couple of weeks later. When I got out of the truck, I looked around and the tiny bits of TP were still in the grass. I told my husband, "someone must have had a problem with their blackwater tank". Wasn't going to admit it was us a couple of weeks before but lesson learned.

Letarae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 01:23 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco Bobby View Post
Yes I can, good suggestion. Probably not until next week.

Thanks
Sorry about the delay in posting photos.

We sold our house on August 30 and couldn’t settle on new house until September 10th. We had plans to explore Maryland but because of the dump issue, the new water pump failing and a couple of other issues we stayed with our daughter in between houses.

That and moving stuff into and out of storage and then into this house took a lot out of me.

My only Current Internet access is vis a weak cell phone signal. I have to wait until 9/29 to get cable.

This started out as a sh*t show and continues as one.

And then the network drops me again as I am trying to post this.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Old 01-15-2022, 02:12 PM   #77

My apologies

I intended to post photos as requested and answer questions. Between procrastination, family and personal issues I let this slip.

Had it at RV service last week. They agreed no room for Valteria valve or see thru cap. I would have to reconfigure the waste line but there is not much area to do so other that cutting through the sidewall fiberglass. I am not willing to deface the RV or spend the $$$ to come up with a workable solution if possible.

Since it has become very difficult for me to dump I will pay the local place to do it which may be less expensive than doing whatever needs to be done to make the dump pipe more accessable.

I appreciate your suggestions and advice.

Be Well.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Old 01-20-2022, 12:49 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinh View Post

the actually make a cement on one and the one you have. I have the twist on one installed on our toy hauler and somehow not knowingly ordered the cement on type for our other 5th wheel trailer. had to cut the trailers line, cement on a sleeve and then cement on the waste valve.

and you are correct these solve a lot of headaches