Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2016, 11:42 AM   #561
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 353
No pictures but a couple of years ago saw tt set up then guy goes in and brings out 2 kayaks 2 bikes and coolers and other assorted items Can't figure how it all fit inside
packrat48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 11:44 AM   #562
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Loganville, GA
Posts: 34
I wish I had a picture but then again I am telling on myself. Many years ago, my wife and I purchased a used 30' bumper pull. It appeared to be in good shape but found later that there was a lot of hidden damage, the biggest being a water leak. Well we took it on its maiden voyage to a campground about 2 hours away. Halfway during our week long stay, the a/c quit. Turned out the fan blade was brittle and came apart. No local shop could get one for several days. Determined not to end our stay early- this was June and in the mid 90's, I went to Walmart and purchased a window a/c unit. The camper had 2 entry doors so I used cardboard and filled in the door and made a cut out for the window unit. The window unit was then supported with 2x8's that I had cut up for leveling boards that I didn't need. We finished camping the rest of the week. I am sure everyone around just laughed at the Clampetts that were camping. I ended up fixing the a/c and repairing the water leak. A friend then purchased the camper to take to his hunting land.
__________________

Kris & Alicia
2001 Ford F250 CC LWB 4X4 PSD
B&W Companion Hitch
2012 Sierra 32QBBS
noslofivoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 02:12 PM   #563
Site Team
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Northen IL
Posts: 6,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by noslofivoh View Post
I wish I had a picture but then again I am telling on myself. Many years ago, my wife and I purchased a used 30' bumper pull. It appeared to be in good shape but found later that there was a lot of hidden damage, the biggest being a water leak. Well we took it on its maiden voyage to a campground about 2 hours away. Halfway during our week long stay, the a/c quit. Turned out the fan blade was brittle and came apart. No local shop could get one for several days. Determined not to end our stay early- this was June and in the mid 90's, I went to Walmart and purchased a window a/c unit. The camper had 2 entry doors so I used cardboard and filled in the door and made a cut out for the window unit. The window unit was then supported with 2x8's that I had cut up for leveling boards that I didn't need. We finished camping the rest of the week. I am sure everyone around just laughed at the Clampetts that were camping. I ended up fixing the a/c and repairing the water leak. A friend then purchased the camper to take to his hunting land.
Seeing a regular house window AC unit in a trailer is almost a common occurrence for me anymore. I don't even look twice when I see it.
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 02:38 PM   #564
Site Team
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Southwest Alabama
Posts: 9,605
We see window unit A/C's in tents all the time around here during the summer. And we also see a lot of tents in full hookup sites, so they can run those A/C's.
__________________
Salem 29RKSS Pushing a GMC Sierra 2500HD!
Gotta go campin!
Bama Rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 03:25 PM   #565
Senior Member
 
Iwannacamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 7,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
We see window unit A/C's in tents all the time around here during the summer. And we also see a lot of tents in full hookup sites, so they can run those A/C's.

Some tents have a flap for it. Go figure.


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________
2017 Puma 297RLSS
2005 Ram 2500 4X4 diesel SMOKER!!
I love puns, irony and tasteless jokes...
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 08:00 PM   #566
Senior Member
 
trudinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,335
Saw this today in a parking lot for the Washington Island Ferry. Instead of taking the ferry trip I'd have spent my time getting a new tire!! This one "may" have "issues." Not a real good photo, but you get the idea.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1467766807305.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	113203  
__________________
2012 Rockwood 8293RKSS
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins Turbodiesel 4x4; 2012 Ford Escape 4x4. 3 very pampered cats.
Days camped: 2011: 61; 2012: 66 Days; 2013: 69;2014: 68 2015: 90 Days camped 2016: 34
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 08:16 PM   #567
Senior Member
 
mjones12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lexington, NC
Posts: 2,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by trudinator View Post
Saw this today in a parking lot for the Washington Island Ferry. Instead of taking the ferry trip I'd have spent my time getting a new tire!! This one "may" have "issues." Not a real good photo, but you get the idea.
Agree that he needs a usable spare, but maybe he's trying to show the world how sorry the state of trailer tires has become...in many cases.
__________________
2018 Coachmen Apex 249 RBS
2010 Silverado LT 5.3 V8


The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 08:37 PM   #568
DW's 401(k) Plan
 
DaGrinch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Western MD
Posts: 2,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
We see window unit A/C's in tents all the time around here during the summer. And we also see a lot of tents in full hookup sites, so they can run those A/C's.
You mean like this.....


And this.....


__________________

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life........MOST of the time.
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 10:13 PM   #569
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Frederica DE
Posts: 1,223
Just don't know what to say! Guess you could sleep on the back when the weather gets to rough?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1467774628685.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	113211  
__________________

2016 Ford F250 XLT 4X4 6.2L
2015 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329SS
Hensley Arrow
uhduh camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 04:22 AM   #570
Senior Member
 
CAT-RN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 7,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhduh camping View Post
Just don't know what to say! Guess you could sleep on the back when the weather gets to rough?

Nothing like being prepared !!

Russell
CAT-RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 05:13 AM   #571
Senior Member
 
BamaBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Whereever our Berkshire is Parked!
Posts: 7,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
The consequences of not taking a flash flood warning seriously. I'm thinking there's going to be some water damage to this Class A.

Attachment 112827
Actually, no Bob - this is the brand new super secret Berkshire, Submarine edition, that will be released at the Hershey show this year - you are gonna get in trouble for posting that photo from the Forest River secret test area!
__________________
Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 05:16 AM   #572
Senior Member
 
BamaBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Whereever our Berkshire is Parked!
Posts: 7,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
We see window unit A/C's in tents all the time around here during the summer. And we also see a lot of tents in full hookup sites, so they can run those A/C's.
Yeah but it's a redneck thing - folks north of the Mason-Dixon line wouldn't understand Bama Rambler

(and yep, we see tents with window A/Cs propped up on coolers all the time )
__________________
Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 05:34 AM   #573
Senior Member
 
Restcure's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 967
Spotted last weekend...



Yes, those are German plates. MIL talked to the same folks at a campground the week before and they are part of a group - they had their campers shipped to Argentina and have been working their way north. This summer they will end up in Vancouver where they'll all be shipped home.
__________________
2012 Rockwood Ultra-Lite 2701SS, Goodyear Endurance LRD, ProPride 3P 1400 hitch
2013 F-150 FX4 7700# GVWR SuperCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 157" WB Max Tow 3.73:1
John, Dawn and Emily... and Bella the camping kitty

visit our website at www.restcure.ca
Restcure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 05:40 AM   #574
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGrinch View Post
You mean like this.....




I could definitely use this setup. Probably packs down into a nice package. I like it.
And what's wrong with tents having a/c
DougHeffernan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 10:32 AM   #575
Senior Member
 
kc5mhb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougHeffernan View Post
I could definitely use this setup. Probably packs down into a nice package. I like it.
And what's wrong with tents having a/c
Boy Scout summer camp two years in a row, I used a 5000 BTU air conditioner. Makes it nice for sleeping in the humid Louisiana summer.
__________________
2019 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WTBSV
2000 F250 CC SD V10 4X4 8' bed, 4:30 gears, SCT X3
2007 Mustang Convertible V6 - Lots of GT mods
1965 Mustang Coupe I6, 3 spd. manual
1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Funeral Car (Ghostbusters ECTO)
kc5mhb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 01:32 PM   #576
Senior Member
 
Oakman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Jefferson County, MO
Posts: 5,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBob View Post
Actually, no Bob - this is the brand new super secret Berkshire, Submarine edition, that will be released at the Hershey show this year - you are gonna get in trouble for posting that photo from the Forest River secret test area!
I'm glad you cleared that up for me, Bob. I actually thought it was the final inspection station at FR where they check for water leaks.
__________________


Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 01:42 PM   #577
Senior Member
 
Oakman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Jefferson County, MO
Posts: 5,413
Here's something I saw in a campground a couple of years ago. He was living in a burrow not more than five feet from the rear of our trailer. My apologies to any arachnid lovers on our forum, but I couldn't sleep at night knowing he was out there so I was the instrument of his demise.

Click image for larger version

Name:	HawnJun09 016_1.jpg
Views:	483
Size:	977.3 KB
ID:	113262

This is also a good reason to quit tent camping and buy a FR trailer.
__________________


Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 01:45 PM   #578
Senior Member
 
Ford Idaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Idaho
Posts: 9,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
Here's something I saw in a campground a couple of years ago. He was living in a burrow not more than five feet from the rear of our trailer. My apologies to any arachnid lovers on our forum, but I couldn't sleep at night knowing he was out there so I was the instrument of his demise.

Attachment 113262

This is also a good reason to quit tent camping and buy a FR trailer.
You should have just thrown a saddle on it and road it out of town....
__________________
2016 F350 6.7L LB CC Reese 28K 2014 Chaparral Lite 266sab
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." 2014 19 days camping 2015 17 days camping201620 days camping
Ford Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 01:51 PM   #579
Senior Member
 
Wobbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Southern, IL
Posts: 3,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
Here's something I saw in a campground a couple of years ago. He was living in a burrow not more than five feet from the rear of our trailer. My apologies to any arachnid lovers on our forum, but I couldn't sleep at night knowing he was out there so I was the instrument of his demise.

Attachment 113262

This is also a good reason to quit tent camping and buy a FR trailer.
The DW would have made me move the unit even after I killed it. I can hear the screams now about that thing hitchhiking it's way to our house and having babies.

Some things I just don't show her.
__________________
Bob & Michelle
2016 Ford F-250 Lariat 4x4
2017 Flagstaff Super Lite 526RLWS
Wobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 01:58 PM   #580
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobbles View Post
The DW would have made me move the unit even after I killed it. I can hear the screams now about that thing hitchhiking it's way to our house and having babies.

Some things I just don't show her.
That would be me screaming from the other side of the campground while my wife is laughing her but off. I also would have either pulled the shotgun out or torched the place.
Did I mention I hate Spiders and the picture about made me drop my phone
Sierra360PDEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:46 PM.