Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-16-2017, 11:53 AM   #2321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowracer View Post
Can we please let go of this Dodge/Ram/Ford/Chevy crap. Or at least take it to a separate thread?

Nobody is gonna convince anyone that a particular truck brand is good if they think its junk, and nobody is gonna convince anyone that a particular brand is junk if they think its good.

As that blond chick in the movie with the talking snowman in it said... "let it go"

Tim
X2(I second that) Good point( point: an idea that you try to make other people accept or understand)
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 12:17 PM   #2322

Quote:
Can we please let go of this Dodge/Ram/Ford/Chevy crap. Or at least take it to a separate thread?

Nobody is gonna convince anyone that a particular truck brand is good if they think its junk, and nobody is gonna convince anyone that a particular brand is junk if they think its good.

As that blond chick in the movie with the talking snowman in it said... "let it go"

Tim
Amen! A lot of high and mighty comments also
Santini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 12:27 PM   #2323
geezer with gadgets

Quote:

Tim
You owe me a new laptop! I laughed so hard I spit soda all over the thing!!!

Sent from my Atari 2600
2011 Sunseeker 3170ds "Ladybug"
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee TOAD
Days camped 2015: 37; 2016: 66; 2017: 86 2018: 57 2019: 30
757Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 12:57 PM   #2324

Quote:
Originally Posted by railroaderone View Post
Thier the sights on a scope to help take out ford's and chevy
Ram has to take them out that was as their technology and stats has poor Ram back in the dust. They do make fantastic grocery getters for a soccor mom though.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 01:04 PM   #2325

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
This would be more of things you don't want to hear in an RV Park. It's kinda like screeching chalk on a blackboard. My apologies to any bagpipers on this forum but I hate the sound of a bagpipe.

Attachment 141612

That's funny. I play NA flute. Once I was sitting in a campground in Germany, outside the caravan, playing my flute. I got some serious weird looks...you would think these people had never heard a flute before.
seagrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 01:18 PM   #2326

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagrace View Post
That's funny. I play NA flute. Once I was sitting in a campground in Germany, outside the caravan, playing my flute. I got some serious weird looks...you would think these people had never heard a flute before.
I'm more taken back by the trailers/RVs stacked side-by-side.........it looks like a parking lot........not my idea of a campground.

2017 GMC SLT HD All Terrain Crew Cab (6' 6" Box) 2012 Roo 23SS
E2 Trunnion WDH (1,000 lb / 10,000 lb)
Dave Lyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 01:23 PM   #2327

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
I guess some folks just don't like the mass produced units so they go with a custom unit.
Don't have a picture but this reminds me of rig I see a lot. They have a slide in truck camper mounted on flat bed trailer long enough to have storage under what would normally be over cab bunk and space at rear for patio area. If I see this year will take picture and try to post.
packrat48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 01:38 PM   #2328

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170522_200541.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	141647
This was a nice rainbow over our Creek at a park about a month ago.
5er - 2013 Cedar Creek 36CKTS Classic Champagne Touring Edition
Stevemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 02:00 PM   #2329

Here's my funny story. This happened some time ago and it still cracks me up.
We had arrived at our campground for some needed relaxing time when another pop-up camper family pulled into next to us (no problem) they must have had four kids pile out of their camper (again no problem). So as campers usually do mom and dad got to setting up and the kids hurried around waiting for the go play command.
Mom and dad did a great job with setting things up and finally give the kids the command to go play so they could have a little quite time. After the kids took off mom and dad disappeared into the camper, well in their haste they had forgotten to put down the legs on the back of the camper. This would have been their side of the camper. I can only assume things where going splendidly because of what happened next.
We where all sitting by the fire having a beer when all of the sudden the pop up tips up on the back side and dad comes popping out from the canvas (naked of course) and the camper slams back down to the ground. Again being they must have experience with kids intruding they had locked the camper door. Poor old dad couldn't get that door open fast enough.
There was no way all of us could not laugh because it was just funny, we did not heckle or applaud just laughed a bit.
It must have been to much for them because shortly after things calmed down mom went and got the kids, dad packed the camper and off they went. Felt bad for them that they felt the need to depart, we know where them four kids came from after all.
Sparke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 02:16 PM   #2330

That is so funny. LOL...
Wobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 02:25 PM   #2331

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparke View Post
We had arrived at our campground for some needed relaxing time when another pop-up camper family pulled into next to us (no problem) they must have had four kids pile out of their camper (again no problem). So as campers usually do mom and dad got to setting up and the kids hurried around waiting for the go play command.
Mom and dad did a great job with setting things up and finally give the kids the command to go play so they could have a little quite time. After the kids took off mom and dad disappeared into the camper, well in their haste they had forgotten to put down the legs on the back of the camper. This would have been their side of the camper. I can only assume things where going splendidly because of what happened next.
We where all sitting by the fire having a beer when all of the sudden the pop up tips up on the back side and dad comes popping out from the canvas (naked of course) and the camper slams back down to the ground. Again being they must have experience with kids intruding they had locked the camper door. Poor old dad couldn't get that door open fast enough.
There was no way all of us could not laugh because it was just funny, we did not heckle or applaud just laughed a bit.
It must have been to much for them because shortly after things calmed down mom went and got the kids, dad packed the camper and off they went. Felt bad for them that they felt the need to depart, we know where them four kids came from after all.

I gotta check that out....there's always someone around our CG.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 02:47 PM   #2332

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Lyon View Post
I'm more taken back by the trailers/RVs stacked side-by-side.........it looks like a parking lot........not my idea of a campground.
It’s not a campground, it’s an RV park. The reason it looks so crowded is every site has a snowbird in it. No one in this park is here to camp, they come here for the warm weather, the beach, and the camaraderie of other RVers . While the sites are close together, it’s not nearly as bad as it looks. Here’s a picture of one of the RV sites after the snowbirds began departing for their northern homes. You can get a better idea of the spacing if you look at the RVs in the background of this picture.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0400_1.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	141653

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 03:02 PM   #2333

Makes sense Bob......certainly less crowded in your photo.

2017 GMC SLT HD All Terrain Crew Cab (6' 6" Box) 2012 Roo 23SS
E2 Trunnion WDH (1,000 lb / 10,000 lb)
Dave Lyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 04:29 PM   #2334

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
It’s not a campground, it’s an RV park. The reason it looks so crowded is every site has a snowbird in it. No one in this park is here to camp, they come here for the warm weather, the beach, and the camaraderie of other RVers . While the sites are close together, it’s not nearly as bad as it looks. Here’s a picture of one of the RV sites after the snowbirds began departing for their northern homes. You can get a better idea of the spacing if you look at the RVs in the background of this picture.

Attachment 141653
Where is this? What rv park?
Santini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 05:52 PM   #2335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santini View Post
Where is this? What rv park?
Island Retreat RV Park in Gulf Shores, AL.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 06:53 PM   #2336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_and_Abby View Post
Bagpipe music is somewhat like Single Malt Scotch, an acquired taste; although Jeff professes to like it, he also states that it tastes like something between Fermented Peat Moss, and *** THIS POST HAS BEEN REDACTED BY THE DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY ***

I didn't have anything to do with that
Full Time in the Summer, soon
Part Time in the Winter
Days Camped, Not Enough
CZNEDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 07:43 PM   #2337

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZNEDY View Post
I didn't have anything to do with that
Typical dot-gov, deny deny deny [emoji1]
Old 06-16-2017, 07:54 PM   #2338

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwannacamp View Post
X2(I second that) Good point( point: an idea that you try to make other people accept or understand)
aka... rightist opinions. Encounter that on another thread often.
Nights camped: ‘18 - 27, ‘19 - 27, ‘20 - 30, ‘21 - 49

twohand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 07:56 PM   #2339

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagrace View Post
Now... if you had broken out a tuba or accordion, all would have been good and the beer would have flowed freely.

Old 06-16-2017, 08:03 PM   #2340

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparke View Post
I would have taken a bow, put the legs down, then gotten back into the camper to finish what I started. It's the great outdoors, is it not?