Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2020, 12:04 PM   #121

Wow, sorry that you had to put up so much crap but it sounds like you're finally at the end of the fiasco. Hope you enjoy your new camper, what did you you go with?
Luke V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 12:07 PM   #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke V View Post
Wow, sorry that you had to put up so much crap but it sounds like you're finally at the end of the fiasco. Hope you enjoy your new camper, what did you you go with?
We went with a Grand Design Transcend 30RBS. But I'll still stay on this forum.
WD4LTO
Bookumdanno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 12:39 PM   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookumdanno View Post
We went with a Grand Design Transcend 30RBS. But I'll still stay on this forum.
That's a beautiful trailer. Glad you found a replacement and are going to stay on the forum.
Old 07-31-2020, 01:23 PM   #124

I can actually say, Been there, Done that with the insurance total fiasco and the bank. Took a month before the bank received the payoff, but in my case it was the GAP insurance that took forever. One insurance company waiting on the other. I had a 2014 F150 that got totaled during icing rain. Another driver lost control and slid across the road right in front of me. Took over 2 months before the dust finally settled on that one.
Bhrava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 01:43 PM   #125
PhD, Common Sense

Our RV insurance is with Nationwide. We have had two claims with them, one on the RV (broken into), and one on our homeís roof (complete replacement due to wind damage).

Both claims proceeded smooth as glass. I highly recommend Nationwide.
eye95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 01:58 PM   #126

Nice rig, DW would be jealous of that bedroom closet.
Luke V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 04:24 PM   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhrava View Post
I can actually say, Been there, Done that with the insurance total fiasco and the bank. Took a month before the bank received the payoff, but in my case it was the GAP insurance that took forever. One insurance company waiting on the other. I had a 2014 F150 that got totaled during icing rain. Another driver lost control and slid across the road right in front of me. Took over 2 months before the dust finally settled on that one.
You mean the Ice Crystals, dont you ?
Old 07-31-2020, 04:49 PM   #128

Well freezing rain, except it wasn't freezing on the truck, nor the road, except for this one section!
Bhrava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 11:59 AM   #129

Since the theft/recovery and ultimate totaling of our camper on June 12, we have had nothing but frustrations dealing with USAA on settling the claim. USAA was given a payoff amount from the bank that was only good until July 29. Because USAA sent the check via snail mail on Jun 23, the bank did not receive the check until Aug 4th. Although it is only less than $20.00, we are responsible for this amount due to USAA's inability to process and close the claim in a timely manner. Needless to say, we have canceled our auto and home policies and closed the checking and savings accounts with USAA. And I didn't even have to do it via snail mail...LOL
WD4LTO
Bookumdanno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 06:32 PM   #130

Quote:
Since the theft/recovery and ultimate totaling of our camper on June 12, we have had nothing but frustrations dealing with USAA on settling the claim. USAA was given a payoff amount from the bank that was only good until July 29. Because USAA sent the check via snail mail on Jun 23, the bank did not receive the check until Aug 4th. Although it is only less than $20.00, we are responsible for this amount due to USAA's inability to process and close the claim in a timely manner. Needless to say, we have canceled our auto and home policies and closed the checking and savings accounts with USAA. And I didn't even have to do it via snail mail...LOL
So because the US Postal Service took nearly 5 seeks to deliver the envelope you are blaming USAA for the delay?

Ive got to tell you, Ive had USAA for over 40 years and Ive had nothing but stellar service and cooperation from them
Old 08-09-2020, 08:33 PM   #131

But In the OP 's defense, I get it why snail mail? 1/2 dozen other options, All these insurance companies are ALL FOR THEMSELVES, Doesn't matter who they are, JMO All great until they have to pay out !
Chris Pastuzyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 08:29 PM   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasReid View Post
So because the US Postal Service took nearly 5 seeks to deliver the envelope you are blaming USAA for the delay?

Ive got to tell you, Ive had USAA for over 40 years and Ive had nothing but stellar service and cooperation from them
Quote:
Very glad to see that your unfortunate situation was resolved. I donít mean to hijack this thread and donít recall how long you have been a member of USAA and/or what changes you have seen, but for the purposes of balancing out the sub issues:
I have been a member of USAA for 51+ years...Approximately 7 months after insuring my very first car, and a couple of weeks before my deployment to the scuffle in Vietnam Nam, I was run off the road by someone heading the wrong way in my direction and fled the scene...I notified them, the car was totaled, and they sent me (snail mail in those days), a check for the car and a refund of my pre paid premiums since I had paid in full. About 6 months in country, I received a letter informing me that I owed the city in which the accident took place a significant sum of money for a broken power pole, line, and power outage fees, resulting from my hitting the pole in order to avoid a head on collision. I notified USAA, thinking that they would tell me how to go about resolving this. A month or two later I received a letter from USAA informing me that they had paid the cityís claim, and had maintained my membership pending my return, at which point I was welcome to reactivate. Iíve been with them ever since. Maybe not the same company you know or have had dealings with.
Curt 17499 WDH....Hayes Sway Master
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 08:50 PM   #133
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasReid View Post
Almost 50 years here. One major claim and several smaller ones over the years and it was never a hassle and rates not raised (accident forgiveness).
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 09:49 PM   #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Pastuzyn View Post
But In the OP 's defense, I get it why snail mail? 1/2 dozen other options, All these insurance companies are ALL FOR THEMSELVES, Doesn't matter who they are, JMO All great until they have to pay out !
Once again it took 5 WEEKS for the USPS to deliver the envelope. That is NOT the fault of USAA!!!

When I first went in the service in 1969 I was not able to join USAA because I was not an officer. I was an enlisted medic who got out of the Army the day I came back from the non-war in SE Asia.

I went back in the service in 1978, 6 years later to go to Flight School and have been a member of USAA ever since. My kids and grandkids all have USAA because of my membership.

I have NOTHING bad to say about them in all that time. I know of NO other company with the reputation they enjoy!
Old 08-10-2020, 11:35 PM   #135

I checked into USAA a few years ago. At the time it had far more complaints than any of the other companies I checked so I steered clear. Could have been it had more customers but didn't want to chance it.
SKND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 12:20 PM   #136

Quote:
Uh oh. Bad move. You know you can't say bad things about USAA, right? If you even dare to bad mouth them, even if you have a legitimate complaint, the USAA mafia always comes out in force, and they do not like dissidents. This has been my experience across several forums. Curious really.

Personally, the only experience I have with them was getting quotes on homeowners and auto policies, both of which were much more expensive than competing insurance companies, so I never signed on.
GravelRider is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper