Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2018, 12:27 PM   #4221
Senior Member
 
rracer5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Full Timing It
Posts: 3,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Saw this pulling out of our campground this morning.

Attachment 162325

Truck pulling fifth wheel and flat towing a smart car. I actually know of another fellow who is flat towing a Jeep behind his setup but I never got to see it all hitched up.
Thousand Trails, Orlando?
__________________
"PT Crew Members Since 9/2010"
2011 RAM 2500 HD 6.7L CTD Crew
2014 Prime Time Sanibel 3250
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 02:11 PM   #4222
Always Learning
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Four Corners, FL
Posts: 21,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by rracer5 View Post
Thousand Trails, Orlando?

Yep.
__________________
Officially a SOB with a 2022 Jayco Precept 36C
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | Was a Fulltime Family for 5 years, now we're part-timing on long trips
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 02:52 PM   #4223
Senior Member
 
rracer5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Full Timing It
Posts: 3,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
And, then thereís this. This is the noon lineup for check-in for first-come/first-serve sites. They donít allow you to arrive before noon so everyone stages at nearby parking lots and flood the park at noon.

What you canít see is the 1/2 mile road to the gate is also filled with RVs.

Attachment 162326

Personally, last week we hung out in the Walmart parking lot until 1pm and took a left-over site. No rush, no waiting, and we got shopping and lunch out of the way!

Personally, I think this is an unreasonable "rule" just for that dangerous reason (having rigs lined up along a major highway). Although, I can understand the need for setting a time for the RV'ers to check out so that there is room for the incoming Rv'ers but, hey!!, the resort should know how many open sites they're going to have open that day. So, they should be able to "check-in" X amount of arrivals with the caveat that their assigned site MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE YET, and they may have to wait (maybe in the storage area) until their site is vacated but, at least they would be OFF the main highway hopefully.

We were there last year in the OFF season (May) & still had to wait a half hour to check in even though the park was 3/4 empty and there were only 2 of us waiting to check in.....with reservations!!!

I understand that this resort is very popular due to is' close proximity to Disney & Universal but, to have line up along a half mile entry road and "spill" out onto a 3 lane major highway is totally rediculous!
__________________
"PT Crew Members Since 9/2010"
2011 RAM 2500 HD 6.7L CTD Crew
2014 Prime Time Sanibel 3250
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 02:59 PM   #4224
Senior Member
 
ben31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Middle GA
Posts: 1,288
Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
And, then thereís this. This is the noon lineup for check-in for first-come/first-serve sites. They donít allow you to arrive before noon so everyone stages at nearby parking lots and flood the park at noon.

What you canít see is the 1/2 mile road to the gate is also filled with RVs.

Attachment 162326

Personally, last week we hung out in the Walmart parking lot until 1pm and took a left-over site. No rush, no waiting, and we got shopping and lunch out of the way!
Nope, won't do it. When flying, I won't fly Southwest for this same reason. Not worth the hassle. There are other places, which take reservations.
__________________
Ben and Doreen
Home Away From Home - 2017 PT Crusader 315RST
TV - 2016 Ram 3500 Laramie 4X4 6.7 Cummins Diesel
Never Enough Time Camping!!
ben31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 03:40 PM   #4225
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 4,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Saw this pulling out of our campground this morning.

Attachment 162325

Truck pulling fifth wheel and flat towing a smart car. I actually know of another fellow who is flat towing a Jeep behind his setup but I never got to see it all hitched up.
I prefer to carry the Smart on the truck, that truck really does not have the room for it, also that puts the overall length over legal limit.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 03:42 PM   #4226
Senior Member
 
Iwannacamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 7,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben31 View Post
Nope, won't do it. When flying, I won't fly Southwest for this same reason. Not worth the hassle. There are other places, which take reservations.
I feel you. I think there is something wrong with "the system" when this starts to happen. I would guess there isn't enough campground availability, but I guess that's a given.
__________________
2017 Puma 297RLSS
2005 Ram 2500 4X4 diesel SMOKER!!
I love puns, irony and tasteless jokes...
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 04:01 PM   #4227
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 10,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by rracer5 View Post
Personally, I think this is an unreasonable "rule" just for that dangerous reason (having rigs lined up along a major highway). Although, I can understand the need for setting a time for the RV'ers to check out so that there is room for the incoming Rv'ers but, hey!!, the resort should know how many open sites they're going to have open that day. So, they should be able to "check-in" X amount of arrivals with the caveat that their assigned site MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE YET, and they may have to wait (maybe in the storage area) until their site is vacated but, at least they would be OFF the main highway hopefully.

We were there last year in the OFF season (May) & still had to wait a half hour to check in even though the park was 3/4 empty and there were only 2 of us waiting to check in.....with reservations!!!

I understand that this resort is very popular due to is' close proximity to Disney & Universal but, to have line up along a half mile entry road and "spill" out onto a 3 lane major highway is totally rediculous!
And how much they soaking you a night for that privilege? What a joke
__________________
Coachmen M/H
Concord
2018 / 300 DSC

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 06:24 PM   #4228
Who Dares, Wins
 
doc73's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Chester County, PA
Posts: 6,871
Must have changed how they run the ship. We were there in November 2014 and we rolled right in. We did have reservations though. As for cost (Witch Doctor) we pay $450 a year for unlimited camping in the TT network anywhere in the US. So it works.
__________________

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 07:44 PM   #4229
Always Learning
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Four Corners, FL
Posts: 21,320
Things you see in an RV Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by rracer5 View Post
Personally, I think this is an unreasonable "rule" just for that dangerous reason (having rigs lined up along a major highway). Although, I can understand the need for setting a time for the RV'ers to check out so that there is room for the incoming Rv'ers but, hey!!, the resort should know how many open sites they're going to have open that day. So, they should be able to "check-in" X amount of arrivals with the caveat that their assigned site MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE YET, and they may have to wait (maybe in the storage area) until their site is vacated but, at least they would be OFF the main highway hopefully.



We were there last year in the OFF season (May) & still had to wait a half hour to check in even though the park was 3/4 empty and there were only 2 of us waiting to check in.....with reservations!!!



I understand that this resort is very popular due to is' close proximity to Disney & Universal but, to have line up along a half mile entry road and "spill" out onto a 3 lane major highway is totally rediculous!

The problem is, it is a first come, first serve park. Before they instituted the noon check-in and started escorting people to their sites, the campers behaved incredibly poorly: lots of shouting matches and rumors of actual punches being thrown (donít know how true that was) over who claimed ďdibsĒ to a site first. People would drive the wrong way on one-way roads and even across campsites/grass to get the best spots.

And yes- super dumb that they do this in the off season. It mattered more in the past when there were limited number of sought-after 50amp sites. But now that theyíve done major upgrades the last 2 years, thatís much less of an issue. Now people vie for the sites with 50amp AND the bigger trees in the summer!
__________________
Officially a SOB with a 2022 Jayco Precept 36C
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | Was a Fulltime Family for 5 years, now we're part-timing on long trips
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 07:45 PM   #4230
Always Learning
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Four Corners, FL
Posts: 21,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwannacamp View Post
I feel you. I think there is something wrong with "the system" when this starts to happen. I would guess there isn't enough campground availability, but I guess that's a given.

Thereís plenty of availability each day- people just want to be ďfirstĒ in selecting the first come/first serve sites.

I waited until 1pm to head over last week and the craziness had passed and we had our choice of 4-5 sites that fit our big rig. The one we took is a great site back in the corner.
__________________
Officially a SOB with a 2022 Jayco Precept 36C
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | Was a Fulltime Family for 5 years, now we're part-timing on long trips
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 07:48 PM   #4231
Always Learning
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Four Corners, FL
Posts: 21,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
And how much they soaking you a night for that privilege? What a joke

I pay $395/year for dues for unlimited nights in the TT system. With it and a $200 add-on, Iíve been in the system since mid-December non-stop and will be in it until April 3rd minus 1-week at a city park.

And then Iíll probably do 6-8 weeks at other TT parks this summer.

Overall, with the nights I have used and planned- Iím at under $15/night this year.
__________________
Officially a SOB with a 2022 Jayco Precept 36C
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | Was a Fulltime Family for 5 years, now we're part-timing on long trips
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 07:48 PM   #4232
Always Learning
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Four Corners, FL
Posts: 21,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
Must have changed how they run the ship. We were there in November 2014 and we rolled right in. We did have reservations though. As for cost (Witch Doctor) we pay $450 a year for unlimited camping in the TT network anywhere in the US. So it works.


Yup. I think it changed for the winter season of 2015/16.
__________________
Officially a SOB with a 2022 Jayco Precept 36C
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | Was a Fulltime Family for 5 years, now we're part-timing on long trips
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 10:21 PM   #4233
Who Dares, Wins
 
doc73's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Chester County, PA
Posts: 6,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Yup. I think it changed for the winter season of 2015/16.
So no reservations at all anymore or just for the winter months?
__________________

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:02 PM   #4234
Always Learning
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Four Corners, FL
Posts: 21,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
So no reservations at all anymore or just for the winter months?

You have reservations always.

Itís always been first come, first served.

Back pre-2013, they used to have a magnetic board in the front office that showed the state of all of the sites and you picked your site from the board. In 2014 and maybe 2015, it turned into a free for all (arrive any time and act poorly to get the site you want). In 2016, they instituted the noon check-in and escort each rig to sites.
__________________
Officially a SOB with a 2022 Jayco Precept 36C
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | Was a Fulltime Family for 5 years, now we're part-timing on long trips
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 01:03 AM   #4235
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 10,907
Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
You have reservations always.

It’s always been first come, first served.


Back pre-2013, they used to have a magnetic board in the front office that showed the state of all of the sites and you picked your site from the board. In 2014 and maybe 2015, it turned into a free for all (arrive any time and act poorly to get the site you want). In 2016, they instituted the noon check-in and escort each rig to sites.
Are you saying everyone has reservations, but they are fighting over specific sites?

If so, why don't the owners simply assign sites like most other places? You check in, they tell you what site to go to.
__________________
1988 Coleman Sequoia - popup (1987-2009) - outlasted 3 Dodge Grand Caravans!
2012 Roo19 - hybrid (2012-2015)

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 01:40 AM   #4236
Always Learning
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Four Corners, FL
Posts: 21,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
Are you saying everyone has reservations, but they are fighting over specific sites?

If so, why don't the owners simply assign sites like most other places? You check in, they tell you what site to go to.

Ohhh, thatís a mortal sin in the eyes of many Thousand Trails members. That would wreak more hell and havoc if TT tried. Tar, feathers, pitchforks, and angry mobs.

Seriously, if you want to have fun- go suggest that on the unofficial TT group on Facebook. I can only imagine it now.

Personally, I have no idea why this is a terrible thing nor really care either way. First come, first served or assigned spots- it all works for me!
__________________
Officially a SOB with a 2022 Jayco Precept 36C
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | Was a Fulltime Family for 5 years, now we're part-timing on long trips
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 07:40 AM   #4237
Who Dares, Wins
 
doc73's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Chester County, PA
Posts: 6,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Ohhh, thatís a mortal sin in the eyes of many Thousand Trails members. That would wreak more hell and havoc if TT tried. Tar, feathers, pitchforks, and angry mobs.

Seriously, if you want to have fun- go suggest that on the unofficial TT group on Facebook. I can only imagine it now.

Personally, I have no idea why this is a terrible thing nor really care either way. First come, first served or assigned spots- it all works for me!
Especially on the busy weekends.. Nothing like the tent or popup taking the 50amp pull through while the diesel pusher needs to fit in a popup site..

We stayed in VA last summer where they assigned a site. If you did not have a reservation they did not even let you in. First time experienced that.
__________________

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 07:44 AM   #4238
Senior Member
 
CZNEDY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Up and down the east coast
Posts: 2,351
Saw this one at a rest stop in RI yesterdayClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1407.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	329.8 KB
ID:	162380
__________________
2020 S.O.B.
2016 Jeep Wrangler 75th and a
Cooler full of good ideas
Full Time in the Summer, soon
Part Time in the Winter
Days Camped, Not Enough
CZNEDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 08:00 AM   #4239
Georgia Rally Coordinator
 
aceinspp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: GA
Posts: 21,001
Saw this one at Coastal RV resort cg in FL. Later RJD
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	img_4592.jpg
Views:	825
Size:	400.6 KB
ID:	162383  
__________________
2020 Shasta Phoenix SPF 27RKSS
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing. Traded 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-18 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 08:32 AM   #4240
Senior Member
 
CZNEDY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Up and down the east coast
Posts: 2,351
Daytona Pictures on the way

We will be on the infield @ Daytona this weekend. I will be posting lost of pictures of the sights we see in the. ehmmm "campground". Stay Tuned!
__________________
2020 S.O.B.
2016 Jeep Wrangler 75th and a
Cooler full of good ideas
Full Time in the Summer, soon
Part Time in the Winter
Days Camped, Not Enough
CZNEDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:39 PM.