Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2018, 07:40 PM   #1

There are some good folks here

I joined this forum after I bought my Rockwood 233S back in 2011 or 12. I have been on and off over the years and recently I surfed here again and asked a few questions especially about my
upcoming Clarkk W.Griswold trip across America.

I want to thank everyone who answered my questions. I also wanted to lend this observation. I don't know about everyone else, but social media is turning into a cyber hell. Lol. Half my friends are political. They are just angry at the world. Everything is an outrage. It's exhausting mentally and I just only have so much capacity for the negativity.

I come here and it's fun. People talking about adventure. Folks getting super nerdy about watts, Power and amps. People helping people solve problems and giving advice on places to go and things to do. It's refreshing especially compared to Fakebook.

I still have my Roo. I keep it in great shape and under protected cover. Most of my trips are from NC to Florida especially the Keys. We camp locally in the Smokies too. On Sunday we depart for nearly 4 weeks of travel. My youngest is 17. Part of the trip I am reliving my big family trip of 1980. Three years ago both my parents passed on and I think about how my dad's legacy of camping across America lives on through me and how I am passing it down to my kids.

So, got my brand new Endurance load range D tires. I just finished waxing the Roo with Collinites Marine wax. I bought a Yamaha Generator/inverter and converted all my interior lighting to LED. Got my Tundra ready to tow and now I wait for departure date. I want to thank you guys for your advice and wisdom.

Thanks again and happy trails to you all this summer and fall.
Smokyroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 07:44 PM   #2

Enjoy the journey!
cstrunk5040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 08:21 PM   #3
Coach

Have fun out there. I agree with you completely. This place is probably my favorite hang out on the web. No politics, just fun stories of friends and families. Mix in a little problem solving and advice, and I can always find something I want to read. Happy camping everyone.

2017 Sandpiper 381RBOK
2006 Ram 3500 Cummins Dually
valleyduo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 08:30 PM   #4

Here’s hoping you make lots of memories. Kids and camping doesn’t get any better. My DW reads yahoo and gets all excited, me I just look at her with a dumb look.
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 08:43 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

I agree! I've learned a LOT of things in here from folks!!

I also fear we've lost the art of civil debate and critical thinking in America. What happened to having a viewpoint and gently and kindly expressing that to another person? What happened to the Golden Rule? Recently, there's a new move by mostly younger folks to leave their political party because they are fed up with the insults, personal attacks, and utter hatred.

Like Grandma used to say, "Don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see"
8-year Travel Trailer RVers
2013 Forest River Rockwood Ultra-Lite 2904SS
2014 Toyota Tundra Maxcrew SR-5 TRD 4x4 (with Firestone airbags in the rear)
ColoradoRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 08:47 PM   #6

George Washington's farewell address admonished us all to NEVER establish political parties. Sadly, we didn't listen.

There ARE good folks here. Tons of them. Helpful to us dummies, in spades.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 08:53 PM   #7

When I found this crowd, I left Facebook nearly completely. DW complains I obsess over our camper, but I'm not obsessing over many things I used too.
1995 GMC Yukon Sport
1986 Jayco1016PUP
Days Camped:'13-10 '14-20 '15-6 '16-9 '17-14 '18-3 '19-12 '20-14 '21-12
XenoRev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 01:07 PM   #8

DH and I don't come from camping families. We started some 40 years ago to facilitate cheaper travel. Our son grew up camping and loves it. He and his wife were hardy tenters until 3 years ago when DH and I bought them an old but well maintained small class C. DS is a mechanic and DIL is a talented decorator and seamstress. They have turned a 40 year old Glendale into a dollhouse that turns heads on every trip. We now have a 2 year old granddaughter who loves camping. They are in the USA this week for a Legends race in Evan's Mills near Watertown NY. We're confident that the seeds for generation 3 are planted and developing! Have a great trip and pass your parents' lessons on to those kids.

Phil, Heather & Olaf the Boxer
Ontario Canada
Lexington 283GTS
oldsmasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 03:30 PM   #9

Since you like fun and if you haven't yet, go look at some pf wmTires stuff!

Toad 2015 Toyota Tacoma
Tbonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 12:38 AM   #10

Good People here

Best and most instructive forum I've found.

All the best to all you great people.

Cheers

amblt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 06:02 AM   #11
NH Maple Maker

Smokyroo you are right, there are a lot of good people here that are ready to help a fellow RVer in need. I've learned a lot since I've been here and also pass on my knowledge when I can. Enjoy your upcoming camping trip. If you have any problems while you're out on the road we're here to help.

It's the same with the maple syrup people. We all do the same thing but everybody has their own way of doing it. Every producer from 50 taps to many thousands is willing to readily pass on info to anyone who wants to know something.

This is one of the best moderated forums on the "net". We owe a big "thank you" to the mods for keeping the spam and politics out of it.

2014 V Cross VIBE 822VRBS

2017 Silverado 1500 crew cab 4x4
russhd1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 06:07 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by russhd1997 View Post
Smokyroo you are right, there are a lot of good people here that are ready to help a fellow RVer in need. I've learned a lot since I've been here and also pass on my knowledge when I can. Enjoy your upcoming camping trip. If you have any problems while you're out on the road we're here to help.

It's the same with the maple syrup people. We all do the same thing but everybody has their own way of doing it. Every producer from 50 taps to many thousands is willing to readily pass on info to anyone who wants to know something.

This is one of the best moderated forums on the "net". We owe a big "thank you" to the mods for keeping the spam and politics out of it.
OK, wait!!! Maple syrup??? You said maple syrup?

I like maple syrup. I use it on salmon too. You got some? You make this stuff? You need yours independently tested??? I can test it.

Just sayin'........

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 06:57 AM   #13

Kudos to you Smokyroo, you are SO RIGHT about the social media stigma in this world today. I like you come here just about everyday to learn a thing or 2 & to read about good people's adventures & some misadventures, LOL. Happy trails on your new roads ahead & may you find many new friendly adventures along the way.
zippersbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 06:18 PM   #14
NH Maple Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
OK, wait!!! Maple syrup??? You said maple syrup?

I like maple syrup. I use it on salmon too. You got some? You make this stuff? You need yours independently tested??? I can test it.

Just sayin'........
Yes I do make maple syrup. That's my between seasons hobby. I made 191.5 gallons of it this year which is enough to keep my shelves stocked year round. If you were to come up here in late March for our annual open house weekend there would be maple syrup and other goodies to sample.

I entered my syrup in a blind taste test with five other producers. My syrup was the unanimous winner!

2014 V Cross VIBE 822VRBS

2017 Silverado 1500 crew cab 4x4
russhd1997 is offline   Reply With Quote