Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2018, 03:41 PM   #4681
Always Learning
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Four Corners, FL
Posts: 21,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
Didn't see this in an RV park, but I'd like to. 1922.
I don't know if it's exactly the same thing, but those pictures reminded me of what Humboldt State Park in California has on display. I can't believe I don't have a picture of the outside.

Here's the inside, though.







Ancient Redwoods RV Park has a tree-truck, but it isn't an RV:

__________________
2018 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/long bed/4x4/4.10 gears pulling a 2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | Was a Fulltime Family for 5 years, now we're settlin' down for a spell
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 04:19 PM   #4682
Senior Member
 
dbledan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: KS
Posts: 2,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
I don't know if it's exactly the same thing, but those pictures reminded me of what Humboldt State Park in California has on display. I can't believe I don't have a picture of the outside.

Here's the inside, though.







Ancient Redwoods RV Park has a tree-truck, but it isn't an RV:

They are not RVs...they are log homes
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 04:32 PM   #4683
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 10,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbledan View Post
They are not RVs...they are log homes
No, they were tree houses
__________________
Coachmen M/H
Concord
2018 / 300 DSC

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 05:23 PM   #4684
Senior Member
 
Zoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Maryland
Posts: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
I think I follow them on Instagram... where'd you see that? I love the matching paint on the trailer!
Pandion Ridge RV Resort in Orange Beach Alabama. I talked to them today and they did most of the work themselves!
__________________
2015 XLR 29HFS Toy Hauler
2016 Ford F250 Lariat Crew Cab FX4 Power Stroke
2007 Harley Softail Deluxe
2005 Victory Vegas
Zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 05:28 PM   #4685
Senior Member
 
BandJCarm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Between Pickles Gap and Toad Suck, AR
Posts: 6,070
Where? I'm here/there now. Headed to the clubhouse in an hour. They still here?
__________________
"Next to prayer, fishing is the most personal relationship of man" Herbert Hoover
"American by Birth, Southern by the Grace of God"Lewis Grizzard

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 05:31 PM   #4686
Senior Member
 
BandJCarm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Between Pickles Gap and Toad Suck, AR
Posts: 6,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
Pandion Ridge RV Resort in Orange Beach Alabama. I talked to them today and they did most of the work themselves!
Hope that's not the guy I talked to in the clubhouse around noon. He had an "older MH" and when he plugged in, "It Went Poof", his words. He was buying a new 30 amp plug-end. I tried to explain best I could and help where I could. He said he was a 'newbie full timer'. I bet it's same guy. I hope it worked out. I told him to A) buy a P.I. EMS system and B) get professional help if there was ANY electrical issues he wasn't sure he could fix.
__________________
"Next to prayer, fishing is the most personal relationship of man" Herbert Hoover
"American by Birth, Southern by the Grace of God"Lewis Grizzard

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 05:41 PM   #4687
Senior Member
 
Zoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Maryland
Posts: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
Hope that's not the guy I talked to in the clubhouse around noon. He had an "older MH" and when he plugged in, "It Went Poof", his words. He was buying a new 30 amp plug-end. I tried to explain best I could and help where I could. He said he was a 'newbie full timer'. I bet it's same guy. I hope it worked out. I told him to A) buy a P.I. EMS system and B) get professional help if there was ANY electrical issues he wasn't sure he could fix.
He was working on a plug when I was talking to him. I believe he is in site 75 and is still there. I'm in 51.
__________________
2015 XLR 29HFS Toy Hauler
2016 Ford F250 Lariat Crew Cab FX4 Power Stroke
2007 Harley Softail Deluxe
2005 Victory Vegas
Zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 05:52 PM   #4688
Senior Member
 
BandJCarm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Between Pickles Gap and Toad Suck, AR
Posts: 6,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
He was working on a plug when I was talking to him. I believe he is in site 75 and is still there. I'm in 51.
I'll go look. I'm in 107. Other side of the world. LOL
__________________
"Next to prayer, fishing is the most personal relationship of man" Herbert Hoover
"American by Birth, Southern by the Grace of God"Lewis Grizzard

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 03:09 PM   #4689
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: North of Seattle, WA
Posts: 13,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
you can drive behind him if you want, but me NO THANK YOU.

Driving behind people, regardless of what they have on the back of their rig is no big deal ---------- as long as you stay far enough behind them that you can react to whatever they drop off in the road. Even vehicles with NOTHING tied to the back can have things fall off. Most common is a huge chunk of tire tread that suddenly appears in the road.

Problem with most drivers is that they just can't control the urge to get as close as they can to vehicles in front of them. Afraid someone will take that space away from them I guess.
__________________
"A wise man can change his mind. A fool never will."

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2004 Nissan Titan
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 03:13 PM   #4690
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 10,421
Ah jeez you figured me out, I need to stop my bad habits.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forest River Forums mobile app
__________________
Coachmen M/H
Concord
2018 / 300 DSC

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 07:18 PM   #4691
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
I'll bet a dollar there are only 2 people living it!
I went to the website out of curiosity (ok ok and yes to envy and drool) Almost all of these no matter the length were only one bedroom and one bathroom. I am sure there were some sofas that fold out for a bed (but who wants to be relegated to sleeping in living space where everyone is once they're awake?) Most of them have residential dining sets, not fold downs for beds. There are some with an extra room but the standard layout for that room is an office, with built in desks. One actually had a second bedroom with a bathroom, a couple of them have a bunk unit that sort of closes off. But for the most part these things seem made for two people with a lot of change behind the sofa cushions.
tlspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 07:42 PM   #4692
Senior Member
 
Campingnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Carstairs Alberta Canada
Posts: 312
If I remember right, and correct me if I am wrong. Spacecraft started out making trailers for carnival people, so making a trailer for lots of people should still be in their wheel house, so anything is possible when it is made by them.
__________________
Tim and Bev
2013 Cedar Creek 34RLSA gone trying to find my way back, Magnum 2800w inverter, 560w of solar.
2020 F-350
Campingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 08:06 PM   #4693
Senior Member
 
Bluepill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Pensacola, FL
Posts: 1,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlspencer View Post
I went to the website out of curiosity (ok ok and yes to envy and drool) Almost all of these no matter the length were only one bedroom and one bathroom. I am sure there were some sofas that fold out for a bed (but who wants to be relegated to sleeping in living space where everyone is once they're awake?) Most of them have residential dining sets, not fold downs for beds. There are some with an extra room but the standard layout for that room is an office, with built in desks. One actually had a second bedroom with a bathroom, a couple of them have a bunk unit that sort of closes off. But for the most part these things seem made for two people with a lot of change behind the sofa cushions.
Gotta leave room for when the pole dance quintet plus one shows up.

See what I did there?
__________________
2019 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2015 T12RBST Flagstaff Hardside

Disclaimer: The actual value of my "Two Cents" of advice varies just like a bitcoin.
Bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 09:12 PM   #4694
Senior Member
 
coupevillefish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Coupeville, WA
Posts: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluepill View Post
Gotta leave room for when the pole dance quintet plus one shows up.

See what I did there?
Did you see THAT in an RV park? 😎
coupevillefish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 09:46 PM   #4695
Senior Member
 
BigWil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlspencer View Post
I went to the website out of curiosity (ok ok and yes to envy and drool) Almost all of these no matter the length were only one bedroom and one bathroom. I am sure there were some sofas that fold out for a bed (but who wants to be relegated to sleeping in living space where everyone is once they're awake?) Most of them have residential dining sets, not fold downs for beds. There are some with an extra room but the standard layout for that room is an office, with built in desks. One actually had a second bedroom with a bathroom, a couple of them have a bunk unit that sort of closes off. But for the most part these things seem made for two people with a lot of change behind the sofa cushions.
I checked out the site in detail when the wife and I were talking about getting some land and dropping an RV on it for a couple years. (I spent more time than I should have, but insomnia) They seemed to be very willing to make a trailer to any design requested. So, if you have the entrance fee, I'm pretty sure you can have a 2 bed, 2 bath monster RV.
__________________
2016 Ram Rebel
2018 Coachmen Freedom Express 248RBS

2017 - 16 nights
2018 - 31 nights
2019 - 0 So far
BigWil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 06:22 AM   #4696
Senior Member
 
old40ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWil View Post
I checked out the site in detail when the wife and I were talking about getting some land and dropping an RV on it for a couple years. (I spent more time than I should have, but insomnia) They seemed to be very willing to make a trailer to any design requested. So, if you have the entrance fee, I'm pretty sure you can have a 2 bed, 2 bath monster RV.
Like the saying goes, "money can buy anything but love"
__________________
Retired Auto body teacher
2021 Arctic Wolf 3550 Suite
2019 F-250 Lariat Super Crew 6.2
Having lots of Fun traveling with my wife
old40ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 06:25 AM   #4697
Senior Member
 
CAT-RN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 7,318
Money sure help on the “love” part!! Guy won the lottery and found his true love two days later!!

Russell
CAT-RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 06:55 AM   #4698
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 557
Cheaha State Park Campground. I don't know if they found Big Foot yet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180211_095111.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	164650  
Sierra360PDEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 07:26 AM   #4699
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 14,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT-RN View Post
Money sure help on the “love” part!! Guy won the lottery and found his true love two days later!!

Russell
Money can't buy your Youth when your Old,a Friend when your lonely or a Love that's grown Cold! Bob Dylan! Youroo!!
__________________
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 07:30 AM   #4700
Georgia Rally Coordinator
 
aceinspp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: GA
Posts: 20,349
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
Didn't see this in an RV park, but I'd like to. 1922.
You want to see some neat and early RVs go visit the RV hall of fame museum in Elkhart, Indiana. Later RJD
__________________
2020 Shasta Phoenix SPF 27RKSS
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing. Traded 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-6 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:50 AM.