Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2019, 07:33 AM   #7701

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeblank View Post
But at least it isn't on the ground.....

Even better... the ground has a little down hill slope to it, so they would have gotten away with on the ground.
I kinda wish I was here when they leave just so I could see the debacle that creates- of course leaving shortly after watching

Days Traveled:2020-43 / 2019-37 / 2018-30
CentralMePistol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 07:56 AM   #7702
Broken Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CentralMePistol View Post
I kinda wish I was here when they leave just so I could see the debacle that creates- of course leaving shortly after watching

I kinda wish more people would maybe actually help a newbie out and gently educate him on his error, than just sit there and waiting with glee for the poop shower...

Tim

"Camper" 2016
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss
"Casper" 2017 Ram 2500 Laramie Diesel
..ProPride 3P Hitch - "Yeah. It's worth it."
Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 08:03 AM   #7703

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowracer View Post
I kinda wish more people would maybe actually help a newbie out and gently educate him on his error, than just sit there and waiting with glee for the poop shower...

Tim

Normally I would. But they weren’t here when we got home from the park last night and we went right to bed. And this morning they haven’t gotten up.
Honestly most of us would help, but the point of this thread is to get a good laugh. Not tell everyone how nice we are helping others out.
So chuckle a little.... make a joke.... and then help them out on your own.

Old 07-25-2019, 08:56 AM   #7704

Quote:
Do you see it?

Newbs.

Attachment 210752
It's a science project trying to prove that **** can flow uphill

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2004 Nissan Titan
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 09:17 AM   #7705
Always Learning

So it looks like a bunch of rigs around me have boarded up and closed up for the summer and are in full-on hurricane prep mode.

It seriously looks like they've screwed into the sides of their campers but I could be wrong as to what this hardware is:

There must have been a special on this hardware as I can count a dozen rigs around me that use the same setup.

And then, I've heard of people anchoring their rigs before but this is the first I've actually seen it:

Old 07-25-2019, 09:26 AM   #7706
rvb

Quote:
Even better... the ground has a little down hill slope to it, so they would have gotten away with on the ground.
the ground looks like it slopes a LOT assuming the TT is level. Maybe they ran the hose support backwards to lessen the slope so it wouldn't come out so forcefully and pop the end of the hose out of the ground??
-rvb
rvb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 09:34 AM   #7707

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
So it looks like a bunch of rigs around me have boarded up and closed up for the summer and are in full-on hurricane prep mode.

It seriously looks like they've screwed into the sides of their campers but I could be wrong as to what this hardware is:

There must have been a special on this hardware as I can count a dozen rigs around me that use the same setup.

And then, I've heard of people anchoring their rigs before but this is the first I've actually seen it:

I think those are threaded studs that they've permenently mounted around the window frames. I've seen that done on houses so that the boards can easily be installed and removed with the wingnuts when hurricanes are coming. Then the boards are removed and stored for the next time. With the predrilled holes in the wood, it makes it easy. But yes, the end of the stud you can't see is self tapping threads and screwed into the window frame

Ray
US Navy Veteran
RandK-M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 10:09 AM   #7708

Is that particleboard? Hard to tell in the pic. If it is that sure wo t last long.
Quote:

robbiels7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 10:14 AM   #7709
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:

All pretty common in larger R/V parks in FL.

I seen those same things some 20 years ago when we lived there.

Days Camped: '17=38 '18=49 '19=58 '20=110 '21=116 '22=25
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 10:21 AM   #7710

Quote:

Do you see it?

Newbs.

Attachment 210752
I looked at this photo for several minutes, twice, before deciding on commenting.

I decided I am not there so any analysis is speculative.

A picture is a true representation of actual situations except when it comes to perspective.

Looking at the front jacks tell me something is wrong with the picture.

The supports are built to slope down. The ground there slopes considerably down. The sewer line appears to go down just after exiting the trailer then levels out. From the perspective of my easy chair while drinking my morning hot beverage it looks level with a slight curve away from the camera which appears like a half hose rise.

I am not a person can sit back with a smirk on my face waiting for someone to make a mistake so I can laugh and poke fun. Not that anyone on this forum would ever do that, just saying others on other forums might.

I would not go banging on someone’s door in the AM telling them they made a mistake either.

However, I could and would leave a note, IF the hose does go up hill, warning that neither fluids nor solids flow up hill and to please be careful and gently lift the hose starting at the TT to remove what could be in it THEN to flood it generously before disconnecting either end repeating the forced drainage.

The later part, I would particularly add in case they left before I did. I would not want any brown hanging around.

As a novice Glamper, it still applies.
RobertDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 10:22 AM   #7711
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiels7 View Post
Is that particleboard? Hard to tell in the pic. If it is that sure wo t last long.
Looks like exterior siding to me.
Old 07-25-2019, 10:23 AM   #7712
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
All pretty common in larger R/V parks in FL.

I seen those same things some 20 years ago when we lived there.
Ahh, cool. I haven't been in a big RV park in the summer before. Well, outside of Orlando where most people don't do a whole lot of hurricane prep.
Old 07-25-2019, 10:23 AM   #7713
RV There Yet?

Quote:
Looks like hardboard siding maybe?
Old 07-25-2019, 10:26 AM   #7714
llr

Quote:
I think it is a cement board product
prior TV 2014 Silverado 2500 HD
llr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 10:36 AM   #7715
D W

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeblank View Post
Sewer sure looks like it's going uphill...
Could very well be an optical illusion. Analyze the plane of the TT Vs. the plane of the sewer hose.
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 11:18 AM   #7716

Quote:
Originally Posted by D W View Post
Could very well be an optical illusion. Analyze the plane of the TT Vs. the plane of the sewer hose.

Everyone’s comments are pretty accurate. It is a downhill site. The support being backwards brings it to “about level” so they will probably get away with it. I will probably mention it tonight when I see them. They do t have the valves open so no problems yet.

Thanks to those who took the joke as such and got a good laugh with me. Again, I thought the whole point of this thread was a good laugh. I don’t want a poo leak in front of my camper as much as anyone else and plan to talk to them. And till then they should get away with it.

Old 07-25-2019, 11:28 AM   #7717
Always Learning

Alright, here's another. I think I've seen this rig before- just not sure if online or in parks.

Old 07-25-2019, 11:37 AM   #7718

Quote:
Originally Posted by llr View Post
I think it is a cement board product
It is vertical hardboard siding, very durable (now), roughly 10 years back there was a class action lawsuit, mainly for the mid-west, the siding started to fall apart, I still have it on my house.
wildcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 11:54 AM   #7719
D W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowracer View Post

Tim
In this day and age some people are "offended" by the least little thing. Sometimes it's just better to mind your own business, unless they ask for help.
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 11:57 AM   #7720
Kasual Kamper

Quote:
Alright, here's another. I think I've seen this rig before- just not sure if online or in parks.

Looks like a fun house at an amusement park. I wonder what color they list on the registration.
JayArras is offline   Reply With Quote