Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-29-2017, 02:16 PM   #1

Theatre seats sources

Does anyone out there have a good source for the new style theatre seating being put in fifth wheels. I would like to replace my couch in my Cedar Creek 5er with the twin theatre seats that are in many new models.

Thanks!

2016 F350 CC Dually Powerstroke 4x4
2014 Cedar Creek 34RLSA w/Level Up
2007 HD Ultra Classic 103
USS Pyro AE-24 WestPac MM2 '71-'75
SlowrideHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 08:03 PM   #2
Site Team

Post moved by site team to general discussion forum

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 08:07 PM   #3

No. Those are Lazyboy's I think.

But check out Lambright's custom rv furniture in Shipshewana area. They make almost anything for an rv furniture-wise.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 08:47 PM   #4

When replacing furniture in a RV you need to exercise a lot of caution. Not all furniture will fit! Theater seating, even theater seating designed for the RV industry typically has a larger foot print than a couch or combination couch. Installation on slides or slides passing in front of seating, or furniture on slides crunching into things are the most troubling. RV furniture tends to be a lot more compact than household furniture.

We added (replaced) theater seating in our last two units with dual reclining electric massaging heated seats. We were able to get a household unit in the first one and it was absolutely wonderful. It had a center console with all the goodies.

The second was more problematic, no width to work with. We found a new Lippert high end unit at the RV outlet store in White Pigeon MI. at a great price. It was missing the center console, it would not have fit anyway. I may attempt to make one.

What ever you do, SET IN IT, for an hour or so, if you fall asleep it's good. This stuff is not cheep. Also the backs must be removable to get it in.

The more you look it will start popping up. Camping World puts it on sale sometimes.
2017 Laredo 325RL Sold
2016 Vengeance 29V Sold
1970 Yellowstone Used as down payment for first house
FrankG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 08:45 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowrideHD View Post
Does anyone out there have a good source for the new style theatre seating being put in fifth wheels. I would like to replace my couch in my Cedar Creek 5er with the twin theatre seats that are in many new models.

Thanks!
I have a Cedar Creek 2016, 34RL model. My wife also wanted the theater seating in our unit until we found out it would not fit in the trailer. We either had to eliminate the couch or drop the theater seating when we ordered our trailer. Why, the rear wall where the chairs sit and are turn side ways when the slides are in would not accept the couch or theater seating. The slide could not be closed with either of these items sitting in that space. They are too large and would interfere with the curb side slide wall when closed.

Theater seating can be used to replace the couch and will sit in the curb slide area of the couch. But you will loose the couch and the ability to allow anyone to sleep on the pullout bed in the couch. This was a must for us since we take our grandkids camping with us once a year and we needed the bed.

This is why Cedar Creek is now offering the 34RL2 and the 34RE models that are slightly longer. These have more room for the couch to sit on the back wall with the slide to come in and pass by the furniture.
Old 08-31-2017, 09:07 AM   #6

We replaced the RV equipped theater seating with a home theater seating unit. The original was so uncomfortable that you couldn't sit in it more than 10 minutes at a time and we are not large people. A local furniture store was going out of business so we gave the owner the measurements and he found one in his warehouse for us. And the color just happened to fit the trailer decor. When it comes time to replace the trailer, the original theater seating goes back in and my higher quality unit will get moved to the next trailer.

Randy and Patty
2015 Sabre 33 CKTS-6 Platinum Edition
Reese 16K Slider hitch
2015 GMC Sierra 3500HD diesel dually
Old car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 09:57 AM   #7

We planned to replace the couch with the theatre seats and let the Lazy-boy recliners stay on the back wall. We rarely have a use for the air bed in the couch but will just toss in an air mattress for when additional sleeping arrangements are necessary. I do sort of hate to lose the under couch drawer storage, which we used for extra linens, but we have lived in the unit for a couple months at a time and seem to have plenty of unused storage still.

2016 F350 CC Dually Powerstroke 4x4
2014 Cedar Creek 34RLSA w/Level Up
2007 HD Ultra Classic 103
USS Pyro AE-24 WestPac MM2 '71-'75
SlowrideHD is offline   Reply With Quote