Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2010, 08:26 PM   #1

The good sam club

I was looking at the good sam club and since i live in canada i wondering if it would be worth my while in getting a membership. And i will be traveling into the states next year for 3 weeks, going from SD to the grand canyon and back up through yellowstone,
Kevin
TF-Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 08:45 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF-Kevin View Post
I was looking at the good sam club and since i live in canada i wondering if it would be worth my while in getting a membership. And i will be traveling into the states next year for 3 weeks, going from SD to the grand canyon and back up through yellowstone,
Kevin

If you will use mainly Good Sam canpgrounds over the 3 week sure it would be worth joining for a year. I would first check and see if any of your stops have any Good Sam campgrounds.
You can use this link to seach for ALL campgrounds and/or Just Good Sams.
RV Parks & RV Campgrounds - RV Camping Locations on Trailer Life Directory
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 05:17 AM   #3

Good Sam isn't much good anymore. When my current membership expires, I doubt if I'll rejoin. The discounts on short term CG stays are good but most places seem to give the same discount to CAA. The main problem is if you try to use their trip planning feature. It used to be good, you had control of aspects of your route. You could program the software to favour or avoid certain highways, that sort of thing. They changed the software to something much less useful that no longer has those options..
2011 6.7 Ford 1 Ton Dually
https://snowyowl.smugmug.com/
Snowyowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 09:26 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowyowl View Post
Good Sam isn't much good anymore. When my current membership expires, I doubt if I'll rejoin. The discounts on short term CG stays are good but most places seem to give the same discount to CAA. The main problem is if you try to use their trip planning feature. It used to be good, you had control of aspects of your route. You could program the software to favour or avoid certain highways, that sort of thing. They changed the software to something much less useful that no longer has those options..

Here is another great trip router that you can select roads.
http://freetrip.com/
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote